• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

That's why everyone was excited to see it. It was pretty clear that if the match happened it'd be Big Show's last match

Now that it's not happening, what incentive does he have to retire
He can fight Triple H for the title next year.

Or Brock. After Brock beats Goldberg, finally Show can have his revenge.

That's what we want. Old men. Lumbering old men.

Can't believe we're 3 years off 2020 and no progress on robots or jump pads in baseball.

Probably for the bear. I always used to walk the robots by hitting them with a pitch to eventually blow them up.

We have more important things, like putting flamethrowers on drones so they can burn garbage hanging from power lines or training eagles to fight drones so terrorists will put poison on drones to kill the drone-hunting eagles.

somedevil

Its interesting what the Hardys will do next.

They do want more creative control over their characters and will the WWE allow them to have more say in what they want to do?

If not will they sign or will they do Indies and maybe try to go to ROH which is having the same problems with talent TNA is having?

Pikma

Banned
I think the Hardys would bite if they offered them a spot similar to Jericho's but with less house show dates, which is certainly nothing too crazy

Then again it's fucking Vince so who knows they'd even be willing to offer them that

Hasney

Its interesting what the Hardys will do next.

They do want more creative control over their characters and will the WWE allow them to have more say in what they want to do?

If not will they sign or will they do Indies and maybe try to go to ROH which is having the same problems with talent TNA is having?

Business is business. If WWE are interested, they no doubt offered more money than they'd get in TNA and the indies, but if you love what you do (and what creative control would give them), then its not just the money.

Since the indies can't give them the production budget they'd want for some of their stuff, it might be they just go there and do want that egomaniac Mick Meehan wants them too. I think that's the best move honestly, especially for Matt. Get involved with creative at NXT and beyond or something down the road when he's ready to hang it up.

somedevil

Business is business. If WWE are interested, they no doubt offered more money than they'd get in TNA and the indies, but if you love what you do (and what creative control would give them), then its not just the money.

Since the indies can't give them the production budget they'd want for some of their stuff, it might be they just go there and do want that egomaniac Mick Meehan wants them too. I think that's the best move honestly, especially for Matt. Get involved with creative at NXT and beyond or something down the road when he's ready to hang it up.

Yeah a major part of their act you need tv time and money for their ideas. The act got over by the gimmick and not them wrestling real matches.

Its just interesting cause I see them wanting a part time schedule. Plus Jeff wants his wrestlemania match with the Undertaker as well.

Anybody asking about money hasn't seen any scenes of the compound. That stuff was done with Hardy money in a building owned entirely of stuff bought with Hardy money. They could literally work 0 days the rest of their life and wouldn't have to sell anything, they'd be set.

They want creative control, period. Fake news suggesting otherwise.

TNA let them do whatever they want starting from the Final Deletion, and the Hardys (never in that position before) found that they fucking loved it immediately and never wanted to go back.

Those of you with your precious Network: find one time Jeff was clearly having more fun than the past year of deletion. It can't be done, but I'll humor the "money buys happiness" crowd. You've got a year to browse, find one instance.

Toki767

I don't think they necessarily need creative control in WWE.

They just need to able to at least work with the writers rather than simply just being given the script.

WWE would probably come to a compromise with them somehow.

They film everything with a drone borash bought on Amazon. They don't need WWE money to do what they do

gun_haver

Anybody asking about money hasn't seen any scenes of the compound. That stuff was done with Hardy money in a building owned entirely of stuff bought with Hardy money. They could literally work 0 days the rest of their life and wouldn't have to sell anything, they'd be set.

TNA let them do whatever they want starting from the Final Deletion, and the Hardys (never in that position before) found that they fucking loved it immediately and never wanted to go back.

Those of you with your precious Network: find one time Jeff was clearly having more fun than the past year of deletion. It can't be done, but I'll humor the "money buys happiness" crowd. You've got a year to browse, find one instance.

Yeah it seems to me that if the primary motive of the Hardys is to have creative control and therefore enjoy what they do, wouldn't WWE be the last place to go? Unless Vince was happy with some kind of unprecedented situation where they could write their own promos and characters, which I can't imagine. The other week he was blowing up about somebody saying 'title shot' instead of 'title opportunity'.

Then again, having a big house isn't necessarily an indication of financial security so maybe they do want to mop up a few hundred thousand out of WWE before they get too old. People can say their main thing isn't money when it actually is. Maybe the money TNA was offering just wasn't enough to make up for the other drawbacks.

somedevil

Who are you talking to?

Plus its really about control for them and not money. Plus the thing with Jeff is I don't know him so how can people tell when he been happy?

He had big success in his time with the Dudleys and Edge and Christian and his single run in 09 but he didn't get his life straight until his TNA time after the debacle with Sting.

Syder

Maybe The Hardys see the end of the road for the current gimmick and their careers and want one last big payday regardless of how they may have to change their creative process within WWE...

Pikma

Banned
I don't think they necessarily need creative control in WWE.

They just need to able to at least work with the writers rather than simply just being given the script.

WWE would probably come to a compromise with them somehow.
Again, something similar to what Jericho currently does would work imo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whether they were happier getting to do anything they want or not is irrelevant because there's nobody willing to pay them to do whatever they want anymore

cordy

Banned
Nah, I don't think Trips is on any juice.

I just think that most of the work is done by most of his people so he's got a lot of time to bullshit around before heading to Raw. Vince probably works way harder than he does. He's probably got like 6-8 hours of leisure time. Like he posted that at 3PM. Shouldn't he be at Raw or something? Does he just show up late? Idk man, doesn't look like he's always working.

C5sQjHYWYAE7erJ.jpg

C5sZNZ8VUAI8dJj.jpg

C5slwSpWgAANGe9.jpg

somedevil

More on Impact and Matt Hardy:

If Broken Matt wants to continue using that name after leaving Impact Wrestling, he may have a fight on his hands — because right now there’s confusion over who owns the gimmick.

Sources close to Matt tell us his current deal gives Impact the ability to profit off of anything already filmed having to do with ANY gimmick he used throughout the course of his contract … but, once that’s over, he retains ownership of his name and characters.

However, our Impact Wrestling sources tell us that’s not the case at all. They claim the current deal specifically states that their company owns all IP creations.

As we previously reported, Matt and Jeff do not plan to re-sign with the company because they felt dissed during contract negotiations.

As for a possible non-compete clause, we’re told The Hardy Boyz don’t have one. Which means they could potentially show up in another company as soon as next week.

So each side says they have the rights over the character once the contract is up.

I just think that most of the work is done by most of his people so he's got a lot of time to bullshit around before heading to Raw. Vince probably works way harder than he does. He's probably got like 6-8 hours of leisure time. Like he posted that at 3PM. Shouldn't he be at Raw or something? Does he just show up late? Idk man, doesn't look like he's always working.
Lay off the crack Cordy

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Anything that would require hard work is taken care of by Vince and he isn't delegating that, so yeah, a lot of what HHH is doing is probably just PR.

Angry Grimace

Honestly, just don't call him BROKEN Matt Hardy

who cares if he specifically has the word BROKEN there

cordy

Banned
Lay off the crack Cordy

It just makes sense. Either he works hard and is on the juice or he's not working hard so he's got a lot of time to workout. I think Trips doesn't do a lot of groundwork backstage anymore like most bosses.

Anything that would require hard work is taken care of by Vince and he isn't delegating that, so yeah, a lot of what HHH is doing is probably just PR.

Yep that's what I think.

If I had as much time as Trips does I'd look like that too but I got a 9-5. Vince though yeah that man's on something. Dude looks like a Double Dragon boss.

530849d3e32b3c473051525617578e76.jpg

PWInsider saying Jarrett is the new Chief Creative Officer, overseeing everything. He won't be on TV "soon", Karen will be

Also confirm the 10% outside appearances thing going to TNA is going into more talent contracts going forward, royalty payments will also change. Talent are also fucked with New pay scale: previously paid per episode appearance (Someone worked 4 episodes taped in one day, equals 4 episodes, 4 paydays). Now per date (same scenario would be one payday)

Shaq said today he doesn't think Mania's happening

Show got in the best shape of his life for a match that won't happen
2oPrJTU.gif

This is absolute horse shit, damn it Show deserves this, did you hear Cena say how the smelly poo heads of the WWE universe begging the man to retire from his lifelong profession hurt the Showster?

Maybe we can salvage this...
kane-vs-big-show.jpg

too many cooks...

Big Show's best Wrestlemania match involved a celebrity!
Indeed it did, Dwayne Johnson, a McMahon in every corner!

Top Bottom