• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Chris R

Are house shows worth paying $25 to watch?

I say this as a person who watches maybe 10 minutes a month of RAW when there is nothing else on TV.

i mean, that's a valid question to ask. Undertaker straight up tried to murder someone
Undertaker also ultimately copped to killing his parents, too. Dude's basically a serial murderer!

Didn't they say in the storyline that the cops thought it was all a publicity stunt during Stephanie's "abduction?" Probably the same thing.

ive never watched the ministry stuff, is that easy to look for on the network?

and was this pre - IT WAS ME AUSTIN? because Vince seems pretty angry at Undertaker there.
Yeah, this was all build-up to the Corporate Ministry and was mostly from Feb to June 1999, IIRC.

Sephzilla

Are house shows worth paying $25 to watch?

I say this as a person who watches maybe 10 minutes a month of RAW when there is nothing else on TV.

house shows are generally just wrestling with no stupid storyline bullshit.

and since house shows are basically non-canon for storyline, crazy shit can happen

Undertaker also ultimately copped to killing his parents, too. Dude's basically a serial murderer!

Shit, I forgot about that.

Yeah, I can take suspension of disbelief only so far. Attitude Era Undertaker straight up confesses to murdering people and attempts to murder someone on live television.

Best 'why didn't they just call the cops' moment is Carlito getting his bodyguard to stab John Cena and then settling it in a match.

Kaladin

house shows are generally just wrestling with no stupid storyline bullshit.

and since house shows are basically non-canon for storyline, crazy shit can happen

Depending on the markets, house shows can also be family friendly events with more of an emphasis on kid friendly characters and a shorter 2 hour run time.

Snitsky made chicken salad out of that chicken shit though

fc69bdea0513854dae098f113145fa10.jpg

I fully believe we can kiss any plan they had for Reigns changing his character one iota if Rollins goes down for half a year or whatever.

Fuck.

Also, if you've never been, it's worth it to pay as much as you can for the closest seat available.

Except close as possible goes from a 35$ night to a 150$ night...

You know, for all the flack WWE (rightfully) gets thrown its way for the 2008-2012 creative dark age, fuck me if it didn't have some of the strongest heels this company has ever had.

Money gimmicks. Money gimmicks EVERYWHERE.
How could you forget the best Sibersk?!

That post Summerslam promo on Taker was straight fire friends.

I'm a sucker for 'wrestler interact/attack other wrestler's families angles'. Gives them a little extra heat.
How could you forget the worst Sibersk?!

How in the celestial fuck did they let this feud happen?!

Then you should go. No more debating. Just do it.
Also this. House shows are fun, you get more kids around you and just messing with them is always fun. If they cheer, I'll boo and just laugh and tell them I was the same way as a kid. So it's fun compared to the live shows. Live shows are good but sometimes more hostile but not really hostile, if you know what I mean. If you have a younger relative, take them with you.

Smackdown House show I'm going to is advertising AJ, Wyatt and Bliss... literally 3 of my top current 5 favs in the WWE <3

I'm so excited lol.

Wanted to take a second to thank everyone who has reached out to me over the last two days. Life doesn't always go your way, but that is no excuse to surrender. If anything, obstacles exist to help us grow and evolve.

This reinjury to my surgically repaired knee is real and a lot is up in the air right now, but one thing remains constant: my resolve. This doesn't end for me until I've reclaimed the throne.

And for me, fighting and defeating Triple H is the only way. I will work harder than I ever have and push myself beyond what I know. This isn't over. The only way to wear the crown is to slay the king. I know what must be done and there's nothing that can stop me.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WWERollins

So he is going to come back and he will have to wrestle an even more subdued kind of style. I hope he takes a full 12. Get right, I don't want any edge style retirement speeches.

So now who does Joe fight?

Probably Roman Reigns after Mania lol. Maybe Sami Zayn....

This is it for anything different with Roman going forward I'm convinced.

Sami Zayn is the most logical replacement for Rollins at Mania against HHH though, Steph on screen hates him and frequently tries to punish him.

Toki767

Feel bad for Seth.

At the same time, HHH cut like...a super great babyface promo on him on Monday so I think putting this feud on the backburner so they can re-evaluate where both people stand may be for the best.

At least they can't possibly screw up his face run when he returns a second time, right?
lol

Feel bad for Seth.

At the same time, HHH cut like...a super great babyface promo on him on Monday so I think putting this feud on the backburner so they can re-evaluate where both people stand may be for the best.

At least they can't possibly screw up his face run when he returns a second time, right?
lol

That was definitely not a baby face promo dude...

The thing is just when they were taking a good step forward in babyface Seth, they had him threaten to beat up Stephanie and Triple H's kids and so a huge step backwards was then taken.

Top Bottom