• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

I'm a sucker for 'wrestler interact/attack other wrestler's families angles'. Gives them a little extra heat.

how do you post these but forget THEE greatest one of all time?

brian-pillman-steve-austin-gun.jpg

Toki767

That was definitely not a baby face promo dude...

It absolutely was.

You had HHH talking about he helped Seth from NXT all the way to the WWE Championship and how he didn't want to fight Seth. He just wanted to continue running NXT and help to bring up more guys but Seth forced his hand.

And then you had Seth threatening to go to HHH's house and what, beat up/kidnap/whatever his kids?

Who sounded like they cut a babyface promo?

It absolutely was.

You had HHH talking about he helped Seth from NXT all the way to the WWE Championship and how he didn't want to fight Seth. He just wanted to continue running NXT and help to bring up more guys but Seth forced his hand.

And then you had Seth threatening to go to HHH's house and what, beat up/kidnap/whatever his kids?

Who sounded like they cut a babyface promo?

Dude he literally pretends like he created Rollins, plucked him from obscurity, takes all credit for all of Rollins' success (remember that unlike almost everyone else Rollins used his Money in the Bank contract in the middle of a match not at the end after one guy was basically ready to be easily pinned 1,2,3), HHH then made fun of Rollins getting injured...

Don't get me wrong Rollins' face turn was rocky because it was basically HHH you didn't give me an easy pin for the title so I hate you now, but that promo was a heel promo.

God, poor Yoshino;

As for Yoshino. It happened on a Death Valley bomb from Takagi. He finished the match on adrenaline but as soon as he got backstage we went numb. Couldn't move. No feeling in his extremities. It came back at the hospital everywhere but his arms. Got MRIs and the hernia diagnosis. It's really bad, the doctor was advising retirement because it could have lasting effects on his quality of life. He made an appearance at an event but couldn't sign autographs because he couldn't hold a pen. Not sure how bad it is compared to Kanda way back when, but it's a similar situation. Tragic. That said, I expect him to be back next year.

Syder

Yeah, for reference in the NFL Teddy Bridgewater had the same thing Rollins had last summer.

Current best case scenario for his return is May 2018
Yeah, knee ligaments are nothing to fuck with. Rollins is only 30. If he really wants to stay in this business at the highest level into the next decade and beyond then he should probably take 10-12 months out, to fully re-hab.

Listening to the Talk is Jericho with Owens they recorded back in Toronto (assuming it was recorded around Survivor Series), Kevin mentions the chairs tower spot he used at Royal Rumble and how it was eventually going to find a way to use it in WWE.

Really fun episode.

tumblr_inline_ocpidsabjb1si4ouw_500.gif

LayCool parallels keep on coming.

vlcsnap-454348.png

Man it's sad when you look at past women's eras because all I want to do is pluck the few from each and drop them into the current product: LayCool, Trish, Jazz, Molly, Victoria, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, even folks like Ivory, Jacqueline, Alundra Blayze, Lita,

Aaaaggh I just read this. So so sad I had Yoshinos whole act really click with me in the last two months and was so ready for this next big run. Devastating injury I hope he can salvage some from this all.

The thing to remember as well is that he's 37, not a great time in your career to suffer such a serious set back - it sounds like he's planning to return, but we'll have to see how it pans out. It really sucks that it came at such a pivotal moment, seemed like he was set to have a huge role this year and now there's a ton of pressure of Doi and the rest of the roster to deliver.

Korakuen's in about 9 hours or so, going to be very interesting to see who Doi & Ben-K's partners are, whether it's just Shachihoko BOY and maybe someone else on the card pulling double duty, or if it's revealed who those mystery men were who helped Doi to the back after he lost to YAMATO.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah was weird to see you guys wonder if Rollins would be good for Mania when here in Europe knee ligament injuries are common in football (as in soccer) and its always at the very least 6months off.

gun_haver

So Seth's reinjured knee is legitimate, eh.

Well that is sad. Poor Seth.

It's almost perfect from the perpsective of his booking though.

Comes back from injury with huge babyface heat and an easy and babyface-solidifying feud lying in wait with Triple H who forgot about him.

Then they fuck all that up and whoops, the same shit happens again! A do-over! This time with Triple H actually being responsible for his injury!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Some tweet at Netflix if its coming to Europe also then ;_;

Syder

Yeah was weird to see you guys wonder if Rollins would be good for Mania when here in Europe knee ligament injuries are common in football (as in soccer) and its always at the very least 6months off.
6 months would be on the lucky side for just an ACL tear (Rollins did ACL/MCL/Meniscus). Last season, AFC Bournemouth had 3 players receive ACL injuries and the average recovery time was about 9 months. Rollins came back in about 6 months from a devastating knee injury.

WWE needs to start having an off-season and stop putting it's megastars on fucking house shows.

Nekofrog

Banned
So Seth's reinjured knee is legitimate, eh.

Well that is sad. Poor Seth.

It's almost perfect from the perpsective of his booking though.

Comes back from injury with huge babyface heat and an easy and babyface-solidifying feud lying in wait with Triple H who forgot about him.

Then they fuck all that up and whoops, the same shit happens again! A do-over! This time with Triple H actually being responsible for his injury!

Really it totally sucks for the guy to have this kind of damage done to his body, but at least he's still young and if he actually rehabs for a proper amount of time now, when he comes back he's going to get an even bigger face reaction than his first return. Should put some of that hype back into him (unless they decide he's a bad guy again). In any case pls give it the full amount of time off that it needs, this kind of injury is no joke

Id much rather a dude not get hurt like this in every given situation though

except otunga. I hope hope he sprains his word hole or something

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He hasn't said he has a torn ligament yet anyways

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's kind of sad/funny that if Seth misses the show they're basically counting on Finn Balor to save the show with some big match despite Finn being in the exact same position as Seth, and in fact injured by Seth.

That said, the fact we haven't heard anything suggests to me this is becoming an angle as opposed to a serious long term injury - we knew about Balor and Rollins first injury in hours.

Angry Grimace

Save the show?
In terms of big Raw matches

Unless you think Zayn is getting a singles match. (Lol)

But seriously I'm guessing Seth can work as I said above. The fact we've heard nothing after 2 days is a little unusual for a sports injury and everyone is in kayfabe mode still.

Top Bottom