• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Random Fav 5?

5. Coffee + Donuts
4. Why the fuck is it already hot in SoCal wtf
3. Finding time to read comix
2. Going to see Joyce Manor on Saturday
1. Watching every goddamn movie that comes out on DVD, good and bad

5 ranom thoughts watching wcw on the network.

1. Arn's DDT's are amazing.
2. I rolled my eyes at all the Glacier promos and I end up actually liking his matches
3. Juventud has been having some sloppy matches.
4. Nick Patrick is great.
5. The night NWO took over WCW was underwhelming.

joelseph

Five Random 80s Movies Everyone Should See

5) Back to the Future
4) Ghostbusters
3) Empire Strikes Back
2) Commando
1) RoboCop

Better than Robocop

MV5BMTM4NDYyMTgyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTEwMTY5._V1_.jpg

Fave five USA network shows
1. Silk Stalkings
2. WWF Livewire
3. Street Fighter cartoon
4. Chrisley Knows Best
4. The one where the beach cops ride bicycles to thwart crime.

Fave Random Things:

3. Country Music

Hey, Sandman, you heard of Hayseed Dixie? They're not 'serious' bluegrass or anything, mostly doing covers of popular songs, but I just saw them live in London last Friday and they put on a real fun show. Also, I'll use that as a segway into my real question; do you have any recommendations for country/bluegrass/folk bands with some kick-ass mandolin? I got one a while back and would like to discover some more songs to learn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Sandman, you heard of Hayseed Dixie? They're not 'serious' bluegrass or anything, mostly doing covers of popular songs, but I just saw them live in London last Friday and they put on a real fun show. Also, I'll use that as a segway into my real question; do you have any recommendations for country/bluegrass/folk bands with some kick-ass mandolin? I got one a while back and would like to discover some more songs to learn.

Boots, I know you love to improve your writing so I'm doing this for you. I don't want you gettin' mad, but it's "segue" my friend.

Queen's English, etc etc.

Kaladin

Hayseed Dixie is okay if I'm in a covers mood, they do some of the better metal bluegrass covers, and they were doing it before it was cool.

For mandolin, check out The .357 String Band or Jayke Orvis and The Broken Band. Both feature the same mandolin player Jayke Orvis and both are now broken up. Orvis is kind of between bands now.

I don't see you coming up with any better careers for me smart guy

If I can be serious for a moment (some of these may not apply since you're in Canada):

US News & World Report 100 Best Jobs of 2015:
1. Dentist
2. Nurse Practitioner
3. Software Developer
4. Physician
5. Dental Hygienist
6. Physical Therapist
7. Computer Systems Analyst
8. Information Security Analyst
9. Registered Nurse
10. Physician Assistant

Glassdoor's 25 Best Jobs in America for 2015:
1. Physician Assistant
2. Software Engineer
3. Business Development Manager
4. Human Resources Manager
5. Finance Manager
6. Marketing Manager
7. Database Administrator
8. Product Manager
9. Data Scientist
10. Sales Manager

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev is the best thing in WWE for me right now. It's so simple and I'm honestly surprised at how well they've booked it and hooked people in. However a ton of credit needs to go to Lana and Rusev for making it really believable. When the flag botched last week, the way Lana and Rusev reacted was brilliant. They never missed a beat, totally stayed in character and improvised well.

What I've also really enjoyed is watching the shows from the 80s on The Network and comparing Rusev and Nikolai Volkoff; it's two similar gimmicks but done in entirely different ways. I'm sort of hoping that there's a 'PLEASE STAND FOR THE RUSSIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM' at Wrestlemania, the heat will be nuclear.

Rusev is wonderful. Rusev crush everything. I hope he gets a long and storied career, but it kinda feel like we're approaching when His Time Is Up.

However, the real "work" part of his upcoming match with Cena is how they berry Cena, because they know the US Title is an anchor and will finish Cena, so he can't possibly win!

jmdajr

If I can be serious for a moment (some of these may not apply since you're in Canada):

US News & World Report 100 Best Jobs of 2015:
1. Dentist
2. Nurse Practitioner
3. Software Developer
4. Physician
5. Dental Hygienist
6. Physical Therapist
7. Computer Systems Analyst
8. Information Security Analyst
9. Registered Nurse
10. Physician Assistant

Glassdoor's 25 Best Jobs in America for 2015:
1. Physician Assistant
2. Software Engineer
3. Business Development Manager
4. Human Resources Manager
5. Finance Manager
6. Marketing Manager
7. Database Administrator
8. Product Manager
9. Data Scientist
10. Sales Manager

Computers/Health or GTFO

tm24

Thank you for this, but damn that's a rough camera. Will watch in full later.

Wanna know whats rough? There's a Titan vs Cavenario Barbario match that was said to be the best of both their careers that there exists no footage of because CMLL believes that TV hurts their live product, and not the fact that they have 4 shitty cards a week.

Seriously people, lucha is fucking carny as shit

Top Bottom