• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Alucard

Banned
Okay Lucha underground is indeed awesome, it's an hour of my favorite aspects of WCW's midcard.

I don't know everyone's names yet, but I really enjoyed the matches with the tag team dressed like stereotypical mexican gangsters & Angelico, Cage also surprised me with his moveset.

Welcome to the team. LU is a gift from the pro wrestling gods. Tons of fun each and every week.

Yeah the only downside to Lucha Underground is its over way to quickly. They are doing a great job of introducing new talent but having certain guys off the show for a week or two at a time is jarring though. Can we give LU Raws 3rd hour and kill 2 birds with one stone?

Sephzilla

Road Dogg drops a little "with my baby tonight" in the latest Countdown. I actually marked a little bit.

Edit: I.R.S. should have been #1

Yeah the only downside to Lucha Underground is its over way to quickly. They are doing a great job of introducing new talent but having certain guys off the show for a week or two at a time is jarring though. Can we give LU Raws 3rd hour and kill 2 birds with one stone?

Its great that LU ends before I want it to. So much better than fast forwarding through entire segments of RAW. But yeah they are going to run into issues giving everyone time given the number of CA indy guys that have signed but not show up yet.

UberTag

LU is perfectly paced as an hour-long show. It's good to keep your audience starved for more.

Nobody's forcing you to sit through 3 hours of RAW each week. Just watch the 90-minute Hulu version and you'll find it much more enjoyable.
Just ask Bryan Alvarez.

Does Meltzer watch it on Hulu?

meltzer_chat.jpg

The commentary is fantastic as well, they really go into the psychology of a match, what's it like wrestling an opponent that's much shorter, putting the hands on a stomach during a pin to make it harder for the opponent to breathe, paying attention to when they're gassed to go for the kill. Matt has pretty deep wrestling knowledge.

I was surprised that they use WWE finisher names instead of the technical terms for moves though (codebreakers and F5's).

somedevil

Meltzer watches it live.

Anyone seeing Darren Young twitter complaint about the WWE going to the Middle East?

"Why do we bring the best entertainment into a country like abu dhabi and they look down upon women and gays? I get it! #MillionsofDollars"

Deleted that but still going at it on twitter. Should the WWE go there when they do look down on gays and women and won't be changing there stance anytime soon?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Meltzer watches it live.

Anyone seeing Darren Young twitter complaint about the WWE going to the Middle East?

Deleted that but still going at it on twitter. Should the WWE go there when they do look down on gays and women and won't be changing there stance anytime soon?
Just took a look, he seems upset.

Fox318

Meltzer watches it live.

WWE looks down on women and gays.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Meltzer watches it live.

If that was a standard to be set then there's not many places WWE would be able to go.

Just look at all those tangents and lost train of thought. That's the thing about trains, they were touted as the next big thing and in 1887 it looked like it was going to happen. When John D. Rockefeller, founder of Standard Oil, previously Standard Oil Ohio, bought out the Pennsylvania Railroad Company as a part of his vertical integration strategy. At five feet and eleven inches and 185 pounds, he was an average Protestant build with the psychological tools to overcome them. You know, around this time there was talk of Carnegie being the guy or Vanderbilt, but they just couldn't quite reach the summit like John did. It reminded me of the great Khubla Khan in a way as at one point, even in retirement, that John owned 90 percent of USA produced oil, also known as petroleum. And this is a guy who was considered retired for forty years. So when people and such like to talk about Cena being on top for eight years, just note that he wasn't the only Juan or John to achieve such dominance.

NYR

March thread should be called:

March Wrasslin' |OT| TV Ratings Down? Better Call Saul!

That show is going to destroy RAWs ratings when it goes to its normal Monday slot.

Told ya

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/551255-29-wwe-raw-viewership-drops-15-to-lowest-numbers-of-the-year

Monday’s episode of WWE RAW dropped 634,000 viewers (almost 15%) from last week’s show.

The first hour kicked off with 3,786,000 people, fell to 3,670,000 in the second hour, and finished with a low of 3,518,000.

While it would be easy to blame the drop in viewership on RAW’s main event, which featured Big Show and Kane teaming up for the second time in the night, the show only lost 268,000 eyes from the first hour to the last, which is considerably less than most weeks.

Fox318

If you go by this generalization don't you mean the United States looks down on women and gays because we work with them as well.

US has always worked with nations like that sadly.

When it comes to promoting region stability the US often has backed some bad regimes.

On the other side I don't think ignoring them like Cuba or grandstanding nations to change there way does anything.

International politics has always been a mess.

Just look at all those tangents and lost train of thought. That's the thing about trains, they were touted as the next big thing and in 1887 it looked like it was going to happen. When John D. Rockefeller, founder of Standard Oil, previously Standard Oil Ohio, bought out the Pennsylvania Railroad Company as a part of his vertical integration strategy. At five feet and eleven inches and 185 pounds, he was an average Protestant build with the psychological tools to overcome them. You know, around this time there was talk of Carnegie being the guy or Vanderbilt, but they just couldn't quite reach the summit like John did. It reminded me of the great Khubla Khan in a way as at one point, even in retirement, that John owned 90 percent of USA produced oil, also known as petroleum. And this is a guy who was considered retired for forty years. So when people and such like to talk about Cena being on top for eight years, just note that he wasn't the only Juan or John to achieve such dominance.
Post of the year

Fox318

Really is every radio podcast.

Its always great when Dave uses a baseball metaphor and Bryan has no idea what a baseball even looks like.

idFudQJ.gif

Top Bottom