• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The brief Genius/Hulk feud was pretty darn good, it was Lenny's brush with big money and he made it work.

Jamie OD

I just watched this AMAZING Hulk Hogan vs. The Genius match: http://youtu.be/qo5-evYqKdM

Seriously, this was so awesome. Everyone (including the announcers) played their roles perfectly. I think The Genius is my new favorite wrestler. That equation on the scroll? So.Awesome.

If you haven't already, go listen to Poffo being interviewed by Colt Cabana on the Art Of Wrestling podcast. He tells the story of putting that match together with Hogan, which is pretty neat.

DMczaf

BFcRlqA.jpg

mouserat

Neo Member
Edit: What's he even saying, by the way? He says the internet is acting stupid but praises the Rumble audience.

tbh I was pretty pissed by that letter. is the Bryan thing a work or not?? if it's not a work then why should anyone 'have faith' as the letter seems to imply? and if it IS a work, then why is this guy/girl shitting on the internet for reacting to the work appropriately?

it's bullshit, really. we pay for WWE. we pay for cable channels, pay for merch, pay for tickets, and it's not cheap. if you buy a hotdog and it's full of dogshit, should we just 'enjoy the product we're given'? no! WWE doesn't exist without fans, and if fans don't enjoy something they can either complain, or vote with their feet by not giving WWE any more of their money - wouldn't whoever wrote this letter rather fans gave fair warning before mass withdrawal of financial support?

If you haven't already, go listen to Poffo being interviewed by Colt Cabana on the Art Of Wrestling podcast. He tells the story of putting that match together with Hogan, which is pretty neat.

Thanks for the heads up! Listening to it right now. Love me some Genius.

Batigol

Banned
Do you think wrestlers take it personally when they get booed when they're not supposed to? Like Batista, for example since he's technically a face. I think? Or Rey

Do you think wrestlers take it personally when they get booed when they're not supposed to? Like Batista, for example since he's technically a face. I think?

Considering Batista mocked the fans by flipping them off while chanting YES at them immediately after the cameras went off, I'd say yes.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do you think wrestlers take it personally when they get booed when they're not supposed to? Like Batista, for example since he's technically a face. I think? Or Rey

I'd imagine it would? Maybe not for Batista or for Rey but probably for the guys who bust their asses off their company night in and night out.

Batista whining about the fans is pretty rich. Dude just shows up and gets the golden ticket handed to him and has the nerve to get upset about fans venting at that shit.

Finished watching the W-1 show, really fun overall - KAI vs Minoru's worth a watch, although Minoru kicks out of goddamn everything. Also really enjoyed Masato Tanaka vs Yasufumi Nakanoue, probably the best match I've seen from Nakanoue yet, while Sekimoto & Okabayashi vs Kanemoto & Yoshioka was a good heavyweights vs jr's tag match. The undercard was fun as well, a good women's match, Kikutaro being an idiot and Funaki vs Takayama in a shootstyle match. Good stuff.

Okabayashi beasting;

ib1honcrjekEZG.gif

Love the Sliding D, no one hits it quite as well as Old Man Tanaka;

ioUVpsBHNpXv6.gif

Awesome clutch pin from Minoru;

ibhjArw136IokY.gif

gurudyne

That's because the Genius worked his character all the time. In ring, out of ring, promos, mannerisms, tactics, etc. It's why Bray Wyatt really stands out to me. Bray Wyatt lives that character whenever you see him.

Sandow did a lot of that too--man went to events and signed autographs with a giant feather quill. Based on what you're saying here, it sounds like Sandow fell short in the ring.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit lol

According to F4WOnline.com, WWE officials were very disappointed with the crowd reaction for Batista's return to WWE Raw. It is being said that they are blaming the Dayton, Ohio crowd and not Batista. The ratings were solid and the officials felt that the crowd certainly hurt his return. This could potentially stop WWE from returning there for a WWE Raw or Pay-Per-View in the future.

hahaha

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the WWE wants to control the image so bad why do they even do RAW live? Just tape it and alter the sound as you please. Whining about how a live crowd that paid money to watch your crap reacts to your product is just some funny ass shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the WWE wants to control the image so bad why do they even do RAW live? Just tape it and alter the sound as you please. Whining about how a live crowd that paid money to watch your crap reacts to your product is just some funny ass shit.

This right here. This is when you know you've lost the plot as a company.

G-Fex

Raw should just be animated from now on. That way HHH is still champion and competing.

strobogo

Banned
Sandow isn't as good of a character as Genius, but he's definitely better in the ring.

There will be some hell to be had if I never get a Revengance sequel.

DMczaf

Made some brown rice, carrots and chicken for dinner. Boring week of food, worked out every day for at least an hour (cardio and weights).

DptR8mY.jpg

Getting ready to destroy my body tomorrow! Pizza, burgers, and wings!

All future WWE live events will now take place in Stamford, Connecticut. Paid seat fillers will be brought in for each and every show and given a script each week on when and who to cheer.

Edit: I totally fell into a Botchamania hole for about 2 hours after watching 242. I'm pretty sure I've watched all of them but they never get old.

G-Fex

oh my god the new botchamania was fucking great. Those chants made RR tolerable.

Ending fucking made me CRACK UP.

TL21xx

Banned
It would probably only take 2 people to make a loud chant in Corpus Christi.

Perfect. I have four.

On a different note, my brothers and I are thinking about reviewing the Monday Night War episodes of RAW and Nitro week by week in a podcast format and decide which would have been the better option back in the day when the Network hits (assuming these shows are available). The catch? None of us actually watched Wrestling during the Monday Night War. We'd be going in fresh every week. Anyone think that's an interesting idea?

Hey guys, need help finding something...

I remember in the build up to WrestleMania 23, McMahon cut a hilarious promo on Trump - something like "I'm gonna strap him in that chair... and he's gonna be so embarrassed." Hilarious, but I can't find video of it anywhere.

I watched McMahon's Raw promo where Stone Cold's announced as ref. I watched the Raw contract signing. And I watched the WrestleMania 23 press conference.

Couldn't find it. It's a really long, ranting promo where McMahon goes on and on like a child. It's hilarious.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom