• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Like Rollins is a main character and Brock is there when he's contracted to appear.

Like long term it's an issue but short term going into Mania I think they can work around HHH/Rollins being gone.

I'm just not buying this idea that HHH/Rollins was the linchpin for a successful Mania show.

Pikma

Banned
Ember Moon's gimmick is trash, her image is alright but all that yelling smiling and doing that stupid salute ruins it

Send her back to the PC pls

Ithil

C3m5GtgXUAQFJww.jpg

Like the cleaning of a house

931560.gif

Read it in Mauro's voice

Here's the big problem they are booking Ember to be this unbeatable monster in her own right. Asuka is also booked as an unbeatable monster.

If they do what's expected Moon beats Asuka, all you've done is replace one unbeatable monster with another.

There's zero competition in the division... unless say like Nikki Cross wins it. She's both tough but also beatable

somedevil

And yet the feuds between them have NEVER been good.
They don't play well off each other.

Good Orton feud = Christian
Good Cena feud = Edge

Which, of course, begs the question... did Cena and Orton ever tag in a match against Edge & Christian?

Nope.

edit: Chris Hero sighting

Pikma

Banned
Here's the big problem they are booking Ember to be this unbeatable monster in her own right. Asuka is also booked as an unbeatable monster.

If they do what's expected Moon beats Asuka, all you've done is replace one unbeatable monster with another.

There's zero competition in the division... unless say like Nikki Cross wins it. She's both tough but also beatable
Exactly, that's why Roode being the champion is so good, because he is beatable

ReiGun

They'd have to put the belt on Nikki now, cause her booking is starting to lean that way too.

The story of the women's division is that it's run by monsters (Ember, Asuka, Nikki) that the rest of the mortal women like Billie and Liv can't hang with. Which is partly why the division is so unexciting now; 97% of it is jobbers.

UberTag

Shame about Seth's injury. My reaction to this news is that I sort of hope they throw out the Owens/Jericho breakup program and have Triple H and Samoa Joe feud with them instead.

It's the logical direction seeing how Hunter gifted Kevin with the Universal title in the first place.

Ember needs to either be like a proper horror movie character or drop the red eyes and horror themed entrance.

The juxtaposition of look and character is bizarre

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ember needs to either be like a proper horror movie character or drop the red eyes and horror themed entrance.

The juxtaposition of look and character os bizarre
It's pretty funny where she looks like an evil wizard and then randomly goes full Sami Zayn

Biggest swerve of 2016 was me thinking and expecting Ember Moon to be some sort of spooky character based off her vignettes plus her look and then she debuted as some plucky babyface.

ReiGun

Only way I could see Ember's character working is if it was a better version of the the Demon King schtick. Have her be completely normal most of the time and only become "Ember Moon" when she has a match. Have vignettes showing that it's some kind of transformation she goes through when it's time for battle or whatever.

Oh and stop the anime girl pose shit.

Huh. So judging by the recent NXT tapings happening now
Peyton Royce is the new Number 1 contender for the women's belt. I can't see it being for Orlando since that seems destined to be the Ember vs Asuka match.

Know how GAF loath Becky's look because it's steampunk and has nothing to do with her gimmick, but she's the one of the most over females on the roster because kids/teens/nerds like steampunk and along with men who'll cheer for attractive women that's 99% of wrestling fans? Nerds love anime werewolves with sailor scout salutes dudes.

somedevil

So he's going to commentate for Raw or SD full time?

I don't know; Cena survived a DDT to the exposed concrete floor by Wade Barrett.

He is now going to do Raw and 205. Nigel is taking over for him in NXT.

Huh. So judging by the recent NXT tapings happening now
Peyton Royce is the new Number 1 contender for the women's belt. I can't see it being for Orlando since that seems destined to be the Ember vs Asuka match.

Well they do have that UCF show coming up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So he's going to commentate for Raw or SD full time?

I don't know; Cena survived a DDT to the exposed concrete floor by Wade Barrett.
At the least he admitted that was stupid even if it was his idea.

Nekofrog

Banned
DEMON KING

WHERE ARE YOU DEMON KING

COME OUT AND FACE ME DEMON KING

DEMON KING

DEMON KING WHERE ARE YOU

YOU HIDING FROM ME DEMON KING

DEMON KING

Heroman

Banned

It's time
tumblr_ne4zxe18qH1rp89yqo1_500.gif

Ultratech

This is the television event of the year.

Yup.

*marks on Calendar*

And yet the feuds between them have NEVER been good.
They don't play well off each other.

Good Orton feud = Christian
Good Cena feud = Edge

Which, of course, begs the question... did Cena and Orton ever tag in a match against Edge & Christian?

Sounds about right.

I can remember stuff from those feuds.

Cena/Orton? Not a lot other than they had like a million matches, Orton punting Cena Sr., and Orton trying to straight-up murder Cena with Pyro.

Barrage

Shame about Seth's injury. My reaction to this news is that I sort of hope they throw out the Owens/Jericho breakup program and have Triple H and Samoa Joe feud with them instead.

It's the logical direction seeing how Hunter gifted Kevin with the Universal title in the first place.

Damn that's a good idea.

Joe kills Jericho dead, wins US Title and kayfabe injures him

Owens retains Universal VS HHH (if they dont throw the belt into Goldberg/Lesnar)

Top Bottom