• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Nooooooooooooooo, old man Tenryu :(

Mr2IUyG.gif

a definite legend in wrestling

Let's not forget that last year Tenryu broke Daichi Hashimoto's jaw as a going away present when he quit Z1 for IGF, he's still plenty grumpy, but I agree he hasn't been in prime grumpy form for at least five or more years now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to see Tenryu in the ring again. He's honestly too old. Legendary, but...rest, now. Rest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Having one arm tied behind your back is actually an advantage when wrestling Sabre.
PabPxu2.gif

Harada vs Suzuki could be a MOTY contender if they give them time.

Having one arm tied behind your back is actually an advantage when wrestling Sabre.

Zack's so good with his limb work, he really wrenches in his submissions when he's not trying to be too fancy. Pleased to see him win the Observer's technician award for last year, that little tour in the US he did last September certainly raised his profile.

Kaladin

Friends, you might have heard of Sling TV. Well I signed up for the 7 day trial and it includes El Rey network and it has back episodes of Lucha Underground on demand.

You now have a legit way to watch if you didn't before.

I'm happy with this though the quality could be better....and the PC player is a separate application and is windowed odd.

But it's early and I like what is here early on.

https://www.sling.com/

I refuse to accept that Nagata has reached grumpy old man stage. He can still go, and I'd love to see him main event a minor show in the middle of a tour against Nakamura.

Friends, you might have heard of Sling TV. Well I signed up for the 7 day trial and it includes El Rey network and it has back episodes of Lucha Underground on demand.

I'm happy with this though the quality could be better....and the PC player is a separate application and is windowed odd.

You can also watch Lucha Underground legally, though in Spanish, by watching them on the UniMas TV Web site. Bonus: the commentary's in Spanish, so no Matt Striker or Vampiro.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Car Destruction deathmatch was WILDLY disappointing
qamBykQ.gif

This was the only car spot in the whole damn thing from those Garoga snake oil peddlers. Kasai would have lit the car on fire and gotten piledriven on it or something.

I got in too. Was pretty happy to see Lucha Underground on demand.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Car Destruction deathmatch was WILDLY disappointing

This was the only car spot in the whole damn thing from those Garoga snake oil peddlers. Kasai would have lit the car on fire and gotten piledriven on it or something.

On an older Smackdown, there's an Eddie Guerrero vs Cena match that's a..car something match. It was actually really good, I enjoyed it.

9/11/03 episode of SD, actually. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x201ehf_wwe-smackdown-2003-john-cena-vs-eddie-guerrero_sport

If this had USA and SyFy on it it would be a no brainer for $20.

Sling, Hulu, and Netflix covers pretty much everything. Would like FX and FXX but you can just wait a year for the new content. Hope they eventually are able to give people access to on demand channel sites like Adult Swim gold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kazunari Murakami is wrestling again.
...He still blows.
On an older Smackdown, there's an Eddie Guerrero vs Cena match that's a..car something match. It was actually really good, I enjoyed it.

9/11/03 episode of SD, actually. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x201ehf_wwe-smackdown-2003-john-cena-vs-eddie-guerrero_sport

I've seen it. They turned it into a match type in one of the Smackdown games too. Regal and Finlay had one in WCW as well. But I saw 'Car death match' and got really excited because, to me, the enjoyment around death match wrestling has nothing to do with blood and everything to do with ridiculous, done way over the top gimmicks like exploding pools, scorpions, pirahna tanks, etc. So I had lofty expectations of this. They had a bunch of kids sign the car before they used it, so that might have been why it wasn't too hardcore. But I doubt it because I just watched a FREEDOMS light tube match, and there's kids everywhere.

Heroman

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;151043513 said:
go out to party and miss being lumped in as a "beast man", goddamn friday night wrasslegaf just can't be missed RIGHT HERE ON THE SUPERSTATION, TBS.
Beast men?

Cowboy Bebop has fantastic style, but it's held up as this bastion of substance when it isn't all that deep and I think that's only because it trounces pretty much every other popular, well-known work within the medium in that regard.

Cowboy Bebop has fantastic style, but it's held up as this bastion of substance when it isn't all that deep and I think that's only because it trounces pretty much every other popular, well-known work within the medium in that regard.

It's considered to be a bastion of substance? personally my high praise for it is simply being damn fun and enjoyable throughout, it's not that I'd consider it deep, more that it's just deep enough.

It's considered to be a bastion of substance?

It's often touted as such, yes. It uses the tools of noir cinema very effectively, but that's all a matter of direction and I think people mistake it for substance, when there's little subtlety to the storytelling or much depth to the characters in general. It's still a highly enjoyable ride, however, and up there with my favourites in anime, but I also think it's definitely overrated.

Kaladin

Maker TV.....I had no idea this existed. It's a channel of youtube videos. Seriously, they're showing a series that is nothing but guys playing Diablo III.

Carnby

A few weeks ago I noticed my hair is thinning. This sucks. I used to have thick beautiful hair. Now i have a bigger forehead. Blah.

To you young ones, don't get cocky. I used to say "it will never happen to me". Even in my early 30s my hair was still thick. It didn't happen until I was 34.

Anyways, any other balding wrassleGAFers up in here?

Top Bottom