• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833897710419742720

tumblr_inline_ofpybiIeho1qc4uvh_500.gif

I know it's not the real her but still.

Tagyhag

Following the proclamation by 2017 Royal Rumble winner Randy Orton that he refuses to battle WWE Champion Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania, SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan journeyed to WWE Talking Smack with a blockbuster solution for the void he created.

Tomorrow night, SmackDown LIVE will feature a No. 1 Contenders’ Battle Royal. The winner of that colossal contest will challenge The New Face of Fear on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Wait, are they throwing an audible for Mania? Is Randy going to Raw? Am I being worked?

I need more Austin Shoot Podcasts on the network

And not the garbage Holy Foley kind from Wrestlemania last year (they're best friends, they've never had one fight!)

Wait, are they throwing an audible for Mania? Is Randy going to Raw? Am I being worked?
My prediction is AJ wins this. Randy takes back his decision, Shane tells AJ he isn't going to wrestle for the world title at Wrestlemania, AJ gets mad at him and it kickstarts their feud.

I need more Austin Shoot Podcasts on the network

And not the garbage Holy Foley kind from Wrestlemania last year (they're best friends, they've never had one fight!)
The Ambrose one terrified WWE into never wanting to do another one ever again. /s

Man, I really hope this doesn't happen. It'd be such a waste of the build up they've been doing for Strongmeister.

You build up monster heels for top babyfaces to beat. That's how wrestling works. Plus, it's far more likely 'Taker will attack Roman to KEEP BRAUN STRONG anyway.

No. No. Yes. It's called storytelling. And having six weeks to fill before WM.

Tagyhag

My prediction is AJ wins this. Randy takes back his decision, Shane tells AJ he isn't going to wrestle for the world title at Wrestlemania, AJ gets mad at him and it kickstarts their feud.

That would do it, but that just seems lazy.

No. No. Yes. It's called storytelling. And having six weeks to fill before WM.

Oh yeah, after so many goddamn PPV's I forgot that Smackdown still has a while before WM.

That would do it, but that just seems lazy.
They've got some time to go until Wrestlemania and no PPV's until then so they need a bit of padding. I just hope when Randy takes his decision back it's more of Bray letting him do it instead of Randy betraying Bray. I really want them going into Wrestlemania still as allies who are agreeing to fight to see if the better man wins.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is a WWE production, right? Are they paying for this while The Rock directs it?

If the director gives someone direct instruction on how they should act on film, that person immediately become a principal actor rather than an extra and would require a SAG waiver if they're not a member, union pay, and potentially a usage buyout and/or royalties (assuming this is a union production, which it almost certainly is if it's filming in the Staples Center). The 2nd AD or someone else along those lines needs to be giving those instructions to the extras. In this case, that person is The Rock.

DMczaf

SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan journeyed to WWE Talking Smack with a blockbuster solution for the void he created.

lol so obvious its setting up Shane going "I don't care about Bryan said, its Orton vs Wyatt" and AJ attacking Shane to setup the match

FML they really are wasting AJ on this fucking shit.

Rimfya

Banned
lol so obvious its setting up Shane going "I don't care about Bryan said, its Orton vs Wyatt" and AJ attacking Shane to setup the match

FML they really are wasting AJ on this fucking shit.

They can very easily play the "I won't fight you at WM but I know someone who will..." card from Shane and wheel out Nakamura at any time.

They've already got bigger drawing fights in Berg/Brock. AJ won't draw fighting anyone but Cena.

But he'd put on a great match against a chicken sandwich so it doesn't really matter.

Punk isn't returning. Especially not when Triple H is in a much bigger creative position then he was back in early 2014 with the success of NXT. With Trips around, Punk's return seems impossible.

DMczaf

I don't think it's ever happening, but he's been gone long enough that a return would be MASSIVE

Even though he wasn't THAT main event guy when he left, the drama and circus that came about him leaving would lead to Rock level of buyrates for WM (if WM was still PPV exclusive)

Punk isn't returning. Especially not when Triple H is in a much bigger creative position then he was back in early 2014 with the success of NXT. With Trips around, Punk's return seems impossible.

As long as Vince is breathing, things could be worked out on their end. Vince would book Satan if he thought it would pop a rating/payday.

Top Bottom