• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

orioto

Good Art™
If they make KO look good against Goldberg then they make Lesnar look shittier. I don't see how it cant be a squash.

Not how it works, lesnar loss was meant to be a fluke. Goldberg has its number. If he can't surprise spear at the beginning then it's more complicated.

Also i think, maybe, just maybe, they would like to show he can have real longer matches before mania. Which is perfect with Owens who can carry him.

Not how it works, lesnar loss was meant to be a fluke. Goldberg has its number. If he can't surprise spear at the beginning then it's more complicated.

Also i think, maybe, just maybe, they would like to show he can have real longer matches before mania. Which is perfect with Owens who can carry him.

I hope you are right and that is how they are thinking.

What the hell was that Emmalina thing?

Fucking gillberg came back and it's the highlight of WWE 2017 so far IMO. Need to have him make a run.

Jericho / Owens breakup was great

I thought Rusev & Zayn put on a really good, solid match. Exactly what I'd want out of those two at the mid-card level

I guess we're getting hot potato championship again with the Women?

Or they hope that with KO killing super beloved Jericho that fans will cheer Owens getting squashed

That said we'll see how this Triple H thing plays out.... because going into tonight my assumption was the breakup would be Owens getting pissed at Jericho for putting him in that match with Goldberg and getting him squashed whereas now they're clearly hinting at Owens in league with HHH and here a squash wouldn't further the story at all.

10814%20-%20Jack_Doan%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20gillberg%20referee%20spear%20sunday_night_heat%20tiger_ali-singh%20wwf.gif

I see they pulled the trigger on KO v Jericho on Raw, as expected for WM. Welp, it is what it is. Do we have any direction for Joe yet from Raw?

just battle royal fodder?
Story should always happen on tv and the payoff at the main events. I liked this route as there was more meat to it than a simple surprise backstab before a fade to black on a ppv.

Seijuro

So as a possible WM card we have:

1. Goldberg vs Lesnar (possibly Universal title)

2. Orton vs Wyatt (WWE title)

3. Y2J vs KO (Grudge Match)

4. Taker vs Reigns

5. Andre the Jobber Battle Royal

6. Midcard Ladder Match

7. AJ Styles vs Shane or
(read somewhere possibly Balor in some kind of inter-brand match)

8. Raw Women's Match (Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha?)

9. Smackdown's Women's Match (Naomi vs Mickie or a Gauntlet match of some kind)

10. HHH vs Seth (if healthy, maybe they insert Joe here in some capacity or replace Seth with him altogether)

11. Miz & Maryse vs Cena & Nikki

12. Ambrose vs Corbin (IC title)

Preshow: Probably tag team action

Edit:
Thinking Miz and Maryse v Cena and Nikki and Corbin v Ambrose for the IC title as well.

thanks, forgot about those, both very likely to happen and added for completion. So that's 12 possible matches in total, quite a stacked card.

1. Goldberg vs Lesnar (possibly Universal title)

2. Orton vs Wyatt (WWE title)

3. Y2J vs KO (Grudge Match)

4. Taker vs Reigns

5. Andre the Jobber Battle Royal

6. Midcard Ladder Match

7. AJ Styles vs Shane or
(read somewhere possibly Balor in some kind of inter-brand match)

8. Raw Women's Match (Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha?)

9. Smackdown's Women's Match (Naomi vs Mickie or a Gauntlet match of some kind)

10. HHH vs Seth (if healthy, maybe they insert Joe here in some capacity or replace Seth with him altogether)

Preshow: Probably tag team action

Doubt they are gonna go above 10 matches with all the segments that take up a long ass time.

Thinking Miz and Maryse v Cena and Nikki and Corbin v Ambrose for the IC title as well.

Aiii

So not worth it

I am interested in two matches here, they're lucky they got Goldberg to do another run with the company, because if KO vs. Y2J was the best thing you had going for you nobody is going to come over to watch Mania with you. That's a C-level PPV card right there.

klonere

Banned
I am interested in two matches here, they're lucky they got Goldberg to do another run with the company, because if KO vs. Y2J was the best thing you had going for you nobody is going to come over to watch Mania with you. That's a C-level PPV card right there.

They put 50,000 in the Alamodome with a weaker card arguably.

There's lots of marks out there brother, #RecordRevenue.

Aiii

So not worth it
They put 50,000 in the Alamodome with a weaker card arguably.

There's lots of marks out there brother, #RecordRevenue.

Mania tickets are sold before a card is even remotely on the horizon, so that's fine. But people watching at home are gonna need a bit more convincing than people willing to pay over 1k just for a seat anywhere remotely allowing you to actually see the ring.

What part of the show that you didn't watch are you pissed at?

There was maybe one really bad segment and it's with The Guy who is always in really bad segments.

didn't say i was pissed friend

i was responding to the multiple posts about deficiencies in the booking, particularly around charlotte and bayley, and nonsensical emma redebut

Also the segment of the show that everyone is praising, as with DB and almost every successful booking decision made on Raw in years, is something they lucked into in spite of themselves

Pikma

Banned
didn't say i was pissed friend

i was responding to the multiple posts about deficiencies in the booking, particularly around charlotte and bayley, and nonsensical emma redebut

Also the segment of the show that everyone is praising, as with DB and almost every successful booking decision made on Raw in years, is something they lucked into in spite of themselves
Jericho himself has said that most of the things that have gotten him over during this run (the catchphrases) were ideas coming directly from one of the writers

Of course the execution has been top tier by both, but just because we don't like a lot of the stupid shit they do we can't admit they were right on this one, at least so far

Jericho himself has said that most of the things that have gotten him over during this run (the catchphrases) were ideas coming directly from one of the writers

Of course the execution has been top tier by both, but just because we don't like a lot of the stupid shit they do we can't admit they were right on this one, at least so far

ehh, they were goofy jokes to kill time while they tried to get roman over. the whole turn was built on the list, which was just Jimmy Jacobs saying to Jericho one night "you should put people on the list". Jericho did that so well that they ended up with this angle

Yep writers and agents. In fact The List of Jericho was Jimmy Jacobs' idea.

Btw y'all have to check out The LAW's Review a Raw for this week. Just to listen to them talk about the Festival of Friendship segment.

What the hell was that Emmalina thing?

Fucking gillberg came back and it's the highlight of WWE 2017 so far IMO. Need to have him make a run.

Jericho / Owens breakup was great

I thought Rusev & Zayn put on a really good, solid match. Exactly what I'd want out of those two at the mid-card level

I guess we're getting hot potato championship again with the Women?

Remember Ellsworth?

Rimfya

Banned
If they make KO look good against Goldberg then they make Lesnar look shittier. I don't see how it cant be a squash.
That's exactly what needs to happen. Suggested it before. KO needs to beat Goldberg, maybe even easily. Only for Brock to beat the crap out of KO the following night on Raw.

Gives KO a bump. Gives the "got your number" idea more merit.

Goldberg vs Owens at best will go some time because Owens runs away when the bell goes. There's no way it goes like an actual match.

Edit: Also not saving Bayley's title win for Wrestlemania just seems dumb. Then again Bayley has been having the strongest underdog run ever so I doubt it'd matter or have much of an effect as her first NXT win did.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't want to scare you but they're running out of women to put in the Hall Of Fame...

Nah she'll probably be appear on a couple of pre-show talking segments at most.

Heh, if Kelly Kelly and Rosa Mendes get inducted before AJ Lee, I riot.

Wai made a good point on Review a Raw, they're likely doing a 4 way match at Mania wherein ya know Sasha is the bigger face. If you wanted Bayley to get that primo pop doing it here rather than there where a lot of folks might be cheering for Sasha makes sense.

Goldberg vs Owens at best will go some time because Owens runs away when the bell goes. There's no way it goes like an actual match.

Edit: Also not saving Bayley's title win for Wrestlemania just seems dumb. Then again Bayley has been having the strongest underdog run ever so I doubt it'd matter or have much of an effect as her first NXT win did.
I don't think there's any way they don't protect Charlotte's PPV streak. She'll win it back at Fastlane - maybe Sasha heel turn aided? - and then it'll be all about whether anybody can topple her at Mania. (Sensible booking? No. Keep that PPV streak for as long as possible.)

GunBR

I remember how everyone thought that Charlotte would lose her title at last year Mania
I can see they making her keep this PPV streak for another year. Especially because Sasha or Bayley winning again wouldn't be so special (and lol if Nia wins)

shanafan

Let's see some WWE Valentine's Day cards up in here. Don't let me down fellas.

No joke, totally just passed out WWE valentines at work, along with a sucker. I bought one of those 30 pack, and had exactly enough to pass out at work. Everyone wanted the Rock, lol.

The pack had Roman, Dean, Seth, Lucha Dragons, New Day, Cena and the Rock valentines.

So uh.

Why are they doing the Owens / Y2J breakup now and not after Owens loses the belt? Like wouldnt make 2x more sense that maybe Chris costs Owens the belt by accident OR doesnt do enough to for Owens to win against Goldberg so Owens get pissed?

shanafan

So uh.

Why are they doing the Owens / Y2J breakup now and not after Owens loses the belt? Like wouldnt make 2x more sense that maybe Chris costs Owens the belt by accident OR doesnt do enough to for Owens to win against Goldberg so Owens get pissed?

I'd say bigger effect that it happened before. Much less predictable. The breakup was bound to happen before Wrestlemania, but not while Owens was still champion.

Owens may have been pissed that Jericho put him into the Fastlane match, and that was enough for the breakup.

So uh.

I guess this way they can make Owens look like he had a chance against Goldberg before Jericho screws him out of the belt.

Owens is the guy who has to stay around at the end of the day.

So uh.

i mean why do the old timers need the title but 🐸☕

Top Bottom