• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
I hope Bryan is in the main event of Wrestlemania, and is then pinned by Batista. WWE can't pass up this opportunity to drink the tears of 70,000 man-babies at Wrestlemania. Soak it all in. Just soak it all.

DMczaf

I don't know why Vince is not completely sold on Antonio Cesaro. He just has that manly look that would get over with the mainstream public. He looks like a grown ass man who just so happens to be a physical beast. I guess he has to wear more Afflection shirts and skinny jeans?

I don't know why Vince is not completely sold on Antonio Cesaro. He just has that manly look that would get over with the mainstream public. He looks like a grown ass man who just so happens to be a physical beast. I guess he has to wear more Afflection shirts and skinny jeans?

ESL. But that's why he's had managers. And Zeb seems to fit the bill!

BRAIN BUSTAAAAAAAAAA

3n5NSBR.gif

euLq22x.gif

Verendus

Banned
The irony of saying skinny jean, star tattoo having Batista should win and calling other people man-babies.
I don't know what shows you been watching, but I'm seeing a lot of tears everywhere. I'm just saying WWE should do the natural, and right, thing which is to bring out maximum tears at the biggest stage of them all. It's only right. Heck, he could even go all Austin at Wrestlemania 17 and bring out the dreaded chair for maximum impact as I can slowly pinpoint the moment the crowd's heart is breaking in two.

Rapstah

So, the internet's most popular guess for the letter sent to F4W is Dean Ambrose. Huh.

It was printed in its original form, grammatical errors included, in the newsletter:
Internet is so funny. You all read the sites so you all should know the 'plans' for Mania. None of those plans have Bryan in a title match so the internet exploding at the end of the show is beyond laughable. Plus dont hate on Rey, he didn't book himself as #30. The way most of you were acting the company should have called an audible and put Brooklyn Brawler as #30 just to piss you off even more. over 50,000 mania tix sold and a network that will change your life for ever is about to launch, so just relax and enjoy the product the company gives you. By the way, didn't you all shit on the wwe for the Sept - Nov ppvs last year and said you were done, but turned around to watch/buy the Rumble? Pittsburgh you were an awesome crowd and it was an honor to be in your building last night
I've never seen Ambrose write anything but this reads just like Ryback. Here's Ryback's Twitter description:
A mental machine and a psycho for success Ryback has arrived to do things nobody has ever dreamed possible. His life his rules there is no stopping The Big Guy.
Could be basically anyone who was in the Rumble. Alvarez said it was a "pretty big star" who was not Batista.

Edit: What's he even saying, by the way? He says the internet is acting stupid but praises the Rumble audience.

KissVibes

Banned
It was printed in its original form, grammatical errors included, in the newsletter:

I've never seen Ambrose write anything but this reads just like Ryback. Here's Ryback's Twitter description:

Could be basically anyone who was in the Rumble. Alvarez said it was a "pretty big star" who was not Batista.

Edit: What's he even saying, by the way? He says the internet is acting stupid but praises the Rumble audience.

I take "Pittsburgh you were an awesome crowd and it was an honor to be in your building last night" as sarcasm.

Ambrose is a guy that always says just enjoy the product you're given in shoots and shit, so guessing him makes sense. But yeah, maybe it is Ryback.

We at least know it wasn't Orton because he threw a hissy fit backstage after his match with Cena.

ESL. But that's why he's had managers. And Zeb seems to fit the bill!

But...his english is perfectly fine.

Well here is Meltzer star ratings for the matches:

Bryan and Bray: 4 stars
Cena vs Orton: 3.25 stars
The Rumble: 3.25 stars
Lesnar vs Big Show: 1.25 stars

The match was hated not because it was terrible. It was because people didn't want this match. They wanted Bryan to have the title and not these two. If was Bryan vs someone and they had the same match people would be chanting this is awesome.

It was people rejecting what they were giving before it even started with the two the fans see as the same old same old.

I used "terrible" there as a synonym for "boring crap." I don't care what Meltzer gave the match, it was a standard, boring, vanilla match that they tried to make exciting with finisher stealing towards the end. No psychology, no storytelling, no fun and crazy brawling, nothing. They absolutely phoned it in.

If Bryan had that match and the crowd went crazy, I just would've said " That was a boring match aided by a hype crowd." Boring is boring, breh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Skandor Akbar is the Dr. Doom of wrestling. Every time I watch one of his promos it just sounds like stuff Dr Doom would say or some other comic book villain. Also Paul Bearer as Percy Pringle as a babyface is just too weird for me.

---
Buddy_Lanny_Randy_Angelo.jpg

Feb. 27 Impact

* MVP kicks off the show with a promo about Team Dixie and Lockdown.

* BroMans defeated The Wolves and Kazarian & Daniels in a three-way tag team match when Robbie E stole a pin from one of The Wolves. This was said to be a very good tag match. There was apparently a funny moment where Zema Ion broke some of his DJ equipment.

* Douglas Williams returns to TNA and gets a huge pop from the UK crowd. He's facing Ethan Carter III. Ethan actually gets the win to much heat from the crowd.

* James Storm comes out and talks about how he screwed Gunner last week. Gunner is called out and they argue. Our correspondent thinks a match was made for later.

* Magnus comes out to huge heat from his home country crowd. Magnus calls out Samoa Joe and has an opponents for him, German wrestler Bad Bones. Joe destroys Bones in a match.

* Kurt Angle's Hall of Fame induction is next. They air a video package and Jeremy Borash does the induction. Angle comes out to a massive ovation and is presented with a Rolex watch by Borash. Angle gives an emotional speech. This was described as a very good moment until Ethan Carter III interrupts. They argue for a few minutes and Angle vs. Ethan for TNA Lockdown is announced.

* MVP vs. Bobby Roode with Austin Aries as special referee is up next. Aries is apparently wearing some really short shorts with his referee attire. Roode got the win after Aries turned on MVP and laid him out.

* Lei'D Tapa and Alpha Female vs. Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky is up next. Alpha came out with Chris Sabin on her shoulder. Sabin and Gail Kim watched from ringside. It was noted that Alpha and Tapa looked massive standing next to each other in the ring. Tapa and Alpha get the win and Gail joins in for a post-match beatdown until ODB makes the save.

* They may be taping somethings out of order here but Christy Hemme was in the ring when Sam Shaw confronted her and began to creepily obsess over here some more. Mr. Anderson comes out to interrupt. It was noted that Anderson and Shaw were dressed almost the same and looked just like each other. Anderson called Shaw a creepy bastard and got a "creepy bastard" chant going. This was described as a segment with not much to it. Hemme ended up slapping Shaw.

I used "terrible" there as a synonym for "boring crap." I don't care what Meltzer gave the match, it was a standard, boring, vanilla match that they tried to make exciting with finisher stealing towards the end. No psychology, no storytelling, no fun and crazy brawling, nothing. They absolutely phoned it in.

If Bryan had that match and the crowd went crazy, I just would've said " That was a boring match aided by a hype crowd." Boring is boring, breh.

I don't think they phoned it in. I think they legit thought they were putting on a good match. I don't even know how Meltzer could give it the rating he did. 2.5 at most. I've seen Cena matches on Raw against mid carders that I thought were better than that. I really just wanted that match to end.

strobogo

Banned
I think that picture is from Randy's time in WCW. Lanny was never that wide/soft in the WWF. One of the cooler things from the Memphis set was seeing that Randy got his weird hand gestures from his dad. Especially the pinky thing.

Also, LOLTNA. SWERVES and making your new big time faces look like losers already. Sounds about right.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a Memphis promo where Macho's cutting a promo and Lanny just has a sword for some reason. And looks like Ashton Kutcher.

somedevil

Its hilarious in the next set of tapings they have to redo a whole elimination match because everyone including the wrestlers got distracted by a fight between two drunks in the crowd.

gurudyne

Meltzer also said he would much rather have seen the match we got than a 20 minute three-star match. Star ratings are weird.

Something that fails as a match but is entertaining nonetheless is probably better than 20 minutes of mediocrity and boredom. Kind of like the difference between Big Cass vs Breeze and Miz vs Parker this week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ICW is my favorite old, carny looking promotion from the 80s. And Rip Rogers doing his best/worst Gorgeous George impressions.

Carnby

Dirt sheets will do anything for a click. Here an "other story" that I noticed.

LOL @ the look on Taker's face and the caption together.

strobogo

Banned
You sure it's a rifle?
1067_2520-_2520Raw_2520brian_pillman_2520gun_2520wwf_png.jpg

I don't know, but I do know this is a residential area and there are no hunting grounds anywhere in the city. And someone is shooting stuff. A lot. For the past 15-20 minutes. Sometimes 4-5 shots in a row. Starting to really weird me the fuck out. There is a gun range around here, but a few miles away. Wouldn't be able to hear anything from there, plus it is raining/cold/slushly/snowy and getting dark. Whoever it is just unloaded a clip is sounded like.

Toki767

I don't know, but I do know this is a residential area and there are no hunting grounds anywhere in the city. And someone is shooting stuff. A lot. For the past 15-20 minutes. Sometimes 4-5 shots in a row.

Are you sure they aren't just setting off firecrackers for Chinese New Year?

strobogo

Banned
Are you sure they aren't just setting off firecrackers for Chinese New Year?

I thought maybe fire crackers at first, but these are clearly gun shots and sound like they're getting closer and more frequent. This is pretty much an addition of retirees. I don't think there are too many people celebrating or even knowing about Chinese New Years out here.

I just watched this AMAZING Hulk Hogan vs. The Genius match: http://youtu.be/qo5-evYqKdM

Seriously, this was so awesome. Everyone (including the announcers) played their roles perfectly. I think The Genius is my new favorite wrestler. That equation on the scroll? So.Awesome.

somedevil

March 6 spoilers for TNA:

* Kazarian and Daniels come out as The British Bulldogs for an Xplosion match. Kaz is The Dynamite Kaz and Daniels is Daniels Boy Smith. Daniels vs. German wrestler Bad Bones is up for Xplosion. Daniels gets the win.

* The final Impact before Lockdown kicks off with Bobby Roode, Zema Ion and BroMans in the ring. Roode talks about Lockdown. Something has changed and this is now Team Dixie. Austin Aries comes out and talks about helping Roode beat MVP last week. Aries wants half of the 10% stake in TNA that Dixie Carter gave Roode to captain her team at Lockdown. MVP comes out with The Wolves and both sides face off in the ring. Dixie comes out and gets between the two groups. She has words with MVP. MVP reveals that Jeff Hardy is returning at Lockdown to be part of Team MVP. It will now be MVP, Hardy and The Wolves vs. Roode, Aries and BroMans. A brawl breaks out and we get a match.

* Austin Aries, Bobby Roode and Robbie E vs. MVP and The Wolves under elimination rules is up next. Robbie gets pinned first. Roode pins MVP, which will be twice in two weeks of TV. Apparently Aries and Eddie Edwards had a great exchange in this match. Edwards and Davey Richards were said to be the stars of the match. It came down to one or two of The Wolves and Roode. Our correspondent says the match ended in an odd way and more than half the crowd seemed distracted by security breaking up a big fight between two drunk guys in the crowd. Even the wrestlers stopped to watch the fight. There was also no explanation before the match about the elimination stipulation or the rules.

* Ethan Carter III is out to cut a promo on Kurt Angle and Lockdown. Ethan calls himself The American Icon. Angle comes out and they have words before Ethan escapes the ring. They finally brawl in and out of the ring and Ethan puts a submission on Kurt's knees.

* Sam Show comes out and is met by "creepy bastard" chants. Mr. Anderson is out next with Eric Young. Shaw vs. EY ends in a disqualification when Anderson gets involved.

* Alpha Female, Lei'D Tapa and Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky and ODB is up next. ODB was said to be over big time with the crowd. Chris Sabin was at ringside for Alpha and taunted Velvet during the match. Velvet ends up getting the win for her team.

* Gunner comes out for an in-ring promo but is interrupted by James Storm. They have words and Storm gets in a cheap shot. They brawl and that's it.

* It's announced they will be re-filming the elimination match from earlier, probably because of the confusion and the fans watching the fight in the crowd. They tape around 5 minutes of Bobby Roode vs. Davey Richards, which was the ending of the elimination match. Roode got the pin for his team.

* Samoa Joe and Magnus are out for the final segment. Lots more heel heat for Magnus here. Bully Ray ends up coming out and getting into it with Joe. The final Impact before Lockdown ends with Joe putting Bully through a table and leaving.

That last spoilers gives away how the main event will end. Also, for these new guys coming in with all this hype they lose quite a bit.

Also, announced matches for lockdown:

Magnus vs Samoa Joe
Angle vs EC3
James Storm vs Gunner
MVP, the wolves, and Jeff Hardy vs Bobby Roode, Aries and the Bromans

DMczaf

Damien Sandow can only wish that he was as awesome as Lanny Poffo as The Genius.

Damien Sandow gets over more vs Cena because the commentary team keeps telling me how surprised they are that Damian Sandow is still hanging in there with Cena for so long...and then he loses clean 2 mins later. But he was hanging in there with Cena!

My favorite part about the Sandow/Cena match is people were trying to sweep it under the rug with "but it was a great match, the outcome didn't matter!" And then months later, this Friday Sandow lost to fucking Kofi Kingston to continue a long-ass losing streak started off with said Cena match (broken up only by a fluke win over Khali), and even the commentators don't remember "oh, that was a great match", they remember "oh, Sandow lost" just like everybody else who's sane does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom