• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

I need someone to explain to me about why Baron Corbin's finishing move is even called End of Days.

I don't get the reference.
End Of Days = the apocalypse

Devastating move, he's bringing the end of days with him, his titantron shows the world being absorbed by shadows

Idfk

I thought he was a Lone Wolf? Or some sort of shitty biker gang reject?

c54fd4b9735568aba8fad094c9ad8c2b.jpg

slabrock

Banned
3) Jericho runs in...and attacks Goldberg. In fact he starts shooting on him, re-igniting their backstage bitterness from the WCW days. KO grabs a mic and tells them to "Get back on script" and for Goldberg "To do the job or Paul will get Jerry on the line to discuss your contract". Jericho backs off, walking up the ramp with no explanation as Goldberg lays down for KO to cover him for the 3.

HHH comes out and Pedigrees KO for no reason to end the show

Vince Russo posts at NeoGAF?

PWInsider reports that WWE had nothing to do with The Rock calling CM Punk last night after RAW went off the air and were said to be upset that he did it. The Rock decided in the moment to make the call so he could pop the live crowd at the Staples Center. WWE officials weren’t happy and reportedly sent someone to ringside to ask The Rock to go in a different direction. AT one point, a fan yelled that they would turn his mic of and The Rock said: “They better not turn off my mic.”
http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-was-not-okay-with-the-rock-calling-cm-punk-after-raw/
Duh

Like Ali vs Inoki. Ali knew wrestling was fake, but when he got to Japan and saw the way the event was being presented, he started to have doubts. Also, the fact that Inoki wouldn't break kayfabe, even in private, complicated matters.

Nekofrog

Banned
You know I've read for like 15 years that Mike Tyson is a mark for the biz but I still find out hilarious to this day.

Have we elected a king of mark style yet

Caderfix

There should be a story-line that reveals Braun and Corbin are brothers so they can form a better version of Brothers of Destruction.

Heroman

Banned
First ever NJPW event card

Singles Match
El Furioso defeats Tatsumi Fujinami (4:20)
Singles Match
Ivan Kameroff defeats Osamu Kido (12:20)
Singles Match
Shoji Kai defeats Brooklyn Kid (15:16)
Singles Match
Inca Peruano vs. Katsuhisa Shibata - Double Count Out (17:10)
Best Two Out Of Three Falls Tag Team Match
Kotetsu Yamamoto & Toyonobori defeat Jim Durango & John Durango [2:1] (36:45)
- Kotetsu Yamamoto besiegt Jim Durango (20:00)
- Jim Durango besiegt Kotetsu Yamamoto (30:10)
- Jim Durango & John Durango werden disqualifiziert (36:45)
Singles Match
Karl Gotch defeats Antonio Inoki (15:10)

Fun fact: one of these dudes is still wreslting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
to be fair to the WWE... I mean, what he did doesnt help the fucking CM Punk chants, the very ones we ourselves have shat on, from dying off :/

Sephzilla

With the way the company is in decline and the rock has been growing his empire I wouldn't be shocked if in 5 years he's worth more than the WWE.

Not joking here.

Rock's net worth is a touch below $200 million. WWE is $3.4 billion. He's got a ways to go.

miserable

I'm surprised they haven't played a "Braun Strowman is Big Show's son" storyline and made Braun the kayfabe grandson to Andre

Imagine if Stroman showed up wearing the red Santa pants with the suspenders and a fake white beard which he'd toss at Big Show yelling "remember this?"

I agree with the points that Enzo & Cass' gimmick worked a lot better in NXT where they showed up every few episodes. On the main roster they're there weekly so it's gonna be a lot harder to give them good material. I think they would be better off just doing the usual 'my name is' thing and not the part where they cut a promo on their opponents.

They're giving them way too much TV time for a gimmick that is so one dimensional. They would be better served by not having a 10 minute promo every single week.

klonere

Banned
This feels more like a description of NXT Kevin vs Raw comedy heel Kevin.

How Owens vs Goldberg goes down will show which character they want to move forward with in the future. It's a pretty fascinating match from that perspective, if Owens comes out of it looking in anyway strong or doesn't get squashed, it means they really think highly of him.

I don't see that happening though.

How Owens vs Goldberg goes down will show which character they want to move forward with in the future. It's a pretty fascinating match from that perspective, if Owens comes out of it looking in anyway strong or doesn't get squashed, it means they really think highly of him.

I don't see that happening though.

He's been champ for months and I don't think he's taken a clean fall in a long time

There was a fake AJ Lee- doing this to cut off the Punk chants was super smart of him.

Didn't really work to be honest, the Punk chants were massive and didn't die out either. There were some people trying to do CM Punk sucks but they were just drowned out lol. There were Punk chants during one of the tapings of the fake match, but they recorded the crowd doing individual chants and cheers to edit in later. They taped the fake match about 4 times, people were gone after the second. The one with the "actress" was REALLY awkward they would not finish moves or fall on the floor so a stunt double could do it at later time and her accent was horrendous.

Top Bottom