• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question guys; What can the WWE do for the Raw in Chicago if Punk is not back by then?

I just see chaos for that Raw

they also have Payback in June. Punk has all the leverage in the world. I would think he's back by that Raw show, but who knows. It will be hilarious to watch the crowd drown every segment/match at that Raw show though

Vince, look closely as his soul goes and then comes back:

fffcc48jys.gif

Hey guys, need help finding something...

I remember in the build up to WrestleMania 23, McMahon cut a hilarious promo on Trump - something like "I'm gonna strap him in that chair... and he's gonna be so embarrassed." Hilarious, but I can't find video of it anywhere.

I watched McMahon's Raw promo where Stone Cold's announced as ref. I watched the Raw contract signing. And I watched the WrestleMania 23 press conference.

Couldn't find it. It's a really long, ranting promo where McMahon goes on and on like a child. It's hilarious.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hmm, might be from a Raw 03.19.07 where McMahon shaves Eugene's head - but I can't find a proper video...

strobogo

Banned
That's ridiculous. For the shit that Dana does act like a completely unprofessional asshole over, dudes playing to fans instead of getting out subs or playing to the fans instead of trying to lock on a RNC while your opponent is playing with his hair doesn't get him riled up? Those two gifs are embarrassing and I don't even watch fights anymore.

you talking about the other gif? oh, Thomson had no chance of locking on a decent RNC, was in a bad position to close it out. Benson knew it that's why he took time to take the hair out of his face.

That's ridiculous. For the shit that Dana does act like a completely unprofessional asshole over, dudes playing to fans instead of getting out subs or playing to the fans instead of trying to lock on a RNC while your opponent is playing with his hair doesn't get him riled up? Those two gifs are embarrassing and I don't even watch fights anymore.

The last gif I'll give a pass on because the guy trying for the leglock was gassed as shit by that point and couldn't really do much by then even from that position, plus the fight was near end so might as well show off that you lasted the distance.

G-Fex

I don't know, it seems pretty damn 'What a terrible night to have a curse' in here at the moment.

Spin, what's with the avatar?

Also, check out his match from Wrestle Kingdom 8 a few weeks ago;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkmRaTIQBQ

This is literally the first and only NJPW and first and only Devitt match I've seen and I have to say after suffering through the past 3 months of atrocious WWE matches this was easily one of the best matches I've seen since the Cesaro/Zayn 2 out of 3 falls match

I'm loving the entrance spectacle there is so much hype for the guys coming down the ramp (as opposed to silence or boos for most of the WWE roster right now)

The match itself was good too with Devitt actually being able to wrestle in addition to his chickenshit heel tactics (as opposed to either a dq or a straight burial by a superface ala WWE)

The refs are portrayed as hilariously inept but it's better than them stopping the match and reviewing an illegal move on a ringside tv (never forget when WWE totally ruined the dusty finish when they did this)

My only complaint is I'd like to see Devitt win so any other quality matches you can post that are this good with him winning id be grateful as I've been ready to stop watching WWE (aside from selective matches) for a while and just watch some talent work. I liked NXT for this but its slowly going downhill with random awful Kofi/Miz/Natty appearances and Rusev/Mojo/Ascension oversaturation

Carnby

kR7cpKV.jpg

cjSNUnm.jpg

I just discovered these on a pretty good shirt website (Wyatt shirt here, Bryan shirt here). Why did it take random designers to make shirts like these when the company who employs the people said shirts are promoting can't even make merch close to that decent?

What's more embarrassing then wrestling shirts? Satanic shirts. Combine the two and wear in public to become the Ultimate Pariah.

Woman: why are you wearing a satanic shirt? Are you into the occult or something?

You: No, No, No. It's a wrestling joke. They say Daniel Bryan looks like a goat and...

Woman: *lost interest and stopped paying attention*

I'm going to make a post that may very well be divisive:

Extreme wrestling sucks.

I watched the Mick Foley doc today and I feel like those extremes were unnecessary and terrible. None of the docu talks about his wrestling ability or anything, it's mostly just showing what kind of bumps he did. They actually made me feel scared/repulsed by Mick, his peers, and the entire business during that time period. Getting yourself over is fine, but when it's getting body slammed on top of barbed wire, I think a line should be drawn, I think being edgy and making matches feel real is great, as exemplified by Dean Ambrose vs Regal - but when it comes to that carny redneck extreme wrasslin, I just immediately tune out.

I don't expect to check out the ECW backlog on the WWE Network because of it. I have no interest in that shit. Extreme wrestling was garbage.

I agree for the most part. Though there are times when I like to see a wrestler taken out of his element. Seeing Edge vs Mick, Randy Orton vs Mick, Rey Mysterio vs Sabu.

Those are a few of the times when I've enjoyed it. Well Taker vs Mankind at KotR 98 was the first time I'd ever seen some shit like that, so it was also enjoyable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish Del Rio was booked better. The more I watch and don't just purposely go 'meh' the more I think about how much he has going for him.

gurudyne

I wish Del Rio was booked better. The more I watch and don't just purposely go 'meh' the more I think about how much he has going for him.

I agree. And it's amazing how, for someone they seem so damned diehard on pushing, they can't come up with something better than "He's really Mexican". For as much TV time and PPV spotlight as he gets, you'd think they'd sit down with him and hammer out something more workable.

Pizoxuat

When I first got into wrestling, extreme wrestling and Foley in particular were a big part of why I got interested. Now I don't want to see any of it at all. Gimme comedy skits and a bigger measure of safety, I don't want to see people bleed anymore.

Booked better? They had him win the Rumble, had numerous title matches, and several title runs. Many have done more with much worse booking. ADR just can't get a reaction to save his life, Latino No Heat is a fitting nickname

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Booked better? They had him win the Rumble, had numerous title matches, and several title runs. Many have done more with much worse booking. ADR just can't get a reaction to save his life, Latino No Heat is a fitting nickname

You can win all the titles and still be booked poorly. No storylines, being buried by Cena, no real rivalries. He also didn't win any major titles for a long time before finally winning it due to Christian being a Rey Mysterio and getting a pity run from Edge retiring.

Kyoufu

Del Rio's only good feud was with Rey Mysterio IMO.

Since then he has been buried by everyone. Edge, Christian, Miz, Punk, Cena... the list goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom