• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Tall4Life

It'd make zero sense, Goldberg interfering in 2004 works because he's done after Mania so they couldn't make it a title match if they wanted to.

Lesnar is sticking around there is zero logic of him helping Owens, because a Goldberg win gives him a title shot.

you say this as if wwe's booking works under infallible logic

It'd make zero sense, Goldberg interfering in 2004 works because he's done after Mania so they couldn't make it a title match if they wanted to.

Lesnar is sticking around there is zero logic of him helping Owens, because a Goldberg win gives him a title shot.

Brock could be written to be petty enough to steal a crowning moment away from Goldberg's limited run here whereas he himself can reclaim anytime he wants. There's always a way.

I can't see Goldberg taking the belt without getting pinned at least once but we'll see.

My prediction is that Brock beats the living shit out of Goldberg at fastlame, nearly injuring him, so they can use said injury as a story to tell in the match. Goldberg will have to compete for the win. Here it can go one of two ways, he loses but wins it next night on Raw, or he still beats Brock.

I think he should still beat Brock on Mania.

Brock could be written to be petty enough to steal a crowning moment away from Goldberg's limited run here whereas he himself can reclaim anytime he wants. There's always a way.

I can't see Goldberg taking the belt without getting pinned at least once but we'll see.

My prediction is that Brock beats the living shit out of Goldberg at fastlame, nearly injuring him, so they can use said injury as a story to tell in the match. Goldberg will have to compete for the win. Here it can go one of two ways, he loses but wins it next night on Raw, or he still beats Brock.

I think he should still beat Brock on Mania.

100%

Adree

Fucking died at Nikki smashing into the desk from underneath. I give her and Nattie credit for a very creative and nasty looking bump.

Everybody sold it but John.

Adree

Last Observer Radio with Meltzer wondering why they have to have black people talking about Jackie Robinson is some real hilarious shit.

Adree

I'm almost afraid to ask what else Meltzer said.

Well he didn't seem to understand that none of them were speaking from experience and it was the "everyone recites a line of this piece" thing they do. He said "It was interesting that they had...every black wrestler commenting on Jackie Robinson including Alicia Fox and no white wrestlers did and I would just presume that there are white wrestlers who might know a lot more about baseball history" and compared it to when Miz would do segments on dvds and was clearly speaking prepared material. I don't think he was really being racist more like he only approached it from the perspective that if someone is talking about the history of something they should probably get some old white wrestlers who were around back then (or old black wrestlers.)

Well he didn't seem to understand that none of them were speaking from experience and it was the "everyone recites a line of this piece" thing they do. He said "It was interesting that they had...every black wrestler commenting on Jackie Robinson including Alicia Fox and no white wrestlers did and I would just presume that there are white wrestlers who might know a lot more about baseball history" and compared it to when Miz would do segments on dvds and was clearly speaking prepared material. I don't think he was really being racist more like he only approached it from the perspective that if someone is talking about the history of something they should probably get some old white wrestlers who were around back then (or old black wrestlers.)

He thinks black people don't know about baseball. That's ignorant as fuck.

Adree

I think he meant of the current roster/staff they had since it's mostly young wrestlers. Fuck I don't know, I'm not going to defend him. I think what really got him was they claimed Robinson was the only retired number forgetting about Gretzky.

Toki767

I think the point is more that you're celebrating Black History Month by talking about a famous black guy.

You don't necessarily need black people to talk about the guy especially if you know there are other people who probably know more about the guy.

Who knows if someone like Alicia Fox follows baseball or knew who Jackie Robinson was. You just don't want what she says to sound fake and I imagine to Meltzer, that's how it sounded.

Similar to how whenever HHH talks about how he grew up idolizing WWE guys like Bruno sounds fake because everyone knows he grew up idolizing guys like Harley Race and Ric Flair.

cordy

Banned

Wow

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
nia jax is definitely worse than eva maria

eva marie at least has a character. a gimmick no matter how ill-defined it is is. nia jax is........ tough? because?

Pikma

Banned
also wrong
How is Nia Jax better than Eva Marie or Liv Morgan? I mean, there's no point in arguing too much about this because I think we do agree that they are all really bad at anything related to wrestling, but yeah I think Nia is the worst of them all

Adree

I think the point is more that you're celebrating Black History Month by talking about a famous black guy.

You don't necessarily need black people to talk about the guy especially if you know there are other people who probably know more about the guy.

Who knows if someone like Alicia Fox follows baseball or knew who Jackie Robinson was. You just don't want what she says to sound fake and I imagine to Meltzer, that's how it sounded.

Similar to how whenever HHH talks about how he grew up idolizing WWE guys like Bruno sounds fake because everyone knows he grew up idolizing guys like Harley Race and Ric Flair.

Here's the history segment in question in case anyone is wondering how it was presented by WWE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdVKmS9hVA

It's pretty clear they are just reciting lines but it's not also clearly not staged to look like these people were giving interviews about the subject unless perhaps if you gather enough black wrestlers together they form a hive mind.

Adree

How is Nia Jax better than Eva Marie or Liv Morgan? I mean, there's no point in arguing too much about this because I think we do agree that they are all really bad at anything related to wrestling, but yeah I think Nia is the worst of them all

I've definitely seen Nia Jax in better matches than either, albeit carried in them. It doesn't matter anyway since she's booked as a monster so she's being taught not to sell anything and given no room to grow. Pretty much how they handled Braun until the end of year when he finally started catching on.

Nia has had the potential for good matches, she's had good ones with Bailey and Asuka.

I don't actually think Nia is that bad, I certainly don't get everyone thinking she's the worst ever

Oh, also Riddle vs Shibata is up on NJPW World now, if you don't want to sub to Rev Pro

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_37_01_07

Rimfya

Banned
nia jax is definitely worse than eva maria

eva marie at least has a character. a gimmick no matter how ill-defined it is is. nia jax is........ tough? because?

Because she's really big. You just can't say that though. Booked like Braun just without the same verbiage. Imagine her coming to the ring with Cole yelling about a "mountain among women" instead of "former plus size model".

This reeks of that classic "I'd get the most qualified candidate" argument. Like, holy shit. Let the black wrestlers talk about Robinson and have their moment instead of trying to concern troll.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
EC this sunday and Fastlane in 2 weeks right? At least I wont be bored at work :/

I was waiting for Alexa's "People like.... *looks her up and down* you don't get to be champion." but she just went with forgetting Naomi was even there lolol. She was just promo'ing on Becky, forgot who she was even feuding with because she's so insignificant. <3

8Ql58VA.gif

Hasney

Which is a shame, because last week, Naiomi was pretty damn good in the ring. Still not nailed her promo character yet though.

Well, I've just been future endeavored.

Territory taken a big hit.

You'll be fine, friend, even if it's hard to see right now. Keep your head, work the indies, and then you'll get noticed by your industry's Uncle Paul (all hail) or GabeS.

Oh, also Riddle vs Shibata is up on NJPW World now, if you don't want to sub to Rev Pro

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_37_01_07

I don't remember where I wrote this, but I do remember thinking that I hope Riddle vs. Shibata shows Sapolsky the type of grapplefuck and violence I want from Cobb vs. Riddle.

shanafan

So.. were the Ascension a wrecking force in NXT? Were they comparable to the Authors of Pain?

Shocked they won the match last night being how much of a jobber team they are.

So.. were the Ascension a wrecking force in NXT? Were they comparable to the Authors of Pain?

Shocked they won the match last night being how much of a jobber team they are.

They were booked pretty strongly.

They kept fucking with Itami and it led to Balor getting introduced and his first 'demon king' match type deal against them.

Riddle seems like the kind of guy WWE / Vince would be drooling over. BUt honestly if he went to WWE it would just end up him teaming with Mojo Rawley and being HYPE BRO.

Top Bottom