• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time Archie has tweeted since he "disappeared"

@Archibald_Peck
You build one lousy flux capacitor and, all of a sudden, everyone thinks you're a time traveler. #NPWD

strobogo

Banned
Aiii, tell me which is most accurate.

Do you feel like Rock taking a Stone Cold Stunner?

502%20-%20beer%20gif%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20stunner%20the_rock%20wwe.gif

The Rock taking a GORE:

ifLmkTE6JGvPk.gif

Like Jocko2375 taking a Stone Cold Stunner?

ino4qT81MIJp7.gif

Or like Saturn selling an enziguri?

iblJRMJCZ5TI3X.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a troll indy guy wrestler? Like someone who ironically does 480s after taking moves and does shooting star kicks?

Andrew J.

I think Jimmy Jacobs might be suffering from some kind of chronic illness that can only be treated by holding a leadership position in a heel stable.

tm24

It was fun, but i don't really care about chikara at all anymore. It's 90s comic book phase really burned me out on the entire thing.

It's been so long since I just had fun watching a show! This was beyond awesome! Damn I can't wait for May, AIW has the JT Lighting tournament the same weekend as CHIKARA'S return! It's gonna rule!

I have a soft spot for them as they were 'my first' indie promotion that I really got into. I seen a few CZW, ROH and FWA shows before CHIKARA on the old 'Wrestling Channel', but CHIKARA was the first promotion I bought DVDs for after watching a few shows on the internet and followed from the start.

I hope they come back and just put on fun shows again. Darkness Crabtree has to return, along with Mr. Zero.

It was a slick damn ending, but my concern (as it always was) was that it was too long of a layoff. That's a year or so without any shows, almost to the day.

Which should probably tell you something about the situation they were in, if I'm surmising

Rapstah

JBL calls the NXT live thing on the Network a "pay-per-view", so it seems like they'll be called that in the future too.

It's a pretty weird video, it's clearly aimed at the people in the audience and not those watching the show.

Of course Wrassle-GAF will take full credit for the resurrection of CHIKARA and the reappearance of Mr. Peck ONE WEEK after the GAF-Avatar Rumble occured. Coincidence? I think not.

Pizoxuat

I only took the plunge and started watching Chikara stuff right when this abominable storyline and shut down kicked off. So I watched a bunch of old stuff, and yeah, I noticed that the more recent stuff had slicker production values but it just wasn't as much fun. They'd have a comedy match or two to start the show and then the serious business would begin.

If they can avoid that (and that was kind of the pattern of this show, but the transition wasn't as severe, the business not so serious) they'll get me as a loyal viewer of their new stuff. If not, there's plenty of old shows I haven't seen yet.

It was a slick damn ending, but my concern (as it always was) was that it was too long of a layoff. That's a year or so without any shows, almost to the day.

Which should probably tell you something about the situation they were in, if I'm surmising

I think they'll be fine the crowd was going wild, the internet was going wild. For anyone they lost along the way I'm sure they've picked a few up. Hopefully what ever financial issue's there were are taken care of.

Awesomeness below!

I think they'll be fine the crowd was going wild, the internet was going wild. For anyone they lost along the way I'm sure they've picked a few up. Hopefully what ever financial issue's there were are taken care of.

Awesomeness below!

What matters, more than anything, is money. They used free admission/streaming with the charity angle to get as many viewers/attendees as possible, which is perfecto.

So it's really looking at it in a bubble. Crowd was free. Internet viewing was free (and CHIKARA fans are the type to tweet out fucking everything they see anyways, as is blatantly obvious), so great for exposure. Paying customers, though?

I don't really think they picked up any new fans with the stuff they've been doing, but I say it was probably better than going radio silent, for sure.

And those financial issues were not taken care of. I'd be shocked if you see KOT this year, and if you do, it'll be very dialed down. I also don't expect them to return to The Trocadero or any Philadelphia venue now, if ever. Easton and Reading.

strobogo

Banned
The best thing to me about the Lockdown poster is that the promo picture of Magnus is around a year old with the title layered over him. It might actually be from 2012.

DMczaf

MELTZ NEWZ STINGZ

The latest on Sting is that he still has not signed but the general feeling is that it's a foregone conclusion that he's coming in. While he's not expected to be rushed into a match at WrestleMania XXX, word is that the working idea right now is for Sting to possibly be the new RAW General Manager.

jbcSu.gif

What matters, more than anything, is money. They used free admission/streaming with the charity angle to get as many viewers/attendees as possible, which is perfecto.

So it's really looking at it in a bubble. Crowd was free. Internet viewing was free (and CHIKARA fans are the type to tweet out fucking everything they see anyways, as is blatantly obvious), so great for exposure. Paying customers, though?

I don't really think they picked up any new fans with the stuff they've been doing, but I say it was probably better than going radio silent, for sure.

And those financial issues were not taken care of. I'd be shocked if you see KOT this year, and if you do, it'll be very dialed down. I also don't expect them to return to The Trocadero or any Philadelphia venue now, if ever. Easton and Reading.

That west coast dream is over.

I was watching on You Tube - think I saw about 2000 people watching at its highest, will be interesting to see how many of those turn into paying customers.

That west coast dream is over.

I was watching on You Tube - think I saw about 2000 people watching at its highest, will be interesting to see how many of those turn into paying customers.

That west coast dream was never real. Ever.

Jesus stro, you're right on the moOh MY GOD MICKIE JAMES IS A GIANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom