• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Barrage

Punk would be exposed after two weeks as having nothing to say,and becoming everything he once complained about. Stay writing C-Level Thor backups.

Not to mention having the worst fighter in all of MMA pushed over anybody would debase the entire company.

What the fuck lol
1487652336973.jpg
The Rock's lazy ass forgetting AJ's iconic look and putting her actress in normal gear looking like a brunette Alexa Bliss. And I don't even know what to say on Paige's hair.

Punk would be exposed after two weeks as having nothing to say,and becoming everything he once complained about. Stay writing C-Level Thor backups.

Not to mention having the worst fighter in all of MMA pushed over anybody would debase the entire company.

Brock was exposed as a guy afraid of being hit, lets not pretend like what happens in MMA matters

If the director gives someone direct instruction on how they should act on film, that person immediately become a principal actor rather than an extra and would require a SAG waiver if they're not a member, union pay, and potentially a usage buyout and/or royalties (assuming this is a union production, which it almost certainly is if it's filming in the Staples Center). The 2nd AD or someone else along those lines needs to be giving those instructions to the extras. In this case, that person is The Rock.
nI2ZOWp.gif

But seriously, thanks for the info. So the folks in the crowd don't have to sign any waivers or anything to be in the shot? Or are they basically consenting to being filmed when purchasing the ticket and staying afterwards?

Does someone have a link for that pic that's not 4chan hosted?

Even though he wasn't THAT main event guy when he left, the drama and circus that came about him leaving would lead to Rock level of buyrates for WM (if WM was still PPV exclusive)

No, no, it wouldn't. It'd lead to a one or two time boost in RAW ratings, then things staying stable because CM Punk has spent the last three years getting his ass kicked in the UFC and occasionally being trolly on Twitter while The Rock became one of the the biggest movie star on the planet during his time away from the WWE in the lead up to Rock/Cena. Especially once people figured out Punk wouldn't be cutting pipebombs every week and would have to cut actual normal wrestling promos.

Anybody who cares about CM Punk leaving is already watching the WWE now, or very recently stopped watching. Your casual fan doesn't care.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
nI2ZOWp.gif

But seriously, thanks for the info. So the folks in the crowd don't have to sign any waivers or anything to be in the shot? Or are they basically consenting to being filmed when purchasing the ticket and staying afterwards?

Does someone have a link for that pic that's not 4chan?

It's a public event, so consent is given once anyone enters the building.

Pikma

Banned

Thank you, finally someone with common sense

DMczaf

No, no, it wouldn't. It'd lead to a one or two time boost in RAW ratings, then things staying stable because CM Punk has spent the last three years getting his ass kicked in the UFC and occasionally being trolly on Twitter while The Rock became one of the the biggest movie star on the planet during his time away from the WWE in the lead up to Rock/Cena. Especially once people figured out Punk wouldn't be cutting pipebombs every week and would have to cut actual normal wrestling promos.

Anybody who cares about CM Punk leaving is already watching the WWE now, or very recently stopped watching. Your casual fan doesn't care.

UFC 203 did nearly 500K buys, that that was mostly because of Punk.

Punk would DRAW with WWE fans today.

Caspel

I don't care about who will draw/who won't draw -- I'm not a WWE investor or stakeholder, so how much money they make doesn't necessarily concern me all that much. That being said, I'd love to see Punk come back before he gets to his mid-40s and can no longer perform near his prime against the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, and many others that have risen to the top with him being gone, Bryan retired, and Cena now part-time.

So, 1/6 of what RAW draws and 1/3 of the Network during WM.

In other words, you're sitll not showing me evidence there isn't some large chunk of people who...

a.) like CM Punk

and

b.) don't already regularly watch the WWE.

Yes, I agree Punk was a one time boon for the UFC. But notice how they're not booking him anymore. They got their freakshow fight, got a ton of money from WWE fans and they're done.

I don't care about who will draw/who won't draw -- I'm not a WWE investor or stakeholder, so how much money they make doesn't necessarily concern me all that much.

..and this one sentence is why the WWE or any other company that is actually focused on drawing money should never listen to Internet fans.

DMczaf

So, 1/6 of what RAW draws and 1/3 of the Network during WM.

In other words, you're sitll not showing me evidence there isn't some large chunk of people who...

a.) like CM Punk

and

b.) don't already regularly watch the WWE.

Yes, I agree Punk was a one time boon for the UFC. But notice how they're not booking him anymore. They got their freakshow fight, got a ton of money from WWE fans and they're done.

Punk got 500K people to purchase a $50-60 PPV in 2016.

WM's peak buyrate is 1.3M

Punk on WM would be an event that would draw between 1-1.3M buys easily.

Caspel

..and this one sentence is why the WWE or any other company that is actually focused on drawing money should never listen to Internet fans.

You are grasping at straws and your quoting of me has nothing to do with your conversation. I do not care to prove to you anything as you are asking another poster. I want to watch the best wrestlers compete against one another. The business side is up to WWE to figure out and you being an armchair analyst is silly.

DMczaf

Lol I think you may be overvaluing him a tiny little bit

It's not just about his drawing, its about his drawing power + the drama of "omg Punk is back and he's wrestling at WM! He was in a lawsuit with WWE! He left with drama!"

The story itself + Punk's draw would be money. Just put a large spotlight on the mainstream drama Punk and WWE had and its money.

Are you guys forgetting that Punk still has an active lawsuit against one of WWE's employees?

Him coming back in general is unlikely at best, but there's absolutely zero chance he comes back until well after that suit goes away.

But you are an internet fan too...

QUITE THE PARADOX HERE, JESSE.

You are grasping at straws and your quoting of me has nothing to do with your conversation. I do not care to prove to you anything as you are asking another poster. I want to watch the best wrestlers compete against one another. The business side is up to WWE to figure out and you being an armchair analyst is silly.

No, you don't care about the best wrestlers "competing." You care about talented athletic people cooperating to create the best possible fake combat interactions based on a storyline.

If you cared about the best wrestlers competing, you'd be watching UFC. :)

It's not just about his drawing, its about his drawing power + the drama of "omg Punk is back and he's wrestling at WM! He was in a lawsuit with WWE! He left with drama!"

The story itself + Punk's draw would be money. Just put a large spotlight on the mainstream drama Punk and WWE had and its money.

You're heavily overinflating the amount of people that care that Punk left the WWE and Punk's drawing power in general. Just because a lot of 30 year olds who write for media websites because WWE fans will click stories will write about it, doesn't mean it'll actually draw.

But you are an internet fan too...

QUITE THE PARADOX HERE, JESSE.

But I don't think the WWE should book according to what I would enjoy most only.

I mean, if it was up to my personal tastes, Kevin Owens would be in NXT until he didn't look like a comic book clerk and Kenny Omega would be jobbed to Yuji Nagata and then fired out of a cannon back to DDT.

Don't quit your day job, old man

whatever that is

All Punk has to do is drop his suit and apologize and it will be all over, but lol at that happening.

I have no interest in seeing another whiny promo or sloppy match from Punk.

Pikmark BTFO
Literally SEETHING
image.php

>never drew a dime
>never the guy
>cucked by Bluekaveli
>cucked by DM
>never won a singles championship
>cried about jobbing to OwensIsNow
>cried about jobbing to Zach

Sorry for this particularly shitty shitpost. I'm high

DMczaf

1bvucJB.jpg

I ask, why is it that crazy that a Punk post-lawsuit and first match back main evented WM that is PPV exclusive i.e. no WWE Network should hit at least 1M buys when the last 10 WMs before the Network averaged 1.05M?

Hell, it's still insane to me that WWE made WM free on the Network they they were averaging over 1M buys for a decade.

Why do that?!

Pikma

Banned
Pikmark BTFO
Literally SEETHING
image.php

>never drew a dime
>never the guy
>cucked by Markaveli Ellsworth
>cucked by DM
>never won a singles championship
>cried about jobbing to GillbergIsNow