• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you have edge and jericho straight up saying cena changed the finish of his match and you still have people trying to work the dumb 'anti smark' gimmick in here thinking that the guy has zero input on his matches.

like if you're going to play devil's advocate at least do it with something you care about instead of 'getting one over on them god damn iwcs'

The Emma thing on monday almost seemed like they were trying to embarrass her or something

They could've easily hyped up Emmalina and just had Evil Emma attack someone and leave it at that. "Oh it was a swerve! Sure whatever". Instead you trot her out to do an awkward promo and leave to confused booing

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just saying that at this point Cena's kind of owned the mixed reaction character in a way Roman can't because he's booked as a top tier guy but not Super Cena and his matches are never bad. That thing where JBL says "haha the fans are just having fun booing him!" at this point is basically just the truth.

you have edge and jericho straight up saying cena changed the finish of his match and you still have people trying to work the dumb 'anti smark' gimmick in here thinking that the guy has zero input on his matches.

like if you're going to play devil's advocate at least do it with something you care about instead of 'getting one over on them god damn iwcs'

He added in the kicking out of a DDT to the exposed concrete part, Jericho specifically says it was Vince who wanted Cena to go over. Jericho's cleared it up multiple times that Cena didn't have a say in the booking of the match and it was just that spot that he insisted on.

Sephzilla

Lookup on this page. Cena is being blamed for the booking of characters AFTER THEIR FEUD WITH CENA IS OVER.

And what's the common denominator with all of these talents? Their pushes/characters/stories all immediately regress and go to shit after a Cena feud. There's a recurring trend of a lot of wrestlers basically having their career squandered because 14/15/16 time world champ John Cena needs to get his W

I think the list can go way long

Edge, KO

I kind of feel neutral on Edge benefiting. Their feud was a fuckload of hot potato bullshit that I never really enjoyed. I always thought Edge and Cena did better work against other people but didn't work that well together.

How in the world did KO benefit from that feud? He got one win over John and then ate three straight PPV L's to Cena and then was on midcard duty for a year.

korly

The Emma thing on monday almost seemed like they were trying to embarrass her or something

They could've easily hyped up Emmalina and just had Evil Emma attack someone and leave it at that. "Oh it was a swerve! Sure whatever". Instead you trot her out to do an awkward promo and leave to confused booing

Emmalina, Beaver Cleavage, 7even.

Who else came out on Day One of their new gimmicks and shit on them?

mreddie

Word has it, the producers tried Emmalina out hours before. They didn't like it.

They spent 17 weeks on a turn that they tried out hours before RAW and changed it before the show.

Zach

*fawns*

Emmalina, Beaver Cleavage, 7even.

Who else came out on Day One of their new gimmicks and shit on them?
Does Kane coming out as Fake Diesel count? Or did he take one for the company and dress up the character?

E: Seph, maybe Cena put in a good word/recommendation KO is legit. Trips/Vince took notice

http://www.wcnc.com/mb/news/politics/report-kid-rock-discussed-as-senate-candidate/408570938

QvgQDAW.gif

Sephzilla

Pretty much.

Cena has been Vince's meal ticket for a decade and has had the entire company built around him. Cena's an intelligent person and there's no way he hasn't taken advantage of this at some point. And since we live in an age where tons of WWE talent are simply "happy to be there" it'll probably never get spoken out against.

Barrage

And what's the common denominator with all of these talents? Their pushes/characters/stories all immediately regress and go to shit after a Cena feud. There's a recurring trend of a lot of wrestlers basically having their career squandered because 14/15/16 time world champ John Cena needs to get his W

I kind of feel neutral on Edge benefiting. Their feud was a fuckload of hot potato bullshit that I never really enjoyed. I always thought Edge and Cena did better work against other people but didn't work that well together.

How in the world did KO benefit from that feud? He got one win over John and then ate three straight PPV L's to Cena and then was on midcard duty for a year.

The Edge thing...I mean,you kinda had to go your opinion on that because I would say the general consensus is that it was a feud that helped both guys. The" Ultimate Opportunist" part of his character is something that was born in,tied to, and an essential part of his feud against Cena.

KO walked in and had excellent matches-and beat- a top guy.It gave him credibility that his look would have held him back from otherwise. Owens was put on the map with casual fans with his feud with Cena.

kiguel182

Linda being in office and the whole family being in bed with Trump makes me decision of not subbing for the Network that much easier.

The other day I was wondering if I wanted to sub to be on the whole Road To WrestleMania thing but supporting this company with my money is a big no-no.

It's bad enough they are they have the product I'm invested in but at least I won't give them money.

Heroman

Banned

This more on Vince and how he books then it is on Cena.

Here's the list of people I'd say ultimately benefited from a Cena feud
- CM Punk
- Daniel Bryan
- AJ Styles

Here's the list of people I'd say were hurt from a Cena feud
- Bray Wyatt
- Damien Sandow
- Ryback
- Alberto Del Rio
- Shaemus
- The Nexus
- Rusev
Ryback was hurt from the Punk feud, not the Cena one. He was put in an unwinnable situation thanks to the undefeated streaks.

Caderfix

Stop trying to guilt me into prematurely ending my chronological journey, kiguel182.

No ones doing that. Zach, you can still support Trump by subscribing to the network guilt free, Zach. We understand you need to watch those old shows, even if that means you are giving Trump your money, even if indirectly, Zach. No one is saying that in the end you will help Trump's team to create many walls and burn numerous bridges around the world, Zach. No one is saying you are a Trump supporter, Zach.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One weird positive about Attitude Era

NAO are like the most protected tag team of all time.

like they're painful in ring but they're really over and treated like a big deal.

Sephzilla

Friends. I know the 4K TV I want and have the money for it. But the closest store that has it in stock is an hour and a half away. Is it worth making a 3 hour round trip after work?

My issues with it are more along the overall design choices in the game (which means I would hate the Souls series) rather than the difficulty.

I was just being sarcastic. I love the Soulsborne games but they're not for everyone to be honest.

Zach

One weird positive about Attitude Era

NAO are like the most protected tag team of all time.

like they're painful in ring but they're really over and treated like a big deal.

I found them passable in the ring. But I too really appreciated them being treated like a big deal.

Edge's first big feud with Cena was pretty bad for him

> wins title with MITB
> loses it to Cena in their first match for the title
> loses a return match that leads to getting sidetracked into the Foley feud
> is unsuccessful in a triple threat for the title
> is sidetracked again into a feud with ECW alumni
> screws Cena out of the title to give it to RVD, who he then loses against in a title match
> wins title in triple threat
> beats Cena with brass knuckles
> is FU'd into the Long Island Sound
> loses title to Cena in a TLC match
> knocked down into Rated RKO for like a year until he gets the MITB from an injured Kennedy, cashes in on Taker, and only then does he get something resembling main event booking.

It was painfully obvious that management didn't have much faith in him.

Zach

Edge's first big feud with Cena was pretty bad for him

> wins title with MITB
> loses it to Cena in their first match for the title
> loses a return match that leads to getting sidetracked into the Foley feud
> is unsuccessful in a triple threat for the title
> is sidetracked again into a feud with ECW alumni
> screws Cena out of the title to give it to RVD, who he then loses against in a title match
> wins title in triple threat
> beats Cena with brass knuckles
> is FU'd into the Long Island Sound
> loses title to Cena in a TLC match
> knocked down into Rated RKO for like a year until he gets the MITB from an injured Kennedy, cashes in on Taker, and only then does he get something resembling main event booking.

It was painfully obvious that management didn't have much faith in him.

How about you just spoil my entire life, Sibersk Esto?!

kirblar

The whole thing w/ Edge shows how this "lock in" problem with WM has been an issue for a long, long time. They needed to switch things up given how hot Edge was and they didn't.

If Cena is the main guy and they are challengers and not ready to be the main guy in the opinion of Vince, that's not on Cena. Like it or not, Cena is popular, sells a shit ton of merch and works harder for the company than anyone. Maybe some of these so called talents should take a look at what Cena has done and try to copy it

Top Bottom