• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
pretty much the only reason I'm looking forward to the Network is that we'll have WCW and Memphis gifs in high quality now

Not Memphis. WWE doesn't own the rights to Memphis footage. The only Memphis stuff WWE owns is AWA related matches that happened there. So high quality Bock vs King is a possibility, but not much else.

Obviously the Benoit tribute show won't ever be put up (I have my doubts about the Owen and Eddie shows as well), but I wonder if Benoit's DVD will be up. They did say all their home video releases would be available. And fuck, I really really hope Colosseum Home Video movies are included in that.

Why don't you just go ahead and book him to murder Brie and their dog while you're at it.

Reminds me of when Matt Hardy tried maiming Jeff on numerous occasions with the likes of pyro and working in a real life misfortune where Matt was the one who burned down Jeff's house killing his dog.
Still didn't get much heat all things considered, what a hilariously silly feud that was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm today's man in a classic can
todayswgaxu.gif

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Yeah, I reckon there's a good chance that benoit episode won't make it on the network. Along with the Benoit documentary. And if they do, they'll probably have a warning pop up.

I'm sure Over the Edge 1999 won't be on. That wasn't even released on video.

Nameless

Why didn't the WWE ever do Halftime Heat again? I thought it was a clever idea. Beats the shit out of the actual SB halftime show.

Gaming side is full of stupid fucking questions lol

Why isn't the Wii U selling?
Why do developers make sequels?
Why does Mario wear red? Is Luigi REALLY his brother?
Why does a game price drop?
Why isn't Mario on Sony platforms?

G-Fex

Gaming side is full of stupid fucking questions lol

Why isn't the Wii U selling?
Why do developers make sequels?
Why does Mario wear red? Is Luigi REALLY his brother?
Why does a game price drop?
Why isn't Mario on Sony platforms?

I love the hypothetical threads.

Lets say you were in charge of nintendo
What if they asked you to make 3 sequels right now
What if the Xbox failed and Nintendo was on top?

Showaddy

If I were being optimistic I would say that they already have something in mind in terms of a major gimmick spot to be used to sustain Bray. Putting Cena in with him makes it more important and reusable. After all, Wrestlemania is about creating ``moments``

If I were being optimistic as well I'd say that the fact that if it's the only match left that is an absolute lock they must want to put Wyatt over. It just seems unusual that they'd go to these lengths to feed Cena someone who's been on the roster for less than a year.

Edit: As I said though extremely optimistic.

gurudyne

Put an eye patch on him. New Big Boss gimmick.

Ways to refresh Cena:

Set aside a DVD that shows a never-before-seen PPV where Thuganomics Cena and his heretofore unseen mentor had to put on a show behind enemy lines for the underprivileged WWE Universe. Things go awry and Cena's left legit shook. After a convoluted plot involving the nature of loyalty and patriotism where
the mentor gives their life to preserve the peace between Raw and Smackdown audiences
, Cena forsakes his thuggish ways to become the stoic man we've known these past several years. In making the transition, he also takes his mentor's old catchphrase as his own: Hustle & Respect. He adds Loyalty himself in a post-credits phone call.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Honestly, I'm very happy with the chants and it's about time the fans mobilized against the product. It's been shit for the better part of every year for a decade now and the fact that it used to be played off as a "smark internet fan" problem and not an issue for most of the audience was infuriating enough. Now that entire crowds turn on the product that is a great thing.

However, do I think WWE deserves to be shit on for CM Punk walking out? I'm kinda split on that to be honest. Now I understand where Punk comes from and his frustration building to this point. But to pick up and leave instead of just walking out at the end of his contract or give at least a two week notice so they could write him off? In the end it's his decision and I'm sure it's the best thing for him to do if he's burned out. But the guy wasn't exactly treated like dog shit by WWE either. He was a big part of their show, and while he might not have been champion, they did give him the longest title run. They gave him a Taker match. He was a top guy. I understand that Cena will always be THE guy, but it's not like Punk was treated as Ziggler, or even as Bryan.

Him leaving is a selfish thing to do, there's people on Monday that don't deserve their work being shat on and that will be drowned out by Punk chants, that's a shame for them. Also, Bryan was the focal point of the crowd turning on WWE and now Punk is stealing some of that thunder too, though I'm hopeful it won't be too much.

And contrary to Bryan, where chanting for him will force WWE's hand, there's nothing to gain from chanting CM Punk. HE LEFT, WWE can't do anything about it, it wasn't their choice for Punk to leave. He's gone and now they have to issue refunds and change VIP Axxess tickets and take Miz off of appearances on TV shows because Punk is there and no matter how loud the crowd gets, no magic will get Punk back on TV.

So while you can blame WWE somewhat for getting to this point, Punk was getting a high profile match at Mania in their main angle (Authority) and had the #1 RR spot. Sure, he was in a holding pattern and burned out from travelling, but he was hardly being held down by the machine as is the case with many other guys.
I think we have to be careful not to project our own frustrations with creative onto Punk. As it has been pointed out, Punk's problem is MAINLY money. While he has issues with the creative direction, his main issue is the slot on the card, because that will determine his PPV bonus, and with that dwindling due to the network, he likely felt that a lower card match wouldn't pay him enough to endure all that he's enduring. In fact, I bet that if they told him that his match with HHH would main event WM, he would not have walked away, even if nothing else about the creative direction changed.

How long before Jarrett books himself as champion of his new promotion? I'm guessing he'll win the belt in a one night tournament on the very first show.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think we have to be careful not to project our own frustrations with creative onto Punk. As it has been pointed out, Punk's problem is MAINLY money. While he has issues with the creative direction, his main issue is the slot on the card, because that will determine his PPV bonus, and with that dwindling due to the network, he likely felt that a lower card match wouldn't pay him enough to endure all that he's enduring. In fact, I bet that if they told him that his match with HHH would main event WM, he would not have walked away, even if nothing else about the creative direction changed.

I don't think it's about money at all. Punk doesn't spend alot of his money, he has a touring bus and that's about it. He probably got an amazing deal three years ago and has been selling tons of merchandising since (and because he does, he gets a bigger payoff for his merchandising too). He doesn't buy expensive cars, he doesn't party all day and night and he's not supporting a drug addiction or paying off four ex-wives. Hell, if money was an issue he definitely wouldn't have walked off in the highest paying period of the year, he would've left afterwards.

His issues are that he's burned out, beaten up and that he feels the creative team is not utilizing him properly, which is a valid complaint because he's been directionless since his feud with Heyman ended (and they continued that feud a good 2 or 3 months beyond it's natural end too).

strobogo

Banned
I would hope Jeff would do more of a face GM kind of role considering he's 46 and hasn't wrestled full time in years. Then again, he'd likely be the most well known guy on the roster. So I see AJ winning the title in a one night tournament and Jeff swooping in with his MITB guitar case to cash in and steal the belt.

Just watching NXT

Not sure if she's wrestled recently but Charlotte is the most awkward person I've seen in a long time she just seems so out of place

strobogo

Banned
Just watching NXT

Not sure if she's wrestled recently but Charlotte is the most awkward person I've seen in a long time she just seems so out of place

You should watch her debut where she did her super sexy entrance (which was the opposite of super sexy) right in front of Ric. Unbelievably awkward.

iblz1KaqCDfdy3.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Christian has the love of his peeps AND THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS!

I was so happy when his theme hit on Smackdown. Christian is great!

He's literally one of very few people that can get an entertaining match out of Randy Orton, that's how great he is.

Christian is ass. one of the guys i legit think is useless.

there are better jobbers, there are better midcarders, better faces, better heels, etc.

no use, cut him, Dana.

Aiii

So not worth it
Its hilarious to think of Vince flying to Chicago to talk to Punk. Its hilarious to think of Vince interacting with anybody

Really? I always imagined Vince as being very approachable as a boss, given how big that company is I've always figured he's the kind of boss you can knock on his door, drop by and have his ear (if he has time of course) for whatever.

I can imagine if Punk can air his grievances and Vince can talk him down and give him some time off, he can get him back and they can even turn this story into a worked shoot.

KissVibes

Banned
Batista said:
Then there are some guys, like Christian, who are dying for that chance and aren’t being given that opportunity. I’m a huge fan of Christian. I enjoy every aspect of his work, the fans love and appreciate him, he has a great attitude, awesome work ethic, is always in shape and is very smart about the business. I feel very strongly that he’s underutilized.

Chris Jericho said:
Christian is a great talent/mind. Don’t know how he’s going to be utilized. It would have to be good to maximize his skills. Great guy.

Alberto Del Rio interviewed by Tercera Caida said:
He said Vince McMahon praised his match with Christian at Summerslam and said that Vince said they stole the show. He also said Christian is really underrated and a better wrestler than many in the company, and he is one of his favorite wrestlers to work with.

Randy Orton said:
I have had so many great opponents in WWE, from Triple H, to Mick Foley, to John Cena, to The Undertaker, but I would say that my favorite opponent to compete against is Christian.

Dean Ambrose said:
Christian is just so unbelievably good. I mean, I always knew Christian was really good. Working with Christian, he’s been here for so long and has so much experience, you realize his brain is a super-evolved version of my brain [with] the way he sees matches play out, the way he comes up with things, especially in tag matches and stuff like that. Christian’s a guy who I’ve only had a small sampling of working with. Christian’s a guy I want to spend a lot more time in the ring with.

CHRISTIAN IS YOUR FAVORITE WWE SUPERSTARS FAVORITE WWE SUPERSTAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom