• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Recall

Watching my first ever FREEDOMS show and it's the Christmas show from 2012, titled Bloody Xmas.

First match is a tag team Christmas present Death Match. A raw chicken and a pigs head are being used as weapons. Along with fruit and veg and cooking utensils. A team opened a present and it was an old karate man using a kite as a weapon. Quite silly and funny to be fair.

Jun Kasai is in the main event so I'm expecting mayhem.

A wild Christmas cake has appeared.

Konnan, who co-runs The Crash (the Mexican indy that uses a lot of ex-AAA people and is where Pentagon turned up to announce his departure), just tweeted AAA are not only sending legal letters to promotions to stop them using Fenix and Penta at all regardless of what name they use, but sent a rep from Mexico's trademark office to try and stop Fenix from wrestling for Crash. The attempt was unsuccessful.

Konnan, for his part, says AAA owe a lot of people money from PPVs/iPPVs, and they had people work LU without working visas. The latter is why some didn't appear in season 3, because if they were caught on their tourist visa they'd be banned from America.

Nekofrog

Banned
After watching the entire Dungeon of Doom saga in ppv form, I have a new appreciation of Lex Luger.

I don't think I ever had much of an opinion of him growing up, either in WCW or WWF. I never thought he was bad but he never stood out to me, even when the fed tried to make him their Hogan replacement.

I know OSW covered his INSANE selling (which is great and awful and insane) but he was having his best matches and his whole story with Sting over that year was great. Heel and face still friends and tagging together, Luger cheating when Sting isn't looking and Sting demanding Lex fire Jimmy Hart. You can see Lex only giving high-fives to fans when Sting is watching him, then immediately drop face and be a heel when Sting turns around. It's fucking amazing story telling.

They built it for too long though as the NWO happens and everything else stops. With that terrible Era of WCW, Luger/Sting and the Horsemen were the only things that were great.

You get to see DDP's looong fued with Johnny B Bad as well. DDP seems to start off most of these PPV's and while he's not at his main event level, you can see him getting better and getting his character down and that's pretty good.

OHHHHHH

AUGHHHH

OHHHHWWWGH

Rn8Tf9g.jpg

What the hell is Raven doing there?

his Evenflow DDT was one of the best looking moves in the game. Loved how the opponent flipped over after hitting it.

Recall

Second match is a street fight deathmatch with one of the guys dressed as Santa.

He found some chairs and tables though. Such thoughtful gifts.

The Bucks are coming to Mexico at the end of March, I don't like them that much but they're probably fun live. Might make a trip to see them.

Also, Rey joined La Rebelion, so that's pretty cool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i love how osw calls schiavonne miserable

there's someone who acts miserable and takes away from the broadcast on commentary
hqdefault.jpg

and it aint tony

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tony gets pretty bad by the end of 2000, but not Brain bad.

And by pretty bad I mean about the same tone JR has when he's sick of the WWE at the end of his career there.

klonere

Banned
Gonna be interesting to see if NJPW make mention of Sabre being EVOLVE champion...ROH probably wouldn't be happy if they did, but then, what the fuck are ROH gonna do about it?

The one thing I can say about ROH is that they finally have a champ that's over in Japan (at least KHall) with Cole. Dunno how long he's gonna stick around though.

They sell Jeff and Karen Jarrett 8x10's and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to sell once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to sell gold.

Also they own at least 4 wrestling title belts for some reason.

Rosemary would be fun and they could use more women with clearly defined gimmicks.
Ohh the gold digging bullshit gimmick

Is the true? Or just building hype?
It seems to be true. He said it on his podcast that while it isn't completely dead, it's probably not happening and we have heard absolutely nothing about it for a match happening in a month and a bit. Also apparently Shaq right now is super out of shape so if he's building hype, he isn't prepping much for the match.

Recall

Santa guy won by putting his opponent in a sack and dropping him on his head. Fair enough.

I guess FREEDOMS is basically CZW / Chikara in Japan? It's pretty terrible.

8 man tag match now and they began the match in the stands then they rushed the ring for a weapon. It's very lame.

Hasney

John Cena said he loved the Switch. No shit, he was paid to say that. But than he decided to shoot.

. “I loved Baseball Stars, which is a title by a now obsolete company called SNK

Fuck you John. They're still going.

It seems to be true. He said it on his podcast that while it isn't completely dead, it's probably not happening and we have heard absolutely nothing about it for a match happening in a month and a bit. Also apparently Shaq right now is super out of shape so if he's building hype, he isn't prepping much for the match.
I'll believe it when I see it but I'm disappointed as this was my most anticipated thing tbh. Been waiting forever.

Shaq saying the match not happening isn't because of him. I will bet good money it is entirely because of him that it isn't happening.
Is everybody involved just aware that nobody gave a fuck about this?

More importantly/terrifyingly: what if this is to keep Show strong so he can have One. More. TitleRun?

Hasney

Can't believe we're 3 years off 2020 and no progress on robots or jump pads in baseball.

Probably for the bear. I always used to walk the robots by hitting them with a pitch to eventually blow them up.

Is everybody involved just aware that nobody gave a fuck about this?

More importantly/terrifyingly: what if this is to keep Show strong so he can have One. More. TitleRun?

That's why everyone was excited to see it. It was pretty clear that if the match happened it'd be Big Show's last match

Now that it's not happening, what incentive does he have to retire

Top Bottom