• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I understand your perspective Aiii. Personally, I'm surprised it took him this long to walk. I always said to myself "how has he not rage quit this company yet?".

It was inevitable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. Punk walking out is a good thing to show Vince and Trips that the way creative is run is horrible and pisses alot of people off, so I can't fault the guy for leaving.

I'd just rather that the crowd hijack the shows by chanting for Bryan, Ziggler and other people they want to see pushed ahead of guys like Orton and Cena. So focus chanting on that, because at least that can force WWE's hand one way or the other.

Another thing with Punk was he's been working hurt for a while now. He mentioned he was getting weekly blood tests and MRI's. So probably just everything made him walk out. I do wonder if Vince is angry or impressed with Punk having the balls to walk out. Vince should be able to sue Punk to depending on how his contract works

Showaddy

The latest Wrestling Observer Radio had some insider confirm that Bray Wyatt writes his own promos. He's just fantastic.

It would have been surprised if he didn't have at least major input into his promos. We haven't had anything that good out of the writing team for a long time.

Kyoufu

Vince could sue Punk.

But that would burn a bridge he doesn't want burned. It'd be bad for business, because you know Punk will return eventually.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't really know how your contracts work over there, WWE doesn't actually employ their talent anyways, they're contracted agents aren't they? I think it's just a case of being "exclusive" to WWE and agreeing to now work elsewhere. So as long as Punk doesn't go elsewhere until his contract runs out, all they can do is not pay him for the work he's not doing.

Aiii

So not worth it
It would have been surprised if he didn't have at least major input into his promos. We haven't had anything that good out of the writing team for a long time.

I think it happens with a few people that only get bullet points and get to do the rest on their own. I know AJ gets to cut her own promo's as well (when they actually let her cut promo's that is). Cena of course doesn't get told what to say and I'm pretty sure the same goes Ambrose.

I'm 100% sure Orton is given his scripts word for word and I'm sure the same goes for Sheamus as well.

Does it really seems like everyone has now revolted against WWE, or is this still just a niche thing WWE could work past?

More people seem annoyed than usual - not just us.

meaningless shit.

they bitching about Punk on FB? they'll watch RAW anyway and buy the PPVs and the t-shirts and the videogames and...

you get my point. marks ass marks being mark ass marks.

i1a23uUj36QmT.gif

I liked how Ibushi sold that lol

I really think Bray delivers his promos naturally, unlike Orton's.

Striker

Bad analogy. Duggan was OVER as fuck. His reactions were often as big and sometimes bigger than Hogan's. It'd be more like Perfect winning the Rumble by eliminating Koko B. Ware or the Red Rooster.
Eh, Santino was getting helluva lot of cheers at that point, for reasons unknown to me. Still, it makes sense for a guy you want to get over further as a heel to eliminate a top dog, rather than somebody who's been lower on the card and fairly irrelevant in the main event scene.

Ravager61

I think it happens with a few people that only get bullet points and get to do the rest on their own. I know AJ gets to cut her own promo's as well (when they actually let her cut promo's that is). Cena of course doesn't get told what to say and I'm pretty sure the same goes Ambrose.

I'm 100% sure Orton is given his scripts word for word and I'm sure the same goes for Sheamus as well.

Thats pretty cool to know. Ambrose is one of my favorite people on the mic in the company. I wish he was getting a push over Reigns but obviously he ain't as purty.

meaningless shit.

they bitching about Punk on FB? they'll watch RAW anyway and buy the PPVs and the t-shirts and the videogames and...

you get my point. marks ass marks being mark ass marks.

Say CM Punk shows up in ROH or New Japan or wherever, how many of those people up in arms about him leaving would actually bother to check out a non-WWE product for their dose of Punk? A lot less than are bitching, I'd wager.

Kyoufu

Say CM Punk shows up in ROH or New Japan or wherever, how many of those people up in arms about him leaving would actually bother to check out a non-WWE product for their dose of Punk? A lot less than are bitching, I'd wager.

Taking your customers for granted never ends well.

exactly. imagine Punk tweets "hey guys, gonna wrestle for NJPW in the summer!".
99% of the replies will be "what's NJPW? just come back to WWE! <3 #voiceofthevoiceless".

jmdajr

Too bad there was no compromise, say only RAW and EC until Wrestlemania. No Smackdown or House shows or extensive media.

Pizoxuat

I don't think the actual content of Bray's promos is that impressive. The basic structure is some nursery rhymes and references that prove that he is literate and did his assigned reading in high school. His delivery elevates them and is what makes them impressive.

Showaddy

exactly. imagine Punk tweets "hey guys, gonna wrestle for NJPW in the summer!".
99% of the replies will be "what's NJPW? just come back to WWE! <3 #voiceofthevoiceless".

I was shocked recently when I was chatting to a couple of my Irish mates who are wrestling fans about Devitt and they genuinely had no idea who he was. For most people wrestling doesn't exist outside the WWE.

Xater

Half way through the national pro Wrestling Day show. Pretty all right for a free show. Definitely looks like more fun for the kids than any WWE show. Those interactions with Eddie Kingston were priceless.

I don't think the actual content of Bray's promos is that impressive. The basic structure is some nursery rhymes and references that prove that he is literate and did his assigned reading in high school. His delivery elevates them and is what makes them impressive.
Often I have no earthly clue what the hell Bray is talking about so I'm going to agree with this, maybe Bray is just too deep for me maaan.

Sabucin

I don't understand what was the point of Kofi beating Orton clean a few weeks ago... he is still a jobber even in House Shows.

zychi

Banned
I was shocked recently when I was chatting to a couple of my Irish mates who are wrestling fans about Devitt and they genuinely had no idea who he was. For most people wrestling doesn't exist outside the WWE.

i'm this way now. i used to follow roh religiously, then dbrine and punk left. i know a few of the guys who are still there, but i couldnt name anyone in njpw, chikara, or 98% of the tna roster. i also gave up on watching raw live, so im basically down to nxt, and fast forwarding through raw.

Aiii

So not worth it

You're shocked random people don't know about this Japanese company that doesn't even have English commentary isn't massively followed around the world? Okay, sure.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
What's more embarrassing then wrestling shirts? Satanic shirts. Combine the two and wear in public to become the Ultimate Pariah.

Woman: why are you wearing a satanic shirt? Are you into the occult or something?

You: No, No, No. It's a wrestling joke. They say Daniel Bryan looks like a goat and...

Woman: *lost interest and stopped paying attention*
I wear wrestling shirts and my game hasn't suffered for it.

Apparently every match planned for Mania that isn't Bray/Cena is no longer considered official or guaranteed after the Creative meetings Thursday and Friday, and "anything is possible." Also Vince is personally handling the Punk situation, and officials are pissed that the story got out to the public. That's all per PWInsider Elite, which I'm not sure if they're regarded highly around here.

Aiii

So not worth it
Apparently every match planned for Mania that isn't Bray/Cena is no longer considered official or guaranteed after the Creative meetings Thursday and Friday, and "anything is possible." Also Vince is personally handling the Punk situation, and officials are pissed that the story got out to the public. That's all per PWInsider Elite, which I'm not sure if they're regarded highly around here.

PWI and F4W are pretty much the only places you can believe as far as rumors go, and even then it's debatable. Torch is okay I guess, though hardly ever breaks news. WrestleZone is bullshit added to legit news from F4W and PWI and SEScoops on occassion has an exclusive that proves to be correct. All the rest is just copy/paste bs and live reports from people at events.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Kevin Garnett showing up at WM confirmed.

Definitely check out his IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title defence against Gedo;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11unrj

It's at Korakuen Hall, where the crowd always loves to see an underdog, so they're firmly behind Gedo in this one (even though he's more of a manager in recent years). Probably my favourite Devitt match of 2013.

Also, the Devitt vs Low Ki vs Ibushi match from Wrestle Kingdom 7 was great fun, well worth a watch;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwASBS424M

Thanks Bootaaay!!! Much obliged

I was worried I wouldn't enjoy because I wouldn't understand what the commentary was saying but the way they emote I pretty much followed and was better than hearing Michael Cole scream "OHHH MYYY!" or annoyingly stress his enunciation during his offtopic banter when a big move happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom