• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

That's when they formally started teaming up but it all actually goes back to a Smackdown episode, the London show from april I think, where they beat Ambrose and Zayn in the main event, on their way out they hugged and together tried to damage the old car parked on the entrance ramp.

And the Goat and the Donkey thing also precedes that tag team match, I think it was around June(?), a few weeks before MITB

The whole "It" thing also came before their official BFF hookup...

Going into money in the bank Jericho is with KO and Alberto and Jericho says I know we all don't like each other... and Owens says something like hey I have no problem with you, I thought we had a good thing going... again something that then pays off in August when he volunteers himself to be Jericho's partner...

I'm sure back when that first thing happened they had no long term plans for this but they built off it bit by bit and so now here we are.

Just finished my DVR recording, and wow was that an uneven episode of RAW.

Random thoughts:

Jericho/KO was one of the best RAW segments in a LONG time. 100% absolutely perfect.

Bayley/Charlotte had a much better match than their Rumble match, but the constant title changes are out of control at this point. If Charlotte wins it back yet again at Fastlane, that will be both hilarious and ridiculous.

Joe's interview and Sami attack were great

Steph/Roman/Gallows & Anderson opener and match served no purpose and flat out sucked

Kofi/Bo- They have NOTHING for The New Day at this point

Everything involving Enzo is garbage

I'm sure Charlotte is going to win it back before Wrestlemania, probably next week and then they go into WM continuing to hype her being undefeated at PPVs.

I see they pulled the trigger on KO v Jericho on Raw, as expected for WM. Welp, it is what it is. Do we have any direction for Joe yet from Raw?

just battle royal fodder?

It is what it is indeed, and what it is is the best segment in Raw in ages and easily top 10 all time.

Like this is easily top 5 betrayals of all time, top 10 Raw moment of all time and frankly in contention for top ten WWE movements of all time...

Pikma

Banned
Pikmark and Markaveli
Shut up Sweeney Mark

The whole "It" thing also came before their official BFF hookup...

Going into money in the bank Jericho is with KO and Alberto and Jericho says I know we all don't like each other... and Owens says something like hey I have no problem with you, I thought we had a good thing going... again something that then pays off in August when he volunteers himself to be Jericho's partner...

I'm sure back when that first thing happened they had no long term plans for this but they built off it bit by bit and so now here we are.
Yeah, I liked how they kept going back and forth about it at first

Like, this happened after they had teamed up a couple of times already
https://youtu.be/nit0UK1uMPo

Jamie OD

"How come my name's on this?"

The most heart wrenching line in WWE history.

When all is said and done in WWE for 2017 that line will probably stick out as the most memorable. Like WWE has been bad at forcing recent scenes to be treated as moments worth remembering but Owens turning on Jericho is absolutely going to be a fondly memorable segment.

Also congrats Bayley on winning the NEVER 6-Man Tag Titles.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It is what it is indeed, and what it is is the best segment in Raw in ages and easily top 10 all time.

Like this is easily top 5 betrayals of all time, top 10 Raw moment of all time and frankly in contention for top ten WWE movements of all time...

yeah watched it on youtube, that was good. Crowd was into it aswell. You know what I meant by the "it is what it is" tho :p

I cba crying over WM anymore, right now im just looking forward for it to being over so we get back into the non-season where more people have chances.

Shut up Sweeney Mark

Yeah, I liked how they kept going back and forth about it at first

Like, this happened after they had teamed up a couple of times already
https://youtu.be/nit0UK1uMPo

It's wild that they pulled off what feels like years worth of story from meeting to hints at a team to formation of a team to the reign of JeriKO (too bad they never got the tag titles) to breakup in less than a year. Like we're comparing it to The Rockers but they were together for 4 years, the Shield a few years. Most teams don't ever get this level of stuff and JeriKO did it all in less than a year.

Jericho and Owens did all of that in less than one and it was beautiful.... I actually hate that they're done because they're so perfect as a team....but I wasn't really looking forward to the feud (because I didn't want them to ever break up and figured the break up would be your basic you made a mistake now we're done break up as was teased post Survivor Series) but after tonight? It's the hottest feud in the company and I am all in.

yeah watched it on youtube, that was good. Crowd was into it aswell. You know what I meant by the "it is what it is" tho :p

I cba crying over WM anymore, right now im just looking forward for it to being over so we get back into the non-season where more people have chances.

:p I just couldn't resist using your it is was it is phrase to further exalt this amazing segment.

J-Rzez

A shame to see the best thing WWE had going come to it's end tonight. Now there's basically zero story worth a damn for anything and they're going to have to rely on wrestlers performing talent in the ring in random matches to hold them over. Luckily they have some guys like AJ and Balor should be back. Joe will be cool to watch I guess.

They need to kick it up a notch though. I need to hear violins... and in a proper debut.

Wow I must have missed Reigns vs Gallows and Anderson when I was having a shower.

Arent they the fucking tag champs atm?

Yep

A shame to see the best thing WWE had going come to it's end tonight. Now there's basically zero story worth a damn for anything and they're going to have to rely on wrestlers performing talent in the ring in random matches to hold them over. Luckily they have some guys like AJ and Balor should be back. Joe will be cool to watch I guess.

They need to kick it up a notch though. I need to hear violins... and in a proper debut.

I mean Jericho and Owens are gonna be you know feuding for the next seven weeks.

Save the doomsday heralding for when Jericho leaves the company then Raw is fucked

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they fed gallows and anderson to roman? like a handicap thing? lol >_<

Aiii

So not worth it
It's Bayley's turn this month, huh? When's Charlotte getting it back, next PPV? Big Mania win? Has she matched Ric's record yet?

I will say I don't really give a shit about the belt hoping because it's between 3 out of the 4 Horsewomen of NXT... literally presented as the cream of the crop, they are the best women in the WWE and they're fighting, almost exclusively, each other, so the idea that any one of the three best women could beat any one of the others on any given day works for me.

I get why it pisses people off, but the matches are usually pretty great, the crowds are usually hot for them and it's not going to change either.

Now if they start doing that shit with say Nia Jax, then we can really talk.

Welp. There is your moment where WWE main roster finally fucked up Bayley.

Her entire character was chasing the belt but never getting it. The moment she finally achieved her goal should have been this great moment that defined her character and could have been video package fodder for decades. Something you do in her home town or at Mania for maximum effect. Now she got it on some random bunblefuck RAW after zero build and will probably lose it next PPV just so Charlotte can match Ric Flairs title record in a year.

Acosta

fNjGq6W.jpg

Godspeed you magnificent light being.

Kurita

I will say I don't really give a shit about the belt hoping because it's between 3 out of the 4 Horsewomen of NXT... literally presented as the cream of the crop, they are the best women in the WWE and they're fighting, almost exclusively, each other, so the idea that any one of the three best women could beat any one of the others on any given day works for me.

I get why it pisses people off, but the matches are usually pretty great, the crowds are usually hot for them and it's not going to change either.

Agreed

UberTag

From Y2AJ to JeriKO in one fucking year.

Fuck part of me wants Jericho to win the Universal title at Mania... after the run he's had? He deserves it.
Easily. Certainly deserves it more than either component of the part-timer feud between Lesnar and Goldberg. The title does nothing for either one of them.

Hasney

However, if you don't watch Raw, you just assume Charlotte misplaces her belt before the big four and someone else has just picked it up before she just beats them up.

However, if you don't watch Raw, you just assume Charlotte misplaces her belt before the big four and someone else has just picked it up before she just beats them up.

I mean ok but they aren't going to book shows with the assumption that people aren't watching Raw sooo...

Like if you don't watch Raw you'd wonder why Jericho wants to murder Kevin Owens when they were best friends at the Rumble, that wouldn't make what happened tonight bad booking.

They wasted Bayley's virgin WrestleMania moment. Charlotte will win it back at Fastlane (or perhaps Sasha will turn heel and setup Bayley to beat Charlotte so Sasha turns on Bayley and beats her for the belt - as that was her only way of becoming champion again as she
can't beat Charlotte).

The feels when KO turned on Jericho, heart was torn up just like the Season 5 finale of The Shield :(

Rhaknar

is Sami v Jericho for the US title still at Fastlane? Guess thats a way to put the belt on Sami and then on Joe to build him up for awhile (not that the US title is much of a build up but still)

orioto

Good Art™
Saw RAW this morning without spoiler, was great. I loved Joe's promo.; It was long but the man is classy when he's not trying to scream like madman. So Joe/Zayne at fastlane ?

That makes me wonder, will they sell Jericho beig out ? (cause zayne / jericho was teased for fastlane)

Everyone is thinking he's coming back for WM, but what if this IS the exit actually. Probably not.

Also some think they're back to midcard but if they have a match at WM itll be the biggest story they have and the hottest crowd.

Also, something is strange, cause let me remind you of a classic Wrestling rule. KO just monster heel turned. That's a push in general.. If he's the fierce killer again, he's not going to job 2 weeks later. Having a mid chicken heel champ turning devil is actually cementing him and giving him new credibility.

So, what happens at fastlane, i don't know..

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really need to start turning off my phone until after I've watched Raw/Smackdown. Another great moment ruined. Ok this doesn't happen often since usually the thing that's spoiled isn't worth worrying about, but today it totally was. Goddammit. Segment was still AMAZING regardless.

Top Bottom