• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Zach

I just watched the Samoa Joe attacks Seth Rollins segment and haha, the crowd is so dumb inappropriately chanting "this is awesome" and "Joe Joe Joe Joe." Incredible.

Not that WWE is any less dumb. They've got themselves into this pickle with the hardcore fanz and they're not smart enough to somehow book effectively around it.

It really takes away from the moment and hurts the story being told when the booker/writers and the crowd are not on the same page. Makes it hard to care. Like, you guys work this out and let me know when I can watch without distracting juxtaposition.

Heroman

Banned
I just watched the Samoa Joe attacks Seth Rollins segment and haha, the crowd is so dumb inappropriately chanting "this is awesome" and "Joe Joe Joe Joe." Incredible.

Not that WWE is any less dumb. They've got themselves into this pickle with the hardcore fanz and they're not smart enough to somehow book effectively around it.

It really takes away from the moment and hurts the story being told when the booker/writers and the crowd are not on the same page. Makes it hard to care. Like, you guys work this out and let me know when I can watch without distracting juxtaposition.
People don't boo heels anymore.

Lothar

Banned
Their bragging rights iron man match had this spot at least

Randy+orton+pyro+guy+randy+does+not+know+how+to_86c1fd_4312880.gif

Haha, what was he trying to do?

Pikma

Banned

Are you bothered with people chanting NAITO NAITO NAITO too?

You'll have to let us know when you stop being a MARK.

I wonder how are they going to make a Ingobernable stable work with the roster of NXT. If they incorporate guys from the UK tourney, I can totally see Pete Dunne joining up.

Maybe Chris Hero will debut as part of the stable.

Maybe because WWE doesnt give anyone a reason to care about faces/faces seem like assholes.

Maybe the crowd thought Joe was there to stop Rollins from harming HHH and Stephanie's children.

Royal Rumble

Lynch/Nikki/Naomi vs. Bliss/Mickie/Nattie 2.75

Gallows and Anderson vs. Cesaro and Sheamus 3

Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks 1

Charlotte vs. Bayley 3.25

Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns 4.5

Neville vs. Rich Swann 3.5

John Cena vs. AJ Styles 4.75

Randy Orton wins Royal Rumble 3.75

Takeover: San Antonio

Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger 3

Roderick Strong vs. Andrade Almas 3

AOP vs. DIY 3.5

Asuka vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Peyton Royce 2.25

Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura 4.25

Cena's Mania match
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse. This is notable in a lot of ways. When this match came out, a ton of people internally were rolling their eyes about it. On one hand, it does feel like a waste for Cena, who was originally to face Undertaker, and there was also talk of Samoa Joe and others. But there is also a lot of talk that it would be Nikki Bella’s last match (there are reports of that but nobody we’ve asked about it internally either had any knowledge or confirmed it). If so, you can see her wanting to go out with her boyfriend at WrestleMania and see him maybe wanting that as well. Miz has done a great job of late and the Miz & Maryse couple are a near main event level act. With the storyline where Natalya pushed that “John will never marry you,” I keep thinking this could lead to a proposal, and if that’s the case, in the big picture, this match makes sense. I don’t know that’s the case. That would be a far bigger thing as far as something memorable than anything, even a great match with A.J. Styles, that Cena could be to the majority of fans.

Full Sail Live security really needs to start banning certain people from the venue.

I can brush off most dumb shit people say, but during a quiet moment in tonight's Peyton Royce vs Asuka match, some asshole yelled out "show us your dick, Peyton." Thankfully, the crowd turned on him immediately and chanted asshole, but they need to do something to show that behavior like that is not tolerated.

Barrage

Cena's Mania match
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse. This is notable in a lot of ways. When this match came out, a ton of people internally were rolling their eyes about it. On one hand, it does feel like a waste for Cena, who was originally to face Undertaker, and there was also talk of Samoa Joe and others. But there is also a lot of talk that it would be Nikki Bella’s last match (there are reports of that but nobody we’ve asked about it internally either had any knowledge or confirmed it). If so, you can see her wanting to go out with her boyfriend at WrestleMania and see him maybe wanting that as well. Miz has done a great job of late and the Miz & Maryse couple are a near main event level act. With the storyline where Natalya pushed that “John will never marry you,” I keep thinking this could lead to a proposal, and if that’s the case, in the big picture, this match makes sense. I don’t know that’s the case. That would be a far bigger thing as far as something memorable than anything, even a great match with A.J. Styles, that Cena could be to the majority of fans.

Cena proposing to Nikki would be huge.

Full Sail Live security really needs to start banning certain people from the venue.

I can brush off most dumb shit people say, but during a quiet moment in tonight's Peyton Royce vs Asuka match, some asshole yelled out "show us your dick, Peyton." Thankfully, the crowd turned on him immediately and chanted asshole, but they need to do something to show that behavior like that is not tolerated.
Like the one idiot that tried to get a, "Bayley sucks d" chant and he was left looking like a fucking idiot as he should've. Fucking moron.

Cena's Mania match
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse. This is notable in a lot of ways. When this match came out, a ton of people internally were rolling their eyes about it. On one hand, it does feel like a waste for Cena, who was originally to face Undertaker, and there was also talk of Samoa Joe and others. But there is also a lot of talk that it would be Nikki Bella's last match (there are reports of that but nobody we've asked about it internally either had any knowledge or confirmed it). If so, you can see her wanting to go out with her boyfriend at WrestleMania and see him maybe wanting that as well. Miz has done a great job of late and the Miz & Maryse couple are a near main event level act. With the storyline where Natalya pushed that ”John will never marry you," I keep thinking this could lead to a proposal, and if that's the case, in the big picture, this match makes sense. I don't know that's the case. That would be a far bigger thing as far as something memorable than anything, even a great match with A.J. Styles, that Cena could be to the majority of fans.
I can't see Cena proposing. Total Divas may be a work but every time he's like 'no marriage and no kids' to Nikki it comes off as legit. It would no doubt be a moment in WWE history if it ever happened and man, I'd probably mark out.

Update on Balor

Regarding Balor and talks of him being in the Rumble, he had an evaluation over the past week and was not cleared. I don’t know that he was ever considered for the Rumble in the first place as his target return was always said to be late February or more likely early March. But he expected to be on the WrestleMania show in some form.

somedevil

That comment doesn't even make sense. He should be banned. How was the match anyway?

Meltzer on the Seth situation

Rollins was getting an evaluation on the knee on 2/1 in Birmingham and the early word was that he'd be out about eight weeks, meaning that Mania was possible but not definite. Obviously he'll want to do it under any circumstances when it's that close of a call but WWE these days, for legal reasons, is far more cautious about throwing talent back into the ring before they are ready than has been the case historically.

Top Bottom