• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Nekofrog

Banned
She is overrated on the mic by people who are attracted to her. If someone says she's god-tier on the mic at the same time they praise her facial expressions, you know what they're talking about.

Absurd. Believable facial expressions are a sign of an actual ability to act, and alexa has her reactions down better than almost anybody on the roster. The diversity she gives alone stands out when compared to the general aggressive mean mugging of a heel and the smiling politely of a baby face

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ummm I've said those things... and I'm a chick... soooo... but yes let's just reduce Alexa to being hot. That's cool.

Like to a note. Her facial expression game us part of her tital embodiment of her character.

She does great work.

She's not a great wrestler and her smarmy character is totally stock. Arguing she's better in any way than Bayley, Sasha or Becky is just absurd. I'd say she's the Dolph Ziggler of the women's division because she basically does one thing, and does it mediocre, except Ziggler is at least a competent worker.

Man all these people saying Alexa is bad on the mic? Are you conveniently just forgetting that Becky touches the mic WAY more then she ever should...
They both can be bad.
Who else in the women's division is as good as her on the mic?

Charlotte is generally great, probably the best but (like Alexa) occasionally gets dumb material to work with. In Alexa's case, when they really play up "SHE LOVES DISNEY, MAGGLE!" and she has to talk with constant Fairy Tale comparisons
What does the rest of the division have to do with her being bad on the mic? If she's not good, then she's not good.

ElRenoRaven

I like Alexa but some fans of her can be extreme with the overrating. Haven't seen it here really but other places it's downright insane the shit they say about her. Her ring work is middling but good if she has the right opponent to help her out.

Yea you'll find a lot of people like that. They'll rant or rave over how amazing or awful someone is when they're neither. I think people around here more so like to pick apart shit and judge things like their judging a dog show or some amazing masterpiece that should be perfect. People aren't always gonna be the greatest or the worst. This isn't some high art that has to be perfect.

I hate everyone from this era. Especially if you're from NXT.

Got a problem?

Huh?
Huh?
Huh?

You just wait til Hunter groups up his underdeveloped talent to form the greatest stable in WWE history.

She is overrated on the mic by people who are attracted to her. If someone says she's god-tier on the mic at the same time they praise her facial expressions, you know what they're talking about.

This makes zero sense because the facial expressions she makes are actual part of what makes her a great personality on the mic, regardless of hotness. But yeah, be the first to sexualise her then point fingers at the rest of Gaf.

Barrage

She's not a great wrestler and her smarmy character is totally stock. Arguing she's better in any way than Bayley, Sasha or Becky is just absurd.

Sasha and Bayley have been unwatchable at times on the main roster. Alexa's in an easier role, but she's running with the ball which is all you can ask.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't even believe people trying to say Bayley is a better promo than Alexa. You people are the worst.

Beefy

People just go crazy when they like a wrestler. Only people I can say are great on the mic is Jericho/AJ/Joe/Cena and maybe Bray?

Alexa new Champ!!

You just wait til Hunter groups up his underdeveloped talent to form the greatest stable in WWE history.

This makes zero sense because the facial expressions she makes are actual part of what makes her a great personality on the mic, regardless of hotness. But yeah, be the first to sexualise her then point fingers at the rest of Gaf.
Fuck Hunter. And wtf was this shit.

She's not a great wrestler and her smarmy character is totally stock. Arguing she's better in any way than Bayley, Sasha or Becky is just absurd. I'd say she's the Dolph Ziggler of the women's division because she basically does one thing, and does it mediocre, except Ziggler is at least a competent worker.

No one has really called her a great wrestler. She's a great character though

gun_haver

If you think Alexa is an example of bad on the mic, then I'd be curious to hear who you think is good.

As for people just saying this because she's hot - I'm not gonna act offended at that suggestion, cos she is, but uh, pretty much every woman in WWE is extremely hot. The most you can really say is 'oh you're only saying she's good because you like things about her!'.

I don't even like her that much, I was very happy with Naomi as champion, and I'm sad she's had to vacate. Alexa's just obviously a natural on the mic and probably has some great promos in her future.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Except that has nothing to do with the point, which is that she's playing a completely stock bitchy character and making a bitchy face isn't some sign of great talent. It's literally making one face that probably took 5 minutes of practice in a mirror to do. Gimme a break.

No one has really called her a great wrestler. She's a great character though

Except she's just playing the same character everyone else has played in the last 10 years. Having a mean face isn't the same thing as doing it better than Nikki, or AJ Lee or anyone else.

Pikma

Banned
-She's good

-She's bad

-She's good

-She sucks

-She's great

That x10

There, I saved you another 10 pages of the same stupid arguments

She's good
But still a bit green and that's okay!

It contains Trips involvement so it'll just be like "look at HHH leeching off top talent to make himself the best guy ever argle bargle!"

Silexx

I can't even believe people trying to say Bayley is a better promo than Alexa. You people are the worst.

The only thing I'll say about Bayley is that I think her character is meant to be awkward on the mic. Now you may think her mic skills arent just a kayfabe facade, but I don't think Bayley necessarily needs the mic to get over.

Exodust

Banned
Never said Alexa was amazing, I certainly am attracted to her but I've been attracted to most women in WWE from Diva division on so I don't know how that has anything to do with anything.

Alexa works really well as a heel. I don't see how that's offensive to point out just because you guys like to shit on everything. WWE is still shitty in many areas, but Smackdown has been it's brightest points with Alexa being the best part of it's women division IMO.

The only thing I'll say about Bayley is that I think her character is meant to be awkward on the mic. Now you may think her mic skills arent just a kayfabe facade, but I don't think Bayley necessarily needs the mic to get over.
Bayley is legitimately bad on the mic but she has the benefit that her character is an awkward person so it's not so bad as it would be for others.

Angry Grimace

Bayley has a character that makes you care about how she does even if she's awkward as hell.

Alexa's just the bitchy girl character that exists on every WWE roster from any point in the last 10 years.

She's playing the same character Maryse does now except Maryse is better than her.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Miz forgot star of KFC commercials as Guy in Chicken Suit

Top Bottom