• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Punk newz that's cracking me up

Many people within WWE are "not unhappy" that CM Punk walked out on the company last week, according to Dave Meltzer. Meltzer stated in a recent installment of Wrestling Observer Radio that there we a lot of negativity towards Punk from several people in WWE.

Meltzer also noted that the reason Vince McMahon wants Punk to stick around is because he feels there aren't many top WWE Superstars in the company right now. As for why Punk walked out, Meltzer said there may not be just one specific reason.

As reported earlier, Punk was not excited to face Triple H at this year's WrestleMania pay-per-view. With his contract expiring in July and people within the company not expecting him to re-sign, he likely knew the direction that the match would go in.

WWE officials are not happy at all about the story getting out and there being a big deal publicly. The hope was to keep it as an internal issue and deal with it within the company.

Everything about this Punk story is weird as fuck. Vince feels he's important because he's one of the few top WWE Superstars, yet they're ok with having him work a nothing match with Triple H where he's probably booked to lose because they feel he was leaving in July anyway.

They also feel he's not big enough to main event a WM, but are pissed that he's a big enough star to cause the WWE to get (negative) mainstream exposure over him walking away from the company.

I'm trying to think what kind of reaction would Randy Orton or Batista get if they walked away today.

jred2k

Snitchin' makes me feel good.

Razorskin
Speedy Blue Dude
Jeff Albertson
avengers23

boo-this-man.gif

Xater

Meltzer also noted that the reason Vince McMahon wants Punk to stick around is because he feels there aren't many top WWE Superstars in the company right now.

Well maybe you should be better at building up new stars instead of protecting the same 3 guys for years.

Everything about this Punk story is weird as fuck. Vince feels he's important because he's one of the few top WWE Superstars, yet they're ok with having him work a nothing match with Triple H where he's probably booked to lose because they feel he was leaving in July anyway.

They also feel he's not big enough to main event a WM, but are pissed that he's a big enough star to cause the WWE to get (negative) mainstream exposure over him walking away from the company.

I'm trying to think what kind of reaction would Randy Orton or Batista get if they walked away today.

They are pissed because Punk is leaving on his terms, Vince wants you to go out his way.

jmdajr

I done puked... at least I made it home.

I hope I feel better soon, I don't wan't to miss out on any burials tonight.

Edit: blueberries make your puke look pink!

You know, real name-wise, me and Zack are first-name bros. For a while I thought we were extra bro because our middle names were also the same but it turned out that was a mistake and his middle name is actually Brett.

Xater

Yeah I took care of both my wife n kid who had it, now my term.

I still have some left over anti puke meds from when I was getting blasted with radiation, so might as well use em.

Stomach flu sucks. It's the wort if you have the shits and have to puke at the same time.

lol, Justin Gabriel. At least JTG is noteworthy in being Still Employed!
Next year, I'm entering Vince Russo into the avatar rumble, and he'll win the whole thing.

We were so close to Triple H avatars.....if only Sunny had used the right H.
No excuses, Heath Slater eliminated HHH fair and square and he would've eliminated long-haired HHH too!
glorious. almost makes me want to see him wrestle.

almost

Nah, I can buy the buyrate (hurrrr) being part of bonuses.

If we take one of the worst buyrates of last year, Night of Champions at allegedly 175k buys and multiply that by the $45 they want they that's $7.9million revenue. At the network announcement, they said that WWE only sees 40% of that, so we're down to $3.15m. If even only 10% of that is reflected in their bonuses, then that's $315,000 shared between at most, 20 guys at Elimination Chamber with the top of the card getting a bigger cut, which Punk would be part of. You're probably looking at a low end 5 figure sum for one main event match I reckon.

Even if my figures are off in terms of percentages and it goes to 5% of the buys split between the card for bonuses, you could easily extrapolate that for Wrestlemania which will do over 1 million buys @ $60 a pop, which according to Jerichos Undisputed book netted him a 6 figure sum against Triple H. But if the Network eats some of those buys and they haven't explained what that does to bonuses, that could be a big deal. Maybe Punk was only planning to stick around until Wrestlemania if we wasn't main eventing it anyway, take the cash and run, but now doesn't know how much he would get so he's just going to force WWE's hand to tell him how much he's likely to earn.

I'm sure they get something. Just nothing to quit about. Why would Punk, one of the top paid wrestlers in the world cry over a PPV bonus check? Dude gets axxess money, merchandise money, and even if he's mid card on WM he's still a draw. He might not hit 6 figures but it wouldn't shock me if he would get 50k for just showing up.

I don't know Punk's state of mind. Maybe he was thinking of making checks and then be done for good. But to me it makes more sense they were going to give him a weak match at Mania and said fuck it. Leave the company with some dignity. If they're not going to use him the way he sees fit just leave. Which is selfish but in this day and age i understand it.

UberTag

Oh sorry, so anyone has any idea who it was?
I thought it was from Cena - not released independently but under direction by Vince and Trips. Others think it was Orton but I don't buy that he could put together a letter like that. Too many big words.
He also wouldn't be praising the Pittsburgh crowd after throwing a tantrum over them shitting on his match.

jred2k

I thought it was from Cena - not released independently but under direction by Vince and Trips. Others think it was Orton but I don't buy that he could put together a letter like that. Too many big words.

Yes, but the shit smeared all over the envelope was a dead giveaway.

Xater

Why are trading card games so popular in Japan?

Well looking at their video games and other stuff I always gathered that they just looooove collecting stuff. Also I think these card games have had a revival because they now have this digital element to them. I have seen a lot of arcade machines that were played by cads you collect.

Aiii

So not worth it
As long as you all remember to get on your knees and praise the Lord Himself for the great product WWE is putting out and you should enjoy His gift of the WWE Network.

I asked in this thread like 3 days ago asking for the winner so I can change my avatar. :p Everyone ignored me. :p I completely messed the Avatar rumble because of work and never round out the winner till now. :p

Kaladin

I'm calling it right now, Raw opens with CM Punk's music. Cole explains the controversy and JBL questions "What the hell is he doing here if he walked out?"

Pipebomb 2.0? 3.0? He'll cut a pipebomb promo that leads to Triple H vs CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan in one of the Mania main events.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're getting a HHH promo first thing tonight like you always do.

Pizoxuat

The worst thing about Trips going over Punk at Wrestlemania is that it means that The Authority would remain front and center for several more months. I want wrestlers to be front and center in storylines, with evil bosses maybe occasionally running interference and messing things up. I don't like the show when it's dominated by evil bosses and their evil plans.

I'm calling it right now, Raw opens with CM Punk's music. Cole explains the controversy and JBL questions "What the hell is he doing here if he walked out?"

Pipebomb 2.0? 3.0? He'll cut a pipebomb promo that leads to Triple H vs CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan in one of the Mania main events.

I think they wont mention it. They still think Punk might, maybe cool down and come back so its to early to go burning down that bridge. At most we get some vague comments in a promo from DB or HHH.

Unless Punk gets legit FE'd the earliest we hear about it on WWE TV is the Chicago show in March since they will basically have to by then.

Ether Punk returns that night and sets up his mania match or Triple H uses it to troll HBK in Montreal style.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

7472%20-%20The_JBL_And_Cole_Show%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20john_bradshaw_layfield%20laughing%20smiling%20tri.moon%20wwe.gif

The worst thing about Trips going over Punk at Wrestlemania is that it means that The Authority would remain front and center for several more months. I want wrestlers to be front and center in storylines, with evil bosses maybe occasionally running interference and messing things up. I don't like the show when it's dominated by evil bosses and their evil plans.

Seriously, they just jump from one authority figure to the next and it's getting really tiring. One authority figure angle gets wrapped up, another begins - even if they're not as intrinsically tied into the storyline as Mr. & Mrs. H's, it's still such an incredibly lazy prop they use to push their narratives forward.

The show either opens with a promo from an authority figure, or a superstar who is then interrupted by an authority figure, and matches are made, usually for the main event, which is kinda ridiculous because are we to believe that they start almost every episode of RAW with zero idea what the main event's going to be? H's just waits for a superstar or two to interrupt his boring-ass promo and says "there's our main event!"? Gotta be my most despised WWE trope, just ahead of "heels scheming backstage, yet are seemingly unperturbed by the fact that they're in full view of the cameras".

Rumours are Sting will be GM of RAW.

I guess they cant just pull Triple H versus Sting at WM for all the power out of their ass?

Pretty sure its imposable since no one knows who Sting is any more.

UberTag

What's worse about the Authority angle nonsense is that it's been imposed in place of actual feuds between wrestlers trying to show one another who's the better man. Instead of feuds because of animosity, we get matches because an authority figure dictated it to happen and the midcard just shuffles around aimlessly with 50-50 tradeoff finishes because the "Authority figure whom all of creative revolves around" has deemed them not worth their time.

kirblar

I guess they cant just pull Triple H versus Sting at WM for all the power out of their ass?

They know Sting needs to get in better shape before hitting the ring. It's a good way to get him on screen but give him time.

So what your saying is that WWE should steal the peek-a-boo cam from TNA?

Shit, wasn't that a WWF invention in the first place? I seem to remember camera crews trying to sneak into the heel's locker room, only to get chased out by the Brain or someone so they didn't broadcast their plans.

Ideally, they'd mostly keep the backstage stuff restricted to interview segments.

Transformer blew in my area. Power was out for over an hour. Temp in my house dropped 24 degrees. But worst of all, all my cookies were erased. I have to sign back into EVERYTHING.

tumblr_m2vaceZQPE1r0vaoyo1_400.gif

Source? I tried looking for this since I've seen the opening of Botchamania. Looks hilarious

Great DOA.

This is the absolute 100% wrong way to go. Make a guy GM of a company he has never had anything to do with. Sure makes sense in the modern business world..

WHATD'YA MEAN "WHAT HAPPENED"? WHAT'RE YOU, BLIND? JEEEEEZZZZZZZZUUUUUUSSSSSS!!! THERE WAS FIVE OF THEM! IT TOOK FIVE OF THEM! JUSTICE PAIN!!!!!! OHHHHRRRRRRGGGGG!? HATE CLUB? HO, I THOU...HATE CLUB'S DEAD! NICK GAGE, NATE HATRED - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? NOBODY DOES THIS TO THE ZANDIG! NOBODY DOES THIS TO THE WIFEBEATER! ZANDIG! WIFEBEATER! NICK MONDO! WE'RE THE MOST ULTRAVIOLENT FORCE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!! OHHHHHHH, OHHHHHHHH MAAAAAA!!!! YOU'RE...YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE, I GUARANTEE IT. I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!! *snarls*, "I'M OUTTA HERE!"

Another magical Zandig moment;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2fzSnv25fs

Also, the legendary Somebody Ran Over Zandig's Car series;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qg2gITDtYA&list=PLsM6jypM98Orp0sdlhKtH7tYoBlqZ1Xzp

And, lastly, a tribute to the UltraViolent Icon, the one, the only, John Fucking Zandig;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHGAi0ZzQY

Valentus

who is this sting guy and why is gonna go directly to RAW without passing through NXT first?

That's so desconsiderate for all those NXT talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom