• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Feel like I'm going to get a phone call soon.

'Hi, Mr. Data, we noticed you're watching a lot of videos about cults and shoot outs and bombs and pro wrestling and Persona 5. We just wanted to make sure everything's ok.'

DiscoJon

Banned
Freckle got banned again? What the he'll is going on in this thread?
austinuuw.jpg

Their Twitter interactions tell me that this is a very FnP feud. I always see Inspire Pro posters in my twitter feed, it looks like a real fun, solid promotion, too.

Inspire Pro is my local, (I guess I've officially made the switch from ACW,) but even if it wasn't, it'd easily be in my top 3 indies. I heard one national blogger describe it basically as "like watching PWG from a couple years ago, but without all the reliance on ROH talent" or something like that. As a huge PWG fan, I'd say this is pretty accurate, except there is no Inspire Pro equivilent to BOLA (a plus for PWG) and Inspire Pro's angles are generally more fully-cooked (a plus for Inspire.)

I wish more of their stuff was taped

All of their stuff is taped. The first year of shows were actually all free on the YouTube channel, and everything else is on SmartMark and Amazon now. The production values of the free shows is nothing compared to the production values of the latest shows though.

There was something uh...weird...going on with SmartMark for a while, where they had their videos, but weren't selling them. But that seems to be resolved now, although last time I checked, you still can't just type "Inspire Pro" into the search engine on the SmartMark site, so that still sucks. They do have all the shows online for DVD, MP4 or VOD though up to the October show "BattleWars" (the show with Chikara) which will be released next week. You can search for the shows via Google, or hit up @inspireprowres on Twitter and they'll send you the SmartMark page links, if you can't find them just through site navigation.

Inspire's November show was actually the big annual three-day FunFunFunFest music festival, and since tickets to that were like $180, Inspire decided to tape the matches and put them up for free on the YouTube channel as well. There was no December show.

So pretty much every show is available to view except the one from Jan. and the one that is happening next Sunday.

If somebody asked me like how to jump in without watching all the shows or buying all the DVDs: If you're a storyline guy, I'd say unless you are a big women's wrestling fan, you could easily start with the June "Clash at the Bash," or even the July "No Way Out" show, and get the latest release, "Relentless" and you'd be able to slide into pretty much most of the angles in those three shows and be totally ready for all the upcoming releases. There was only one major angle shot during the FunFunFunFest, and that's free on YouTube. If you just want one show to try, wait for "BattleWars" next week.

With as much buzz as Inspire has garnered, and with all the sellouts, it's sometimes hard to remember that it's still a very, VERY young promotion. If you count the three days of FunFunFunFest as one show, I think this next show will be Inspire's 15th event. That's not a lot of shows at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I ain't talking about the G-Frecks. Though he shoulda known better.
iX9CxDr6IAx6Y.gif

Mother fuckers who just show up in the OT and talk shit about it or insult others, without contributing to it whatsoever themselves, don't get Omerta.

Nooooooooooooooo, old man Tenryu :(

Headlines in Japan right now are stating that “Mr. Wrestling” Genichiro Tenryu has officially announced his retirement today, February 7th. There will be an official press conference on the 9th, in Tokyo, as Tenryu will make the formal announcement himself. It was also hinted that he will be competing in his final match at the end of this year.

The 65 year old veteran, who is known as a Mr. Wrestling as well as the Living Legend of Japanese Pro-Wrestling, has been adamant about competing even in recent years with injuries piling up, but it seems he has finally decided to come to the final chapter of his career. Tenryu has competed in marital arts for 51 years of his life with him being in sumo before becoming a professional wrestler in November of 1976.

Tenryu is a multi-crown champion holding belts from the NWA, AJPW, NJPW and others. With Tenryu currently holding the record for the oldest crown champion for both the Triple Crown Heavyweight belt (52) and the IWGP Heavyweight belt (49). Tenryu recently competed in All Japan once more where he celebrated the anniversary of his mentor Giant Baba’s passing in a match.

Tenryu’s retirement is not expected to be happening due to any sort of illness or injury as some might suggest, but just appears to be a matter as the time is right.

Mr2IUyG.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's too bad Bam Bam debuted when he did with the WWF. I was just thinking how perfectly he would have fit the Nailz gimmick instead of Kevin Kelly.

Here's the sign-up page;

https://njpwworld.com/signup

You have to have a valid credit/debit card for the trial and it WILL charge you, but you'll be reimbursed at the end of the month. Remember there's a drop drown box on the bottom right of the page, if you set the language to English it'll auto-translate everything.

miserable

Here's the sign-up page;

https://njpwworld.com/signup

You have to have a valid credit/debit card for the trial and it WILL charge you, but you'll be reimbursed at the end of the month. Remember there's a drop drown box on the bottom right of the page, if you set the language to English it'll auto-translate everything.

ah i see
well that's too bad, i don't have any money on my debit card so i guess no NJPW for me

Alucard

Banned
D*mn, I'm watching Dolemite on da El Rey network, did you know they show a** and t*tties on this channel as well as drop f-bombs? I haven't watched Lucha Underground yet but is this any indication of what I can expect?

Not on Lucha Underground. They do say "ass" and "bitch," but I'm not sure if it's with the same amount of conviction as Roman Reigns.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kerry Von Erich was on Prime Time Wrestling and towards the end of it, Jamison showed up. And I was praying that Kerry would discus punch him through a wall, but he didn't.

WCCW Kerry would have done it. He also did a promo about God, doing your homework and taking care of your family too.

Terry Funk really didn't last long in 80s WWF, or at least from what I can tell from watching what shows are on the WWE Network. He had a title shot against Hulk and then disappeared.

Watching the Tokorozawa show on NJPWorld and man this is crawling. Hopefully a lot of people are trying the free month. I'll try again after Japan goes to sleep.

- Alexa Bliss is super.

- That Jeff hardy bump doesnt look as bad as the phone video but its still super stupid.

- Ya'll need to give up on them not pushing Super Reigns all the way to mania. Even if it becomes clear to everyone its a bad plan anyway they will do it just to see what happens then have Seth cash in the night after. They have to try.

- Also I guess posting links to nudes is NOT ok? Bummer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finn Balor just oozes "awkward european" even when he's trying to be funny.
AkSm976.jpg

All of their stuff is taped. The first year of shows were actually all free on the YouTube channel, and everything else is on SmartMark and Amazon now. The production values of the free shows is nothing compared to the production values of the latest shows though.

There was something uh...weird...going on with SmartMark for a while, where they had their videos, but weren't selling them. But that seems to be resolved now, although last time I checked, you still can't just type "Inspire Pro" into the search engine on the SmartMark site, so that still sucks. They do have all the shows online for DVD, MP4 or VOD though up to the October show "BattleWars" (the show with Chikara) which will be released next week. You can search for the shows via Google, or hit up @inspireprowres on Twitter and they'll send you the SmartMark page links, if you can't find them just through site navigation.

Inspire's November show was actually the big annual three-day FunFunFunFest music festival, and since tickets to that were like $180, Inspire decided to tape the matches and put them up for free on the YouTube channel as well. There was no December show.

So pretty much every show is available to view except the one from Jan. and the one that is happening next Sunday.

If somebody asked me like how to jump in without watching all the shows or buying all the DVDs: If you're a storyline guy, I'd say unless you are a big women's wrestling fan, you could easily start with the June "Clash at the Bash," or even the July "No Way Out" show, and get the latest release, "Relentless" and you'd be able to slide into pretty much most of the angles in those three shows and be totally ready for all the upcoming releases. There was only one major angle shot during the FunFunFunFest, and that's free on YouTube. If you just want one show to try, wait for "BattleWars" next week.

With as much buzz as Inspire has garnered, and with all the sellouts, it's sometimes hard to remember that it's still a very, VERY young promotion. If you count the three days of FunFunFunFest as one show, I think this next show will be Inspire's 15th event. That's not a lot of shows at all.

oh wow, I must not have looked hard enough, which is probably true. When I looked i only found like two shows, and then the ones on their youtube page. Thanks for the info, my man! Gonna have to add Clash at the Bash to my watchlist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boots just needs to accept that Tenryu hasn't been a prime grumpy old man in years. Not since like 2005-2006. Despite the title grumpy old man, there's a age cap. Wrestling in a t-shirt is that age cap.

Behold, the new generation of grumps
tumblr_ncbfxyTzwz1t3w7eio1_400.gif

o.gif

tumblr_n1hsmrjJOH1sbzhteo1_400.gif

May their reigns be long and full of kicking smug young shits. And Takayama's stroke makes him extra extra grumpy.

Top Bottom