• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

was the Canadian Destroyer a safe move or what, I honestly cant tell. I guess most of the work is on the person doing the backflip, but it looks so dangerous every time. Then again so does Style's Clash.

and speaking of flip moves, that flip powerbomb that cena has been busting out, I see people call it Code Red, was that someone's finisher then?

Yeah, it was Amazing Red's finisher, a flippy dippy who was with TNA.

anigif_enhanced-1032-1430800704-4.gif

While you're wrestling alongside your buddies in the bingo halls, I'll be main eventing PPV's! /s

I'm gonna be wrestling marquee matches in the Gafyo Dome my brother... you can keep your Sunday Network Events

was the Canadian Destroyer a safe move or what, I honestly cant tell. I guess most of the work is on the person doing the backflip, but it looks so dangerous every time. Then again so does Style's Clash.

and speaking of flip moves, that flip powerbomb that cena has been busting out, I see people call it Code Red, was that someone's finisher then?

It is the Code Red or Yoshi Tonic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euTUfpJdpvQ

TNA have that on demand now, at least in the UK. That's why I kept laughing when everyone was shitting on WWE buying their library a few months back, there are SO many gems in those '02-'08 years, and even beyond.

Zach

BronsonLee! Welcome to the GWF, pal! We envision big things for such a small guy, I can promise you that! Here's what Creative has on the drawing board for you right now:

Ndea7Iv.png

What do you think, pal?!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the PS5 is at absolute minimum 2 years out. The PS4 is barely 3 years old and there was a 7 year gap between the PS3 and PS4.

We're probably looking at 2020 for the PS5

EDIT: Plus with how well the PS4 is selling I don't think they're going to be in a huge hurry to rush out a replacement

PS5 isn't coming any time soon at all and I'm talking years. I don't get why people think its anywhere near release.

I wouldn't even be surprised if we're talking 2021.

Kaladin

This is both right and wrong. Right in that yes, there are fans like that out there, wrong in that there will never be that kind of connection. Every now and then wrestling strikes gold and that's when that connection happens. That's when you feel something more.

Otherwise, if there is no deeper connection, it might as well be a traveling circus supported by a weekly variety show.

Zach

I like talking about 2020/2021 just because I can fantasize about getting rid of Trump/Pence.

But what if the future refuses to change????

Blockbuster was pretty much a revolutionary move back in the day, so it shouldn't be a surprise he can do a Canadian Destroyer. He was especially agile before the neck injury.

I actually played as Buff Bagwell in Revenge sometimes to do that sweet, sweet Buff Blockbuster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1ZlwdKB+-+Imgur.gif

Probably the hardest I ever marked as a kid. And he was beating up my fave so that says a lot about the moment

Then they let him start talking

somedevil

I'm not an expert on copyright law. But my understanding is that you can't copyright something that someone else is using even if they haven't filed for a copy right.

An example would be Nike slogan "just do it" if they never copyrighted it they would still own it because they used it for years.

"just do it" is trademarked. He can fight this by filing opposition to it.

PWInsider said:
Since we have gotten some emails about a few TNA related topics, here is the latest:
*As of this writing, the company has not yet locked in Matt and Jeff Hardy to new deals. But they are leaning towards staying with the company.
*Drew Galloway has also yet to sign a new deal. No idea where things stand there.
*Dixie Carter has moved out of the TNA offices in Nashville, TN and is not involved in any TNA decision-making and is effectively gone from the company. Her husband, Serg Salinas, is also no longer with the company. He lists on his LinkedIn Profile that in January, he left the company to work as General Manager of Trifecta Entertainment and Tex-Ville Tunes Music Publishing in Nashville, TN. Trifecta Entertainment was the company Dixie Carter owned and ran before TNA.
*Jeff Jarrett is believed to be coming on board as the new Executive Producer, replacing John "Big" Gaburick, but we have heard differing accounts of whether Jarrett's deal is done. Jarrett is still moving forward with GFW so it's possible he will try and bridge the two entities together going forward. I wouldn't be shocked to see the GFW TV that was filmed in Las Vegas eventually end up on Fight Network, but that's only my gut feeling.
*The latest word is John Gaburick is not leaving the company as we have heard he has restructured his deal to remain as a producer.
*There have been no major office departures and thus far, no real talk of moving the company to Toronto yet but that is still a possibility.
*Staff were in Toronto this week at Anthem and Fight Network Studios, McKenzie Mitchell will be doing some material there with Josh Mathews. Jeff Jarrett was also there talking plans and ideas for the company with Ed Nordholm and Jason Brown.
*Dutch Mantel is officially Head of Creative, joining Matt Conway, Gaburick and Madison Rayne.
*Don West is, thus far, only back to help liquidate the TNA warehouse. We are told there was a ton of merchandise that needed to be sold off so the company is working towards that end. Bringing back West was a Jarrett idea. However there are people who would love him on commentary due to his selling ability with pay-per-views and other digital content. "He could sell you a dead rat and you'd buy it" was one comment I got.

Holy god Madison Rayne and Zeb Coulter comprise a wrestling company's creative team in 20fuckin17

korly

The 1st show I ever went to at ECW Arena was an indy wrestling supercard called "Break The Barrier". I was talking with the friend I went to that show with last night and I got to talking about how it was weird that I never hear the show talked about. I did some digging and found this:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/5...he-untold-story-of-the-night-the-iwc-put-on-a

Turns out the people filming the show never adjusted their cameras for the dim lighting of ECW arena and all of the footage was unusable.

Sad.

Top Bottom