• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
aWARRIOR_04101990_0006.jpg

PWI_0030.jpg

aWARRIOR_04291992_0007.jpg

Ever since Reigns added the 'gun cocking' taunt before the superman punch I hear shotgun sound effects in my head and that's awesome

Hope they nurture this guy right

Guzim

WhiteHouse.gov has pulled a petition that reached almost 100,000 votes, asking for Daniel Bryan to be inserted into the WrestleMania 30 main event. The petition was pulled under the moderation policy for violating the site's Terms of Participation.

Wrestlemania to end with Bryan giving the "Move That Beat John Cena" to Obama, and 70, 000 fans chanting YES!

Gorillaz

Instead of just saying it in the 2/3 OT threads about making things better in WWE I'll ask it here....

You guys were talking about Nxt eariler. Maybe they can do like what they did with the first "round" of stars on Nxt and make them all one stable? I really liked that whole heel turn they all did.

This time tho not feeding them to Cena

G-Fex

I had a dream last night about Sting debuting.

he was doing mysterious things and appearing in the rafters. Then when he appeared in non-makeup/sunglasses mode he did powerful devastating chair shots to people.

then John Cena called him that guy from KISS

and he got buried :(

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying this W-1 show - there's a great variety of styles throughout the card, it's a definite step above AJPW & NOAH's current products and, if Mutoh can keep his finances in order, I could see W-1 sticking around for a while.

Masakatsu Funaki vs Yoshihiro Takayama was a fun shootstyle match - not as good as it would have been a decade or so earlier, but fun nonetheless. Takayama's pretty much done, though. He's still a draw because of his size, but you can tell he's ridiculously beat up after working such a stiff style all these years.

iJxk8qFl9lf63.gif

ibknMcPj4og6GC.gif

strobogo

Banned
I really don't know why WWE hasn't hired guys specifically to work programs with Cena and then leave instead of have guys get their careers stalled out in WWE for it. 80s style, bring in a monster every couple of months, then he disappears after the program with Cena.

Ithil

Instead of just saying it in the 2/3 OT threads about making things better in WWE I'll ask it here....

You guys were talking about Nxt eariler. Maybe they can do like what they did with the first "round" of stars on Nxt and make them all one stable? I really liked that whole heel turn they all did.

This time tho not feeding them to Cena

I don't think they want to do that again. The folks in NXT aren't like the rookies from NXT Season 1, they're all individuals up and down the card now. So they'll be debuting one by one.

Pavaloo

Wyatt's working for authority and The Shield is going to uncover it? Love it. Super easy to book authority being behind DBry's rivalry with the Wyatts.

Roman chant was weird.

Pavaloo

They've been together for over a year, but yeah I don't want to see them split. Especially now that they've really solidified themselves.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think they want to do that again. The folks in NXT aren't like the rookies from NXT Season 1, they're all individuals up and down the card now. So they'll be debuting one by one.

They did two mini stables instead, The Shield and The Wyatts and they've both worked so far.

Pavaloo

Ziggler-Cesaro is great pretty much immediately. Can't wait to see Cesaro in the chamber. Calling it now:

DB will be the first guy and Cesaro will be second or third. (Interchanging with Christian)

Vylash

I hope that when The Shield is done, they're actually DONE, and they don't just bring in someone to take Reigns' spot, especially not fucking Mason Ryan like they're thinking about

strobogo

Banned
Meltzer has said they view him as a future number 1 guy so I don't see them doing that, but who knows with WWE.

I find that hard to believe. No way could anyone see Rusev as a top guy. A career in the Mark Henry role of "push a big guy every few months for someone to go over" at best.

mouserat

Neo Member
I find that hard to believe. No way could anyone see Rusev as a top guy. A career in the Mark Henry role of "push a big guy every few months for someone to go over" at best.

talking about Reigns there I believe

Rusev isn't any #1 guy, he's just a big pile of #2

somedevil

People seriously believed CM Punk was going to show up.

I find it funny because last week had more viewers.

Also here are the two big matches for lockdown for TNA: TNA is still doing Main Event viewer amounts.

* Lethal Lockdown Match: Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Ethan Carter III, Rockstar Spud & James Storm) vs. Team MVP (MVP, Gunner and The Wolves)
* TNA Title Match: Magnus vs. Samoa Joe

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's so eerie how much these past few months of TNA are like the end of WCW.

Fake investor versus real investor who pulled out.

Faces sidelined but still on the roster who never wrestle again for the company versus Faces sidelined and largely OUT of the company.

Pushing of some young indie talent from within the company versus pushing young indie talent from outside and inside of the company.

oh well then he should be s--
ryback_bio.png

Aside from the ppv booking where from HiaC 2012 onwards he basically lost every big match the biggest mistake they made with Ryback in my mind was turning him heel so soon, looking back at some matches from a year ago the guy was over as a monster face.
The moment he crawled out of his Cena feud it was all over.

For all the weak belly/butthole talk that taco bell generates the only fast food chain to ever make me sick (multiple times in my life no less) was fucking McDonalds.

It seems like any time I've gone out to eat and gotten sick I also had a drink with ice in it. I don't recall ever getting sick from times where I either didn't order a drink or ordered one without ice. A lot of places don't properly clean their machines so I usually attribute it to that.

RBH

It's so eerie how much these past few months of TNA are like the end of WCW.

Fake investor versus real investor who pulled out.

Faces sidelined but still on the roster who never wrestle again for the company versus Faces sidelined and largely OUT of the company.

Pushing of some young indie talent from within the company versus pushing young indie talent from outside and inside of the company.

It truly is surreal.

Those who ignore history.......

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Interesting!

I had a pretty sensitive stomach until I was eight or nine and then it became basically ironclad outside of a few McD's owning my gut over the next twenty years.

Fucking McD's though. I've eaten at places that made everyone else at the table sick and was completely fine besides a fart or two but I have the worst luck at McDonalds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom