• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why Bray/Cena is the only match off-limits.

If I were being optimistic I would say that they already have something in mind in terms of a major gimmick spot to be used to sustain Bray. Putting Cena in with him makes it more important and reusable. After all, Wrestlemania is about creating ``moments``

Ok time for the fantasy booking minute.

You have HHH vs Bryan at Mania for the title shot later that night as a Triple Threat Match. This pisses off Orton over the edge and then after the ref takes a bump, Orton comes in and tries to hit Bryan with the belt but accidentally hits HHH with it then Bryan wins with his patented Mr. Small Package. (EDIT: He should just pin him. The ref would do slow count because this would lead to a DQ.)

Come the Triple Threat Match (which comes last.) All three put on a clinic, and as Bryan is setting up a Yes knee, HHH comes in with a sledgehammer to hit both Orton and Bryan and tells Batista to pin them and reluctantly does try to pin and before he can do anything, CM Punk's music hits and takes out both Dave and HHH. Orton then sets up an RKO, bryan counters with the Yes Lock, goes on for 3 minutes, taps out, everyone's happy.

Basically Backlash 2000. Was always irritated as fuck that they didn't do that at Mania that year. Puts things in perspective that this company was never really big geniuses even at the time.

Hate it if you like, but really just putting it out there.

zychi

Banned
This is what I want from ec going to mania.

Title match in ec, orton, bootista, Brock, punk, db, and whoever else you want.

Brock starts the match, he's been destroying random matches on raw up to the ppv, he destroys everyone from the get go, punk is the last one out of the chamber, before he gets out, taker comes through the ring, and takes out Brock. Punk wins the title as taker looks on.

Brock v taker is setup
Punk as champ v Bryan
Cena v bray
Shield 3 way match for us title
Big tag match, nao, usos, Wyatts whoever else
Kane v bootista(w hhh in corner)
Aj v summer Rae

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
paFdqK7.gif

Basically, the only real issue I see them having is getting Bryan into the title match after Batista won the Rumble, and not having Batista in it.

The only thing I can think of is to have Batista put the Rumble shot up at a random RAW out of hubris and lose, but that's about it. Or a triple threat.

I'd probably bank on Bryan/HHH with Bryan's career on the line vs him getting a title shot at Extreme Rules, or something.

And if I had to guess, Cena/Wyatt is off limits because it's self contained, doesn't need to be shuffled, keeps Cena out of the title picture, and is supposed to make Bray

Toki767

Bryan just needs to work twice at Mania. They already mentioned on Raw how HHH and Stephanie aren't opposed to having Bryan wrestle more than once in a night. That could tie in nicely to Bryan being put in the title match at Mania if he beats HHH beforehand.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bryan just needs to work twice at Mania. They already mentioned on Raw how HHH and Stephanie aren't opposed to having Bryan wrestle more than once in a night. That could tie in nicely to Bryan being put in the title match at Mania if he beats HHH beforehand.

Bryan vs HBK to start the show.

Bryan vs Taker to end the show.

Give the people what they want!

gurudyne

I like to think this is Orton parodying himself - even when he puts on the STF, it's a resthold.

Looks like less of a rest hold than Cena's STF. At least some force is being applied and Orton's not just lying there, holding his hands together ineffectually over another person's face while looking bored.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bryan should just wrestle every match at mania

Sounds good to me.

Bryan vs HBK, Bryan vs Taker, Bryan vs the Wyatts (all 3), Bryan vs the Shield (all 3) and finally Bryan vs HHH which is just HHH burying the remains of his corpse for a good 5 minutes and the show goes off the air.

DMczaf

Sounds good to me.

Bryan vs HBK, Bryan vs Taker, Bryan vs the Wyatts (all 3), Bryan vs the Shield (all 3) and finally Bryan vs HHH which is just HHH burying the remains of his corpse for a good 5 minutes and the show goes off the air.

It's funny (and sad) that because they've been so unfocused with Bryan for the last 6 months, Bryan has enough matches that make storyline sense to book an entire WM around him.

G,

The group that was on top of the bam bam big costume looking Guy is a bunch of guys acting kinda like nexxus. Also G it's NWA Hollywood but the name changed

Penguin

Basically, the only real issue I see them having is getting Bryan into the title match after Batista won the Rumble, and not having Batista in it.

The only thing I can think of is to have Batista put the Rumble shot up at a random RAW out of hubris and lose, but that's about it. Or a triple threat.

I'd probably bank on Bryan/HHH with Bryan's career on the line vs him getting a title shot at Extreme Rules, or something.

And if I had to guess, Cena/Wyatt is off limits because it's self contained, doesn't need to be shuffled, keeps Cena out of the title picture, and is supposed to make Bray

They have time and would be cheating

But have Orton come out on Monday complaining about having to defend his title at EC and Batista gets the night off

Authority books a 2nd EC where Batista's number one contendership is put on line. Could put Brock, Del Rio and Bryan in there.

Have him work double-duty, maybe tease him winning the belt and being the contender for his own title.

Not sure if posted, but here's a video interview with Seth Rollins;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywSD_b33KJM

Couple of notes from today's New Japan show, courtesy of Yottsume;

. Tanahashi criticised Goto for teaming with Shibata and said he won't tag with Goto any more, as Tanahashi's still being a bitch over the fact that Shibata quit to do MMA. Potential Goto & Shibata vs Tanahashi feud?
. Honma vowed to continue his 'Takashi Iizuka Reform Project' and wants to return Iizuka to his former self in 2014.
. Taguchi said he only lost today because his dick is so big (Devitt doublestomped him in the nuts to win the match).

I like the sound of Shibata & Goto feuding with Tanahashi and a tag partner (as long as that partner's not Captain New Japan).

The show's on youtube already;

NJPW - Road to New Beginning - 2014.02.02

gurudyne

Have him work double-duty, maybe tease him winning the belt and being the contender for his own title.

The ultimate "screw you" to the fans--Daniel Bryan, alone in the ring, wrestling himself for forty minutes to close WMXXX. WWE dies shortly thereafter, Vince goes insane and TNA's ratings skyrocket to 1.3 for the rest of the year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The fan base is acting retarded about the Punk thing. This is going to harm the Bryan movement, mark my words.

Not even sure how that works unless Vince tells him to go out there and shit talk Punk for a good 5 minutes.

And even then I think the fans would still cheer for Bryan.

Xater

Also, I doubt that Punk will have top billing in WWE again if he comes back.

He wanted to know why WWE didn't give him a bug push? Well here it is. They didn't trust him. They spent a lot of money on Punk. The licensed entrance song, the 400 day reign...the feuds with top stars: Undertaker, Cena, Lesnar, Rock. They put a lot of faith in him. And he walked out.

It makes punk look really bad and unreliable.

Because it will divide people rather than being 100% behind Bryan.

Punk is well known to be a moody guy and the contract situation was still not cleared up. I can see why you wouldn't give him the big push and his WM moment.

RAW is going to be hella interesting this week.

I guess they are still hoping Punk comes back before mania and more importantly RAW in Chicago in March but I dont even know what you do with that guy now.

Limit

He wanted to know why WWE didn't give him a bug push? Well here it is. They didn't trust him. They spent a lot of money on Punk. The licensed entrance song, the 400 day reign...the feuds with top stars: Undertaker, Cena, Lesnar, Rock. They put a lot of faith in him. And he walked out.

What? That's just silly.

And Punk will have a top billing again if he ever comes back and raised his marketability via outside ventures, ala Lesnar.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
RAW is going to be hella interesting this week.

I guess they are still hoping Punk comes back before mania and more importantly RAW in Chicago in March but I dont even know what you do with that guy now.

They also have a guy named Daniel Bryan that they don't know what to do with.

Clearly the solution is to just make them fight each other.

Couple of notes from today's New Japan show, courtesy of Yottsume;

. Tanahashi criticised Goto for teaming with Shibata and said he won't tag with Goto any more, as Tanahashi's still being a bitch over the fact that Shibata quit to do MMA. Potential Goto & Shibata vs Tanahashi feud?
. Honma vowed to continue his 'Takashi Iizuka Reform Project' and wants to return Iizuka to his former self in 2014.
. Taguchi said he only lost today because his dick is so big (Devitt doublestomped him in the nuts to win the match).

I like the sound of Shibata & Goto feuding with Tanahashi and a tag partner (as long as that partner's not Captain New Japan).

Wait...so Tanahashi is being a bitch about stuff? BIG SURPRISE :p

He really is Cena! and Shibata is Rock! And in this case, Tanahashi doing Sasuke is like Cena doing Psych!

Iizuka's former self? The fuck? HONMA YOU'RE NOT KIM KAPHWAN :p

...And goddamnit Taguchi. You really did get fucked over didn't you

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tanahashi should be glad Shibata left.
Shibata was groomed to be the number one guy when he left. Tanahashi would have gotten pre-crazy Nakamura's spot ie guy who wrestles and just gets the title when number one guy doens't want it.

Tanahashi's just mad Shibata is handsome as fuck and Tanahashi looks like somebody's grandma who works out and tans too much
tumblr_mqyhidQfaX1qhjbxeo10_250.gif

chunk3rvd

Regarding earlier suggestions of WWE suing Punk for breach of contract - would they even want to go down that avenue? Surely it would just push the "independent contractor" issue into the courts and open a discussion they really don't want to have?

Seriously? Many top guys have walked out before and were brought back to main event status. Hell, Austin walked out twice in four months, did that make him look bad and unreliable?

I want them to convince Punk to come back only to run a legit New Orleans Screwjob on him AND have Bryan win the title at Mania (MITB match to open with a cash in after the screwjob to close). It would be glorious.

Linkified

Actually a better way would be have Bryan in two matches in WM30 to get across him as the guy overcoming the Authorities rule:

Bryan vs HHH, in a stipulation where if Bryan wins he gets added to Main Event to make it a triple threat match. If HHH wins Bryan is fired. Have Bryan win with the running knee, it should really be called the "Dragon's Bite"

Have the spot in the Main Event like from WM20 where Chris Benoit has HHH in the Crossface spot, have Bryan win the match clean from tapout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom