• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please leave Batista as face. These boos are glorious. This has been the first time in years that I am very entertained by WWE solely based on how the crowd is shitting on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please leave Batista as face. These boos are glorious. This has been the first time in years that I am very entertained by WWE solely based on how the crowd is shitting on it.

You need to stop working at cross purposes! I want Dave's heel! HEEL!

STOOP THAT LOW
DUCT TAPE?

Man, I miss Brotista.

Striker

If I wasn't pushed ahead of inferior colleagues because they were the bosses pet project I'd fucking blow a lid at some point too I'm sure..
Same reason Dolph Ziggler was under fire and began jobbing for months on end. You have a ton of guys who should be higher on the card or at the very least getting the rub from him, but no, instead, he gets main event opportunity and title shot/reign after another despite the constant attitude and wellness violation problems he's had. You know who I'm talking about. They push who they want to, no matter how well you perform, no matter how well you get over (on your own at that), no matter what, they'll do what they see fit. In Dolph's case, he just made a jab about him and the office didn't like it, not walk out on the company prior to Wrestlemania.

Batista + Cena were leading the company in the worst drawing period since the New Generation and Batista has already worn out his big return appeal by reminding everyone how awful he is.

Verendus

Banned
What's worse is when they push Rock and Batista over Punk. And Punk loses to Rock and he randomly gets drafted to face Taker.
I don't understand how any superstar would complain with back to back opponents like this. Being able to work with The Rock of all people when he's probably only going to have a couple matches with only big names, and then Undertaker at Wrestlemania in what is usually one of the biggest matches over the past few years. You'd genuinely have to be a dick to bitch about that.

He needs to go heel. I'm sure he's going to be heel eventually with the Triple H hints, but WWE need to capitalise on this and turn him heel by beating the shit out Bryan before Wrestlemania. It would be absolutely incredible. There are no top heels in WWE. Orton is boring and he's never been that big of a star. Cena is face for life. They have, accidentally, gave themselves the opportunity to create a hotter match for Wrestlemania than they ever had before. Bryan should just win the title at EC, and Batista should kill him the next night on Raw.

Kaladin

You know what is frustrating? Looking for a new camera that is good for low light situations in the $500 - $650 range.

So far I have settled on the Sony Alpha a5000 which is a newer model....but it's hard narrowing down so many choices.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand how any superstar would complain with back to back opponents like this. Being able to work with The Rock of all people when he's probably only going to have a couple matches with only big names, and then Undertaker at Wrestlemania in what is usually one of the biggest matches over the past few years. You'd genuinely have to be a dick to bitch about that.

On top of that, working with a big draw like that is MONEY. You're making money. You're elevated.

That's fucking money, goddammit.

tumblr_n0f8zjO2v91rkxaj4o1_1280.jpg

Verendus

Banned
On top of that, working with a big draw like that is MONEY. You're making money. You're elevated.

That's fucking money, goddammit.
It doesn't make sense to me. Yeah, you could main event at Wrestlemania with some no-names like basically every superstar in the WWE today, or you could work with the fucking Rock in what is guaranteed to be a big time program regardless of what PPV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, next time just rig the goddamn Avatar Rumble!

I wish I could. We'd all have Vince avatars and it would be the Winter of Vince.

Hell if Vince won I'd allow the McMahon of your choice!

Kaladin

God damn, I desperately hope Jeff doesn't understand the irony of using that song for his new project.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

We won't get fooled again. Don't get fooled again.

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me

03.jpg

Kaladin

Next year, I'm entering Vince Russo into the avatar rumble, and he'll win the whole thing.

We were so close to Triple H avatars.....if only Sunny had used the right H.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Next year, I'm entering Vince Russo into the avatar rumble, and he'll win the whole thing.

What? Modern Triple H wasn't the one? I should have used Hanter Hearst Helmsley?

The Zandig CAW was all wrong. He didn't once hulk up, flip anyone off or do some totally unsafe, reckless powerbomb through a table. I think it's safe to say that if it were a real Rumble with the same participants, The UltraViolent Icon and his Gut of Power would have been easy victors.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Zandig CAW was all wrong. He didn't once hulk up, flip anyone off or do some totally unsafe, reckless powerbomb through a table. I think it's safe to say that if it were a real Rumble with the same participants, The UltraViolent Icon and his Gut of Power would have been easy victors.

I did respect that this was Zandig with less hair this year, but...putting Rumble rules on Zandig is kind of like neutering a McMahon.

Limit

I don't know where you heard about punk bitching about those those programs but even if he did, why is it dickish? Its natural for number 2 guy in the company to strive for being number 1. No one else is going to file a complaint about any wrestler's position in the company. As an independent contract worker you yourself are the only one who truly has your back. This is the type of environment WWE has cultivated in their locker room.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, next Avatar Rumble will be fucking bananas since I'm ok with having 2 of them and then having a 1 on 1 match to determine the winner. More entries, more insanity.

Hasney

After next years game comes out, work to make the best looking Russo CAW out there that gets downloaded multiple times and reviewed highly... With max attributes.

Then Sunny will pick yours and he has a better chance of winning. Good times.

Kaladin

Well, next Avatar Rumble will be fucking bananas since I'm ok with having 2 of them and then having a 1 on 1 match to determine the winner. More entries, more insanity.

That will be more fair, but I don't think you'll get 60 unique entries.

Maybe 40 and split them into a 20 man Rumble

Avatar Rumble World War III Style.

Sephzilla

What's worse is when they push Rock and Batista over Punk. And Punk loses to Rock and he randomly gets drafted to face Taker.

I was okay with the Rock push given that Rock was one-half of the biggest thing in pro-wrestling for a good long ass time. Batista in comparison to the Rock is a flash in the pan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was okay with the Rock push given that Rock was one-half of the biggest thing in pro-wrestling for a good long ass time. Batista in comparison to the Rock is a flash in the pan.

Wrong Side of Town ring any bells? It should! Masterpiece.

Let's be honest, Scorpion King fucking sucked. It took some time.

strobogo

Banned
Was Batista even a draw in his heyday? I mean, he was really over in 2005/2006, but did he actually draw buy rates and TV ratings?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was Batista even a draw in his heyday? I mean, he was really over in 2005/2006, but did he actually draw buy rates and TV ratings?

Not at that point I wouldn't say he was. It's not until people leave and then come back that you can be a draw, or be John Cena or Hug Hogen.

That's ok though, there's tons of fantastic people who are probably not draws. Ted DiBiase. Sgt Slaughter. Rick Martel. I doubt their presence on a PPV ever swayed someone, but at the same time, they're a part of the ambiance I pay for.

strobogo

Banned
I'm just curious. When I think of "top WWE stars" Batista isn't even on the top 10 despite being one of the bigger stars of the past decade.

UberTag

I'm confused. Is the Archibald Peck era already over?
I see a bunch of people already switching back to their main avatars.
I thought we were keeping this up for an entire month - not just a little over a week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused. Is the Archibald Peck era already over?
I see a bunch of people already switching back to their main avatars.
I thought we were keeping this up for an entire month - not just a little over a week.

Oh? Who's switching back, cos that shit ain't right.

strobogo

Banned
Can we stop talking about Miz unless it is about him getting punked out or putting himself in a headlock? Can we also talk how AWFUL the SOS has looked lately? It has less impact than a sunset flip. Kofi isn't even trying with it. All he does is roll forward. There is nothing bringing the opponent down. At all. It's not even an impact move to begin with, it's just a flashy roll up.

UberTag

Oh? Who's switching back, cos that shit ain't right.
I might have jumped the gun somewhat. Just seems like a whole lot of people without Archie avatars posting right now.
The people who participated must all be too ashamed to post because they're getting drowned out by the non-team players who didn't participate in the first place.

Does Omaha, Nebraska have a good crowd usually? Those Midwestern cities seem like a bit of a mixed bag. At least it should be better than Cleveland.

strobogo

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8iJjPSnhNc

You know what the worst part about this video is? The Miz.

What a fucking tool. Why does Miz dance to his own theme like he's a rapper throwing down some hot lines? And why does his song have constant record scratching? And coming to play is fucking stupid. You don't come to play if you're trying to be serious.

Can someone put Enzo on the other corner of my avatar? And maybe add SAWFT SWERVE?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just a reminder: we were very close to having earthquake avatars...

God that would have been fun. But we'd have been so disappointed. I thought we were for sure gonna get Yoko avs due to his entry.

I might have jumped the gun somewhat. Just seems like a whole lot of people without Archie avatars posting right now.
The people who participated must all be too ashamed to post because they're getting drowned out by the non-team players who didn't participate in the first place.

Well some people didn't want to take the risk like Stro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom