• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Gimme this KO

clgyX5o.gif

I hope we get this KO back

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
How Owens vs Goldberg goes down will show which character they want to move forward with in the future. It's a pretty fascinating match from that perspective, if Owens comes out of it looking in anyway strong or doesn't get squashed, it means they really think highly of him.

I don't see that happening though.

Yeah, after last night's promo, which was great, he is either getting squashed or he's going to be the guy going forward.

Is Cena promoting Nintendo products now?

They should get Tanahashi to promote in Japan and do some crazy crossover advertisements.

It wont help thw product sell at all but Id enjoy it.

orioto

Good Art™
How Owens vs Goldberg goes down will show which character they want to move forward with in the future. It's a pretty fascinating match from that perspective, if Owens comes out of it looking in anyway strong or doesn't get squashed, it means they really think highly of him.

I don't see that happening though.

Of course it's happening.

I mean, i don't know. Anything can happen, WWE can ruin everything they do in one night. But if it makes slightly sense, they didn't keep that indie guy as a champ for 8 month, with terrible ratings, then had him assassinate the most over thing they have right now to cement his rebirth as a monster heel, just to squash him one week later.

Clearly last week and this week are a new beginnings for Owens.
The logic would be Owens to lead the match by surprising Godlberg and carrying him, but when Goldberg comes back, some shenanigans happens. I'm not sure what... Lesnar has no reason.. Trips or Joe ? But.. why ?

Kimawolf

I mean, i don't know. Anything can happen, WWE can ruin everything they do in one night. But if it makes slightly sense, they didn't keep that indie guy as a champ for 8 month, with terrible ratings, then had him assassinate the most over thing they have right now to cement his rebirth as a monster heel, just to squash him one week later.

The logic would be Owens to lead the match by surprising Godlberg and carrying him, but when Goldberg comes back, some shenanigans happens. I'm not sure what... Lesnar has no reason.. Trips or Joe ? But.. why ?

Look what they did with Brock and Undertaker. So don't count it out.

Toki767

They gave Cena is 16th title win just to have him lose it 2 weeks later.

You give WWE way too much credit for long term planning.

orioto

Good Art™
Look what they did with Brock and Undertaker. So don't count it out.

They gave Cena is 16th title win just to have him lose it 2 weeks later.

You give WWE way too much credit for long term planning.

Both are booking decisions that didn't really matter on the scale of those 2 guy's career.

I mean they used a 25 minutes segment last week then a 5 minute recap to open raw for that story. It's huge right now for them. They basically handcrafted their top heel.

I think Maybe Jericho costs him the match after all but that means he has to look like he has a chance first.

If they actually did Nak vs. Styles at Mania it would be genius

Bring him in solely to be a "big deal opponent" and the biggest audience they get all year sees him against a guy who has completely won fans over. Who also knows how to put on an amazing match with him. Have the audience watch him work a match like that with a crowd like that before he even cuts a poor English promo

Bring on Shane-o though

Bring him in solely to be a "big deal opponent" and the biggest audience they get all year sees him against a guy who has completely won fans over. Who also knows how to put on an amazing match with him. Have the audience watch him work a match like that with a crowd like that before he even cuts a poor English promo

Bring on Shane-o though

It would be the best.

It still shocks me how rude people are on the internet. Going on twitter and seeing people say to AJ "nobody wants to see some shit match against Shane" or whatever, directly to him, its so fucking rude I can't believe people have the gall to say that to the people involved.

It would be the best.

It still shocks me how rude people are on the internet. Going on twitter and seeing people say to AJ "nobody wants to see some shit match against Shane" or whatever, directly to him, its so fucking rude I can't believe people have the gall to say that to the people involved.
Everyone knows AJ does the booking, he's politicking his way into HHH's marriage and the McMahon dynasty

Bring on Shane-o though

No Nak, because who ever loses gets hurt.If Aj loses, he would really be Zigglerd.

The Ummah

Banned
I would love to see the Nak entrance at Wrestlemania, but I also want more hype going into his first WM. Anything now would seem thrown together. I'd rather they bring him on and do it next year.

10 minute entrance next year, the fucking works.

No Nak, because who ever loses gets hurt.If Aj loses, he would really be Zigglerd.
Do you seriously think AJ losing means he's buried

It is downright incredible how in 2017 him and Cena are shown as equals (with him being "the better man" for majority of their feud)

AJ is more of a star than majority of the people on the roster, look at live crowds. Dude has completely taken over

If Nak goes over it establishes him as a legit threat and AJ gets his comeuppance. Otherwise you bring Nak in to have some 5 star classics with your boy Ziggler in the midcard

Heroman

Banned
His match with Bobby Roode was very good. Plus I hate this Nak is lazy narrative when I see him already having 5 4 stars or more matches since he came to NXT.
Most of his NXT matches are like c tier Nak matches, I mean I was watching Nak vs Ishii match from g1 25 the other day and it blow away anything he done in wwe.

Most of his NXT matches are like c tier Nak matches, I mean I was watching Nak vs Ishii match from g1 25 the other day and it blow away anything he done in wwe.

Meltz addressed and basically called WWE the company vets like Nak can come and do less than half the things they did back in NJPW and get bigger pops. I agree.

Also, man, I don't care that wrasslegaf is not sold, my excitement for Horizon is through the roof. Hunting the beasts looks so darn fun.

somedevil

So you just like his New Japan style matches then. Thats fine but saying he is lazy because he doing his WWE version is different.

If you didn't enjoy his matches against Balor, Joe, Roode or Zayn just say that.

This place has so much hyperbole sometimes. If you listened to Review a Wai its like John and Wai watched a completely different show compared to some of the posts last night.

There should be a rule that every Takeover the NXT title match should be something fresh. With only about four or five PPV's a year, I hate how they drag out the same feud to another Takeover.

Joe vs Finn was a feud that lasted what, nearly half a year?

Do you seriously think AJ losing means he's buried

It is downright incredible how in 2017 him and Cena are shown as equals (with him being "the better man" for majority of their feud)

AJ is more of a star than majority of the people on the roster, look at live crowds. Dude has completely taken over

If Nak goes over it establishes him as a legit threat and AJ gets his comeuppance. Otherwise you bring Nak in to have some 5 star classics with your boy Ziggler in the midcard

I just worry about AJ a lot, I know he doesn't have 4 more years, so i get scared. 2016 was pretty magical for him.

Heroman

Banned
So you just like his New Japan style matches then. Thats fine but saying he is lazy because he doing his WWE version is different.

If you didn't enjoy his matches against Balor, Joe, Roode or Zayn just say that.

This place has so much hyperbole sometimes. If you listened to Review a Wai its like John and Wai watched a completely different show compared to some of the posts last night.
AJ is wrestling at the same level as he did in NJPW and Nak is not. The dude was known for being lazy in NJPW but in NXT he has taken it to a whole another level. If a guy can have 5 to 4.5 star classics in a another promotion but doesn't in his current promotion with top teir talent then he is lazy.

Listening to Heromark lol

Beefy

Raw was shit last night

Nakamura's matches against Roode and Zayn were great. Everything else has been whatever and the match in Osaka (I think it was Osaka?) was awful. I want to see him go all out against AJ in a big match too. I have no idea how they would use him on Raw or SD.

And yeah Raw was shit last night. The only thing I really enjoyed was Owens and the main event.

Nak isn't going to put any effort in front of a crowd of 200 people in a tiny Florida gym. I don't blame him.

AJ v Nak. Special attraction match. Keep the workrate nerds happy.

Top Bottom