• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

I hope AJ wins the title back and they run a Cruiserweight vs Heavyweight Champ match some time so I can see the GOAT clash again

2o76LYT.gif

Sephzilla

I just don't see it worth it when the PS5 is probably a year or two out.

I think the PS5 is at absolute minimum 2 years out. The PS4 is barely 3 years old and there was a 7 year gap between the PS3 and PS4.

We're probably looking at 2020 for the PS5

EDIT: Plus with how well the PS4 is selling I don't think they're going to be in a huge hurry to rush out a replacement

somedevil

Is Pentagon still with Lucha Underground cause this won't make him happy:

Lucha Libre FMV LLC, the owners of Lucha Underground, applied to trademark “Penta OM”, the new name for Pentagon Jr. Pentagon Jr. left AAA too join the independent scene and changed his name because it was owned by AAA. AAA’s Dorian Rodan was named head of Lucha Libre FMV before Pentagon left. PWInsider speculates that the company is filing a trademark for Pentagon’s new name to stop him from using it.

Kaladin

I think the PS5 is at absolute minimum 2 years out. The PS4 is barely 3 years old and there was a 7 year gap between the PS3 and PS4.

We're probably looking at 2020 for the PS5

EDIT: Plus with how well the PS4 is selling I don't think they're going to be in a huge hurry to rush out a replacement

Even if it does wait till 2020, I just don't see the value. Maybe if the PS4 Pro played 4k blu-rays, but I don't see a need to replace the PS4 when it's already going to play everything you want.

Hasney

Even if it does wait till 2020, I just don't see the value. Maybe if the PS4 Pro played 4k blu-rays, but I don't see a need to replace the PS4 when it's already going to play everything you want.

I mean, if you can afford it out of one paycheck fairly easy, you may as well. Video game consoles aren't really an investment or anything.

I would have a 4k OLED, but I might leave the country in a couple of years, so trying to live lean.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heres a little Rhaknar story, gather around kids:

I first learned of TNA many many moons ago when I got some dvds, and that shit blew me away compared to the stuff I was seeing from wwe at the time.

AJ, Chris Daniels, Petey Williams doing some truly crazy shit in the ring compared to what I was used to.

Flash forward years after, im on Gaf and everybody is saying TNA is a joke and im like "what happened? :("

Kaladin

I first learned of TNA many many moons ago when I got some dvds, and that shit blew me away compared to the stuff I was seeing from wwe at the time.

AJ, Chris Daniels, Petey Williams doing some truly crazy shit in the ring compared to what I was used to.

Flash forward years after, im on Gaf and everybody is saying TNA is a joke and im like "what happened? :("

We need a novel to fully explain, but mostly Dixie Carter happened. Also, Hogan and Bischoff, but this was mostly Dixie Carter.

Thanks you two.
I did not know that, Excelsiorlef. I will check it out.
EDIT: For someone who has little to no knowledge about wrestling.

Oh don't watch my suggestion then :)

I thought you wanted a documentary made by someone with no knowledge of the business... cause that's the Jess Ventura "biographical" movie. It's bullshit made up nonsense.

Jesse Ventura did not wrestle Kanyon for the title in the 80s on Nitro just for the record, but it's in the movie. Chris Kanyon was a child in the 80s and Nitro didn't exist XD but you'd never know that from the movie.

Mark ass getting worked

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just checked the shelf for those dvds, its 3 X-Division dvds, from 2002, 2003 amd 2004...

damn son, thats 13-15 years ago lol >_<

AJ v Petey Williams v Chris Sabin is the match I remember the most blowing me away, AJ takes a ridiculous canadian destroyer I remember

Oh don't watch my suggestion then :)

I thought you wanted a documentary made by someone with no knowledge of the business... cause that's the Jess Ventura "biographical" movie. It's bullshit made up nonsense.

Jesse Ventura did not wrestle Kanyon for the title in the 80s on Nitro just for the record, but it's in the movie. Chris Kanyon was a child in the 80s and Nitro didn't exist XD but you'd never know that from the movie.

My bad. I should've been clearer. But thanks for the warning on the Ventura doc.

Is Pentagon still with Lucha Underground cause this won't make him happy:

I'm not an expert on copyright law. But my understanding is that you can't copyright something that someone else is using even if they haven't filed for a copy right.

An example would be Nike slogan "just do it" if they never copyrighted it they would still own it because they used it for years.

Rhaknar

was the Canadian Destroyer a safe move or what, I honestly cant tell. I guess most of the work is on the person doing the backflip, but it looks so dangerous every time. Then again so does Style's Clash.

and speaking of flip moves, that flip powerbomb that cena has been busting out, I see people call it Code Red, was that someone's finisher then?

Top Bottom