• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Question for the NXT veterans out there, did they ever give any reason as to why Rowan and Harper are with Bray Wyatt?

He introduced them onto the NXT roster as his "sons", so they've never been anything but his cult members on WWE TV.
Well....Rowan was in FCW, but he was barely ever on TV.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
8kiUI2g.gif
Whatever was, is no longer there.

Vylash

That man now has a permanent spot in my top 5.

Also, apparently Vince wants to get Punk back but HHH doesn't. The future is scary when that guy is in full charge.

You mean HHH didn't wanna bring back the guy who's been phoning it in for the past few years and walked out on them without notice? Seems reasonable

Ithil

You mean HHH didn't wanna bring back the guy who's been phoning it in for the past few years and walked out on them without notice? Seems reasonable

Slight exaggeration, I think. Also, I would want to bring back my number two merch seller, personally.

Showaddy

He introduced them onto the NXT roster as his "sons", so they've never been anything but his cult members on WWE TV.
Well....Rowan was in FCW, but he was barely ever on TV.

If Rowan didn't have a beard he'd still be in development. It's the only reason he 'joined' the family when Bray was injured and then he just followed him and Harper up to the main roster.

strobogo

Banned
Update on StroMomo:

She has started chemo. Even though it hadn't spread to lymph nodes, it is a particularly aggressive form and they can't be sure it didn't "leak". She already has a gum infect from a broken crown. They found blood in her stool (aka POOPS for dumb dumbs like Bean Breath and G-Nobody) and she now has a full GI inspection on the way. She also had to have a blood transfusion as her blood pressure was very low. That one is weird since she's been on meds for high blood pressure for years and hasn't been able to take them since October. Very low potassium levels as well. Colo-rectal cancer also runs in the family, so we'll see.

kiguel182

Is it such a weird reaction when a guy just walks out on you?
No, you are right on that. But it's not like this came out of nowhere and to not even want him back and make him happy? C'mon.

He is one of their most valuable assets and not wanting him back is stupid.

Punk walked out on them with little notice and it was not like he was getting the Ziggler treatment. So Triple H does have a right to be mad.

The story your talking about you worded wrong. Meltzer said Vince wants him back and Triple H is leaning on no but has not said that out loud or to Vince. He is letting Vince handle this and is staying out of this problem.

edit:

Remember when everyone loved this idea as well. Does he get credit for the performance center and the tag division though?

I didn't read that directly from the source so you might be right. Still, doesn't change the fact he doesn't want him there.

Past few years? He had one of the best matches of the year with Lesnar 6 months ago. If you want to hate on the guy at least get your facts straight.

That match was also kept out of the voting of best match of the year because HHH couldn't let someone have a better match with Lesnar that he had. He clearly doesn't like Punk so don't ignore that.

Scary?
Trips probably wants new blood. Vince wants what's safe.

Yes, HHH wants new blood. That's why he keeps being on the main-event, that's why Baptista won the Rumble and Orton is champion.

Clearly there is lots of new blood on the main-event right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Update on StroMomo:

She has started chemo. Even though it hadn't spread to lymph nodes, it is a particularly aggressive form and they can't be sure it didn't "leak". She already has a gum infect from a broken crown. They found blood in her stool (aka POOPS for dumb dumbs like Bean Breath and G-Nobody) and she now has a full GI inspection on the way. She also had to have a blood transfusion as her blood pressure was very low. That one is weird since she's been on meds for high blood pressure for years and hasn't been able to take them since October. Very low potassium levels as well. Colo-rectal cancer also runs in the family, so we'll see.

Best of luck. Attack attack!

G-Fex

Update on StroMomo:

Best of luck with Stromomo. And Yes i'm fully aware of the definition of stool.

Not sure about Beanie though

Stupidest tattoo in all of wrestling?

Lance Archer's tramp stamp has to be up there. AJ Style's thing on the side of his ribs. Brock's sword.

*edit, stro, best of luck to you and stromo :)

jmdajr

WhiteHouse.gov has pulled a petition that reached almost 100,000 votes, asking for Daniel Bryan to be inserted into the WrestleMania 30 main event. The petition was pulled under the moderation policy for violating the site's Terms of Participation.

TL21xx

Banned
The fuck do you think NXT is for?

This. So much freaking this.

Triple H is quality and believes in Wrasslin', not Sports Entertainment. Embrace your Lord and Shovel Man Paul Levesque, THE SAVIOR OF PRO WRESTLING.

All jokes aside, everything I've ever read from or about Triple H since he made his way backstage makes it seem like he essentially wants to get out of the ring, take Vince's spot, and bring back some of the old NWA flavors into the product. Just looking at how NXT is booked shows that he cares about long term booking, memorable characters up and down the card, younger talents given the chance to shine over older ones, adapting the product to meet the needs of the audience, and working with talent to make sure their Main Roster transition is memorable. His only vice seems to be that you need to get in the gym and look fit, but frankly I agree with him on that one.

Did the episode have Willie Mack in it? Also the manager Stu, he's a wrestling mark on the commentary.
Naw, the only guy I knew that was in it was Scorpio Sky, and all he did was knee Ryan Taylor in the face. Actually i think i recognized Ryan Taylor's name from Stro's PWG review the other day
love The Big Guy. vertical filming, whataheel
Stupidest tattoo in all of wrestling?

Lance Archer's tramp stamp has to be up there. AJ Style's thing on the side of his ribs. Brock's sword.

*edit, stro, best of luck to you and stromo :)
icarustattoo.jpg

WhiteHouse.gov has pulled a petition that reached almost 100,000 votes, asking for Daniel Bryan to be inserted into the WrestleMania 30 main event. The petition was pulled under the moderation policy for violating the site's Terms of Participation.

That scrub conned nearly 100,000 people into voting for him to be buried on the biggest stage of them all?

sqVH0MN.gif

Rapstah

Not stupider than those stars, but stupider than the rest. I have to find a high-res photo of Michael Cole naked wearing his wrestling outfit (uhhh).

strobogo

Banned

Triple H is quality and believes in Wrasslin', not Sports Entertainment. Embrace your Lord and Shovel Man Paul Levesque, THE SAVIOR OF PRO WRESTLING.

All jokes aside, everything I've ever read from or about Triple H since he made his way backstage makes it seem like he essentially wants to get out of the ring, take Vince's spot, and bring back some of the old NWA flavors into the product. Just looking at how NXT is booked shows that he cares about long term booking, memorable characters up and down the card, younger talents given the chance to shine over older ones, adapting the product to meet the needs of the audience, and working with talent to make sure their Main Roster transition is memorable. His only vice seems to be that you need to get in the gym and look fit, but frankly I agree with him on that one.

HHH has complete control of NXT with zero input from Vince and it has been the best WWE programming since the reboot. Vince still has final say over everything on the main roster. You should be judging HHH's ability to run the promotion by what is going on down in NXT, not what happens on Raw. He has ideas and lets the writing team do what they need to do. He makes sure characters are pushed and highlighted. The talent down there is varied from hosses like Big E. to small high flyers like PAC to Generico to guys like the Wyatts to Seth Rollins. It's not like he has a fetish for big jacked dudes and only pushes them. It's really been just the opposite down there. Other than Big E, who was super over with the NXT crowd, the most heavily pushed guys were smaller than the average size on the main roster.

Awewww son of a bitch Obama has joined the authority

Rapstah

ER11_Photo_44.jpg

Doesn't help that apparently WWE can't photograph Michael Cole in higher resolution than 300*200 but all of Cole's tattoos are like the one on his right shoulder. What the fuck is that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Expect WWE to become NWA or FCW 2.0 when Vince retires (read: in the grave)

Wargames will be held within a year of his death. 4 horsemen within months.

Ithil

He's also obsessive about pro wrestling history. It's why he seems to regard the WWE Hall of Fame highly, worked to bring Bruno and Warrior back to the company (that was all him, too), etc, and he's been having his people collect wrestling artifacts for the last few years. He's big on the idea of a physical Hall of Fame, which Vince doesn't really care about. He wants a real showcase of wrestling history with objects and footage from the past.

I think overall HHH is more of a fan of wrestling itself than Vince is.

strobogo

Banned
Botched Spot is fucking terrible. They have to stop. The real thing with HHH is that he's more of a mark for pre-Hogan era WWF and 80s NWA, both things Vince pretends doesn't exist.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ER11_Photo_44.jpg

Doesn't help that apparently WWE can't photograph Michael Cole in higher resolution than 300*200 but all of Cole's tattoos are like the one on his right shoulder. What the fuck is that?
Either they're dream catchers or flying Betty Boops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom