• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

JUnTUer.jpg

I'm actually kinda amazed at TNA's continued dedication to being dumb as fuck.
TNA are ridiculously fucking stupid. I wonder if this will affect Matt and Jeff's ability to haggle with WWE at all.

If TNA do this to the Hardy's then what do they do to their other stars?

WHAT FUCKING STARS

Everygoddamnbody who was originally in the company that wasn't Jarrett, Borash, Don West, or Abyss are long gone. X Division? Long gone. Tenay? Long gone. Hell, even Jarrett and Don just came back from being long gone.

What they do to their other stars, they're doing to the Hardys. And there's nobody fucking left when they bolt.

Tall4Life

Like the creative control thing, whatever. They've done the best creative in TNA than they've had in years, but you might not want guys having that power.

Everything after that point is fucking stupid. It's amazing how fucking stupid.

I look at it this way: you have guys in the past like Hogan and Nash which obviously exercised creative control to the detriment of the rest of the guys in WCW, and even Hogan in WWF and then WWE when he returned. But I really don't think it would've gone this way. I see this more as protection against TNA being TNA and ruining the gimmick hard or ending it abruptly. They are the top tag team in TNA but it's not like they bury the competition, they make the competition entertaining as fuck.

Hasney

I look at it this way: you have guys in the past like Hogan and Nash which obviously exercised creative control to the detriment of the rest of the guys in WCW, and even Hogan in WWF and then WWE when he returned. But I really don't think it would've gone this way. I see this more as protection against TNA being TNA and ruining the gimmick hard or ending it abruptly. They are the top tag team in TNA but it's not like they bury the competition, they make the competition entertaining as fuck.

Yeah, exactly. But you can say that they can continue as they're doing without having it contractual and also not be utter twats with the rest of it.

They have to die or at least be off TV by 2018.

MG310

They got months of entertaining TV out of a feud with fucking Crazzy Steve and Abyss.

Give them what they want.

Kaladin

Triple H just posted 3 live event dates where he'll be wrestling in March.

Welcome The Destroyer...‬

‪#WWEBuffalo - 3/10‬
‪#WWEToronto - 3/11‬
‪#WWEWhitePlains - 3/26‬

‪WWE.com/Events‬

17022285_10155260944504683_6491098424491496524_n.jpg

Gonna be interesting to see if NJPW make mention of Sabre being EVOLVE champion...ROH probably wouldn't be happy if they did, but then, what the fuck are ROH gonna do about it?

PWInsider on the Hardys: the sides (them and TNA) came to a verbal agreement in December but they didn't physically get the new contracts until a few weeks ago, late due to ownership change. It being last minute pissed them off, and then the language in the contract limited creative control and also required they pay TNA 10% of outside appearance earnings, which also had to be approved by TNA now. New management thinks nobody's irreplaceable. If they show up at tapings this week, it's to drop the belts. They very much didn't want to leave, as Reby's comments imply. They're masters of their own destiny, want creative control not cash.

10% TNA trying to pull a Verne Gagnee

TNA don't even have enough teams for a tournament. Wolves broke up, Lee/Everett broke up. All they got is Decay, DCC, and Spud/Sandow, and the last one isn't even an official team

Pikma

Banned
Shaq said today he doesn't think Mania's happening

Show got in the best shape of his life for a match that won't happen
Lol yeah, there's been rumors about that for a while now

You can bet your ass it won't go to waste tho, he'll probably win the Andre the Giant Battle Royale or whatever it's called

After watching the entire Dungeon of Doom saga in ppv form, I have a new appreciation of Lex Luger.

I don't think I ever had much of an opinion of him growing up, either in WCW or WWF. I never thought he was bad but he never stood out to me, even when the fed tried to make him their Hogan replacement.

I know OSW covered his INSANE selling (which is great and awful and insane) but he was having his best matches and his whole story with Sting over that year was great. Heel and face still friends and tagging together, Luger cheating when Sting isn't looking and Sting demanding Lex fire Jimmy Hart. You can see Lex only giving high-fives to fans when Sting is watching him, then immediately drop face and be a heel when Sting turns around. It's fucking amazing story telling.

They built it for too long though as the NWO happens and everything else stops. With that terrible Era of WCW, Luger/Sting and the Horsemen were the only things that were great.

You get to see DDP's looong fued with Johnny B Bad as well. DDP seems to start off most of these PPV's and while he's not at his main event level, you can see him getting better and getting his character down and that's pretty good.

Top Bottom