• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

klonere

Banned
Listening to the KO promo from Raw, before he says "play the GAME better than anyone else" he slows down, putting emphasis on each word and starts adding subtle -uhs to everything.

#LayeredStorytelling

That 2K quality

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/833969857393721344

they didn't even bother to edit Lawler flubbing and rereading his lines

The fact most of the JBL lines are in there is a fucking travesty. With headphones in you can clearly tell differences in recording sessions, suddenly Cole is 5 years younger!

jmdajr

So.

Option 1) Goldberg wins title.
Option 2) Brock interferes doesn't win title.

I think Chris vs KO for the title at Mania would be swell. But not sure how Vince feels about it.

While it was a pretty standard mediocre episode of Raw, I gotta say that catching up with the thread I'm actually hard pressed to thing of a time where it's been more hyperbolic for an episode of Raw.

I feel like I've watched certain posters over just the last few months become increasingly grouchy like they're pulling off some kind of shoddy heel turn.

99b8be6fbb61deb2f6bcbf2c48d7cc3cb5364ace_hq.gif

RAW was pretty bad last night. Except5 the Brock interview, Owens was ok, Braun was pretty good. Ive turned the corner on him.

Everything else was terrible.

Toki767

So.

I think Chris vs KO for the title at Mania would be swell. But not sure how Vince feels about it.

Heyman's entire promo last night was how Lesnar wanted Goldberg to win the title so that he could take it from him at Mania.

So it'd be stupid for Lesnar to interfere.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
So.

Really hoping its not 1). Part time champs suck. I want to see the belt defended at every PPV. As much as I liked Brock when he was champ, only seeing the title defended once every 3-4 months is bullshit.

klonere

Banned
3) Jericho runs in...and attacks Goldberg. In fact he starts shooting on him, re-igniting their backstage bitterness from the WCW days. KO grabs a mic and tells them to "Get back on script" and for Goldberg "To do the job or Paul will get Jerry on the line to discuss your contract". Jericho backs off, walking up the ramp with no explanation as Goldberg lays down for KO to cover him for the 3.

HHH comes out and Pedigrees KO for no reason to end the show

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So.

everyone with an ounce of common sense knows that LEsnar v Goldberg doesnt need the title involved.

the title will be involved

Daniel Bryan is Freddy Mercury compared to Vanilla Midget Balor

3) Jericho runs in...and attacks Goldberg. In fact he starts shooting on him, re-igniting their backstage bitterness from the WCW days. KO grabs a mic and tells them to "Get back on script" and for Goldberg "To do the job or Paul will get Jerry on the line to discuss your contract". Jericho backs off, walking up the ramp with no explanation as Goldberg lays down for KO to cover him for the 3.

HHH comes out and Pedigrees KO for no reason to end the show
I will pay for the Network myself if this happens.

General consensus that AJ wins tonight, but then gets his match taken away when Randy decides he wants it again?

Also, I've convinced myself KO is gonna beat Goldberg because of the HHH stable. I might be getting worked, but that promo last night sold me on the idea that HHH told Owens to attack Jericho in exchange for help at Fast Lane.

How bad was Stroman's botch on TV, live it was awkward but looked like he sorta saved it.

Lana is on another level live. Camera side RAW seats are also worth to watch Jojo come in and out of the ring all night.

General consensus that AJ wins tonight, but then gets his match taken away when Randy decides he wants it again?

Also, I've convinced myself KO is gonna beat Goldberg because of the HHH stable. I might be getting worked, but that promo last night sold me on the idea that HHH told Owens to attack Jericho in exchange for help at Fast Lane.
My prediction is AJ wins, Randy takes back his decision to give it up, Shane tells AJ he isn't going for the title and AJ attacks him which starts up their feud.

Zabka

Yup. Now days their names suck ass. Even the moves minus a couple are so generic. I miss the days when finishers meant something and were unique to a wrestler. You still have a couple of them but it's getting fewer and fewer.

Wrestlers also used to talk about using their moves in their promos. Hard to do when your move is named the "Pop-up Powerbomb".

Best finisher name in modern wrestling? The motherfucking Shatter Machine.

Wrestlers also used to talk about using their moves in their promos. Hard to do when your move is named the "Pop-up Powerbomb".

Best finisher name in modern wrestling? The motherfucking Shatter Machine.
I hit you with one pop up powerbomb(4) and the odds are against you.

Ha!

Mother fuckers got those names from a wwe game.

Barrage

Top 10 Current WWE Finshing Move Names:

10. Skull-Crushing Finale (The Miz)
9. Lie Detector (R-Truth)
8. Pedigree (HHH/Seth Rollins)
7. Dirty Deeds (Dean Ambrose)
6. Code Of Silence (Carmella)
5. Tombstone (Undertaker)
4. Walls Of Jericho (Chris Jericho)
3.Styles Clash (A.J. Styles)
2. End Of Days (Baron Corbin)
1. F-5 (Brock Lesnar)

Barrage

Also,note that there are some dope as fuck names coming up from NXT right now.

Shatter Machine
The Last Chapter
Eye Of The Storm

And maybe my personal favourite....

MURPHY'S LAW

LOL at Wreddit turning on Enzo & Cass: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5vawk5/enzo_and_cass_are_getting_too_repetitive_and/

The defense force is pretty funny too
I agree with the points that Enzo & Cass' gimmick worked a lot better in NXT where they showed up every few episodes. On the main roster they're there weekly so it's gonna be a lot harder to give them good material. I think they would be better off just doing the usual 'my name is' thing and not the part where they cut a promo on their opponents.

Toki767

My prediction is AJ wins, Randy takes back his decision to give it up, Shane tells AJ he isn't going for the title and AJ attacks him which starts up their feud.

Funny enough, I don't see how AJ comes across as the heel in that scenario.

All the guy has been asking for is a one on one rematch which he's due in WWE logic.

Queen Tamina hopefully returns tonight.
Please have her in the bodyguard role for someone like Alexa or Mickie, it's the best thing for her to do.

Funny enough, I don't see how AJ comes across as the heel in that scenario.

All the guy has been asking for is a one on one rematch which he's due in WWE logic.
I fully expect the AJ vs Shane feud to be a feud where Shane comes off like the heel authority figure when the intention isn't there for him to come off like that.

ReiGun

Top 10 Current WWE Finshing Move Names:

10. Skull-Crushing Finale (The Miz)
9. Lie Detector (R-Truth)
8. Pedigree (HHH/Seth Rollins)
7. Dirty Deeds (Dean Ambrose)
6. Code Of Silence (Carmella)
5. Tombstone (Undertaker)
4. Walls Of Jericho (Chris Jericho)
3.Styles Clash (A.J. Styles)
2. End Of Days (Baron Corbin)
1. F-5 (Brock Lesnar)
This is good. I'd put End of Days over F-5, but that's me.

Other ones I like: Natural Selection, The Bank Statement, Dis-Arm-Her, Sister Abigail, The Helluva Kick, The Rough Ryder, The Fall of Man

Top Bottom