• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Meltzer on the Seth situation

They should just keep Seth off TV until a week before Mania tbh....I really don't want the guy to miss a second mania in a row.

Solution is do a short match. Seth picks up the big win. Gets destroyed by Joe after and takes time off. Coming back when he's healed to a huge pop to get revenge on Joe and there's say your Summerslam match

Yeah something like this could work too.

Solution is keep him out till Mania. Run a will he or won't he build up to and including at Mania, do a shortish safe match. Seth picks up the big win. Gets destroyed by Joe after and takes time off. Coming back when he's healed to a huge pop to get revenge on Joe and there's say your Summerslam match

Bronx-Man

Banned
Paul Fontaine from WO/F4W did some research and apparently in the past near 5 years since Raw went to 3 hours, they've lost about 25% of their audience.

Cena's Mania match
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse. This is notable in a lot of ways. When this match came out, a ton of people internally were rolling their eyes about it. On one hand, it does feel like a waste for Cena, who was originally to face Undertaker, and there was also talk of Samoa Joe and others. But there is also a lot of talk that it would be Nikki Bella's last match (there are reports of that but nobody we've asked about it internally either had any knowledge or confirmed it). If so, you can see her wanting to go out with her boyfriend at WrestleMania and see him maybe wanting that as well. Miz has done a great job of late and the Miz & Maryse couple are a near main event level act. With the storyline where Natalya pushed that ”John will never marry you," I keep thinking this could lead to a proposal, and if that's the case, in the big picture, this match makes sense. I don't know that's the case. That would be a far bigger thing as far as something memorable than anything, even a great match with A.J. Styles, that Cena could be to the majority of fans.

Lol at the 1 star for that Nia vs Sasha. That was fucking awful indeed.

As for the supposed Cena match at Mania, I feel bad for The Miz, it's not a waste of Cena, it's a waste of Miz.

Edit: Pretty sure Seth's gonna be at Mania at all costs, but will eventually get some time off after. They'll likely (hopefully) make an angle in which he's brutalized by HHH and Joe so that Finn returns to start a feud with Joe.

Heroman

Banned
Lol at the 1 star for that Nia vs Sasha. That was fucking awful indeed.

As for the supposed Cena match at Mania, I feel bad for The Miz, it's not a waste of Cena, it's a waste of Miz.
It totally a waste for Cena, he is WWE biggest star to be a in a nothing.

Tall4Life

The AJ/Cena match was the first 4.75 star match from WWE since the Royal Rumble 2015 Triple Threat between Lesnar/Rollins/Cena. That Rumble is also at the higher end of Rumbles according to his star ratings, joining 1992 and 2004. Based big dick dave

The AJ/Cena match was the first 4.75 star match from WWE since the Royal Rumble 2015 Triple Threat between Lesnar/Rollins/Cena. That Rumble is also at the higher end of Rumbles according to his star ratings, joining 1992, 2001, 2004, and 2007. Based big dick dave
Based indie guys carrying WWE roidmonkeys to great matches.

The AJ/Cena match was the first 4.75 star match from WWE since the Royal Rumble 2015 Triple Threat between Lesnar/Rollins/Cena. That Rumble is also at the higher end of Rumbles according to his star ratings, joining 1992, 2001, 2004, and 2007. Based big dick dave

Meltzer even said in his review that he considered 5 stars for Cena/AJ, but conceded down to 4.75 because he says he has to have zero doubts about five stars in order to give it.

Meltzer even said in his review that he considered 5 stars for Cena/AJ, but conceded down to 4.75 because he says he has to have zero doubts about five stars in order to give it.

Lol

Meltzer is silly.

Should have said 4.99 just for troll sake.

Btw I recommend a rewatch of the Rumble Match. It is so much better once you're not expecting a cool cameo or surprise every 2 minutes.

Holy sheeit Univision communications broke ties with Time Warner for now and i guess no more El Rey. No more Lucha, Van Damme, Bruce Lee 🙁

So from the NXT tapings I'm early predicting these matches for Takeover:

DIY vs. Revival vs. AoP for the tag titles

Ohno vs. Roode (or a 3 way with Nakamura)

The Rumble wasn't really a bad match, the downer was Roman. Then again, I'm biased, so what do I know.

zero doubts = tokyo dome

That's funny cause the Alamodome crowd was more immersed than the one at Tokyo.

That comment doesn't even make sense. He should be banned. How was the match anyway?

Standard TV match. Crowd was dead for it since it was at the end of the taping.

The U.K. matches were the highlight tonight.

Takeover card is shaping up to be Ohno vs Roode, Asuka vs Ember Moon, AoP vs DIY vs Revival but that last one could be AoP vs Revival instead.

Standard TV match. Crowd was dead for it since it was at the end of the taping.

The U.K. matches were the highlight tonight.

Takeover card is shaping up to be Ohno vs Roode, Asuka vs Ember Moon, AoP vs DIY vs Revival but that last one could be AoP vs Revival instead.
What's going on with my boy Hong Kong Sinsookey?

Fuck the dome

tumblr_mf3jjt1oqT1rdqggno1_500.gif

And damnit BronsonLee, it was in THE DOME!

Lesnar rumble spot is absolutely done to perfection

Lesnar looks terrified as soon as Goldberg's music hits. Then he puts on a bravado face.

Fuuuuck. That'd be hot af.

I find it kinds hard to see that as his farewell match. I see a Chris Hero match more fitting. I'm just more comfortable with a fresh match-up as the farewell match for some reason.

Well I mean Joe's farewell match was a rematch.

Cement Bobby Roode and move on

cordy

Banned
Rollins/HHH just have to do an angle and that'll be it. Have Rollins come out and beat Trips up with a weapon and boom they can setup their match at the next ppv during the Raw the next day. They need a huge main event and HHH/Rollins makes sense. I'm glad that it's only 8 weeks and nothing worse.

As for the Cena WM match, what did I say earlier?

And as for Balor, I'll say it again, put him in the ATGMBR and have him eliminate Strowman. Afterwards you can see if Balor can work with him for his first big feud. Shit's risky though because it's Strowman and he ain't exactly Big Show. He needs experience.

MG310

They are totally going to hold off a Roode/Nakamura rematch until fucking Brooklyn, aren't they?

Given the tapings tonight, that does not seem like the direction.

I wonder if they will do Ohno/Nakamura at one of the tapings like they did Balor/Nakamura and send him on his way.

Top Bottom