• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

jmdajr

Good to see D-Von and D-Von both are back in Triple H's good graces.

url_zpsbr3pysw8.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta admit, the new issue of the Observer has a very well-reasoned and clear discussion on why Bryan isn't "the guy" - can't find any fault with it.

Heel

I think we all need to step outside of the WrassleGAF bubble and get some fresh takes on the WWE, directly from the Universe:

Sergio Ciccolella
i want to see good match Triple H vs Sting....... i want Triple H to win this for me come on Triple H..... i know you will win this for please you have OK just win do not let me down OK you have to win this for me and your Authority please Triple H you got to win OK win this for my NAME is SERGIO all you need to do is win..... i know you will do it for me Triple H cant you please do not for me thanks for your time Triple H see you on MONDAY night RAW see you very soon bye for now...... bye one more thing you have to win that all for now thanks Triple H

undefined [[[[griffin
the entire show is scripted. nothing happened at RR that was not by design. kurtis was attacked because that was what erik rowan was supposed to do. roman one because he was supposed too. where is the controversy really. it is WWE's show and WWE's employee's to do what they want. If people don't like the show don't watch it but don't wast everyones time and energy complaining about things being fair in a fictional show.

james rizk
Guys all of you needs to understand 1 point in last some years many legends left WWE, those people can't been replaced in 2 weeks you need some times for this.
Bray is the next undertaker
RR is the next Rock
Ryback is Batista
Dolph is a new type of show off
Seth is the future Cena, the new age one.
Dean is the new Kane.
And so one we are in a new aptitude era and we are rebuilding the hole Roster, with new faces and personality, You will see at WM31 Bray will start winning and it will be a new constant .....So in short be patient

Mohamed Diagne
sheamus vs daniel brian at wrestle mania 31 please.i am from Sénégal west africa and i love sheamus get back this raw please

mike kite
Brock Lesnar two king of the rings in Kane and Big Show and gave them both F5 like it was nothing so going into the Rumble you knew that both these guy would want to win and get their hands on Brock and they ran though the roster sorry if you can't keep up but it all made sense!

georgepassmore4
Paige ned to wein the math ples ????

Debbie Brown
Roman Reigns has saved Daniel Bryan, every match since he has cone back. After Daniel, saying that Roman only one with help from the Rock. I think he is on his on now. So Kain just might put him out,because he has been out to hurt him bad.

jmdajr

Gotta admit, the new issue of the Observer has a very well-reasoned and clear discussion on why Bryan isn't "the guy" - can't find any fault with it.

Fans care more than he does?

He's probably not a long term solution, but I wish they would milk that cow better.

I know no one here gave a second thought to what the WWE did to Titus O'Neil at the Royal Rumble, but I'd like to remind everyone reading that it's now Black History Month. Hopefully it's the start of A New Day at World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., beginning tonight at Monday Night RAW.
Maybe WWE will announce an African-American inductee to the Hall of Fame Tonight? Maybe it'll even get a great pop.

Aiii

So not worth it

The reasoning that Bryan never really proved he was a main event level draw is hard to argue, I agree. Though you can also argue he never had the chance to prove it after getting injured one month into his run at the top. I do hope he gets another chance to prove them wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Care to explain?

Just a small excerpt, subscribe to the Wrestling Observer for more.

With the exception of the Hell in a Cell match, and that may have been as much the gimmick and Shawn Michaels as referee, the Orton vs. Bryan program didn’t draw. Of course, the powers that be knew that ahead of time. One could argue that Bryan was booked not to draw and the push was a self-fulfilling prophesy. Whatever it was, for as loud as he would be cheered, if you took away the chants and looked at every way headliners are judged from a business standpoint, selling tickets, selling merchandise, quarter hour ratings, media interest, whatever, he was a solid No. 3 babyface. Which wasn’t bad for a guy who was figured to be too small and plain, with a career path figured to be closer to Tyson Kidd than John Cena.

For all the talk of listening to their audience, WWE was completely out of touch this time. The biggest problem was the scenario that happened was created by WWE. Bryan wasn’t their guy. He was 2005 Chris Benoit, who may have been cheered by the hardcores far more than Shawn Michaels and HHH before, during and after WrestleMania that year, and was even given his glory in gold-watch appreciation, but just like Bryan’s title run wasn’t for him to get over, but to set the stage for Lesnar, Benoit’s was exactly the same, designed to get over the 2005 chosen one in Orton.

It was a good analysis of why they wouldn't view Bryan as "the guy." The fans chant, but they don't pay for his merch or pay to see him. You can argue that it's because they've never booked him to be the main draw, but that's the information WWE has to go by. The injuries also take away from his appeal to the company as "the guy."

Pizoxuat

I wanted to sign up for the NJPW trial, but every time I click on the Press for Trial it just brings up a huge list of tags.

Heel

Peggy Westbrook
trple h want to go head to head with sting you have to know that triplr h is going to set up a trap for sting because I know triple h and he can't be trusted as far as roman vs brock well I hope roman take the wwe championchip belt away from him I have a better idea why don't triple h have a no hold a steel gage match like hell in a cell where their no way out the only waY TO WIN IS TO HAVE THEM SAY I QUIT BUT YOU KNOW THAT TRIPLE H WON'T AGREE TO IT BECAUSE HE NOT A MAN LONWOLF

Peggy gets it.

Heel

michael schmidt
everyone listen. dont be mad that Reigns won. Daniel Bryan was actually scripted to win. but when he was supposed to low bridge the ropes, eliminating the guy who was charging at him, he forgot to low bridge. that mistake caused him to be eliminated. so if you people wanna blame someone for Daniel Bryan not winning it, blame the person responsible for it. Daniel Bryan.

Whoa, did Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter pick up on this?

I like how for Black History Month WWE uploaded a bunch of stuff highlighting the success black wrestlers had anywhere but working for the McMahons.
Just like the flawed Atlantic article, "Pro Wrestling Is Fake, But Its Race Problem Isn't", you forgot to factor in half African-Canadian Superstar, The Rock.

Did you actually read what was written or just read what you wanted to read? It wasn't about Bryan being "the guy" because he's never been positioned as such. It was more about Reigns NOT being the guy.

jmdajr

Is Reigns merch flying off the shelves? How about them house show draws?
Are they expecting these things AFTER the crowing?

Also.

RANDY ORTON!

Toki767

Are there any indications that Reigns is the guy? Are people buying tickets to see him, merchandise, etc...?

I kind of feel like he has less going for him in that department than Bryan, but because of his look, all of that suddenly doesn't matter (for the time being).

Are there any indications that Reigns is the guy? Are people buying tickets to see him, merchandise, etc...?

I kind of feel like he has less going for him in that department than Bryan, but because of his look, all of that suddenly doesn't matter (for the time being).

Is Reigns merch flying off the shelves? How about them house show draws?
Are they expecting these things AFTER the crowing?

Absolutely both true. Reigns is not drawing like you'd expect given the push. But these exact metrics were used against Bryan last year.

Just goes to show you how meaningless they are unless WWE has a narrative.

Bryan asking for a match with Ziggler is dumb as shit. They will get 10 minutes tops and it tells Vince that Bryan sees himself below the main event.
He should just stay quiet and trust the #YesMovement to handle the situation and get him into the main event of Wrestlemania.

jmdajr

The Authority @WWEsAuthority
Follow

Per the Office of The Authority: @WWE COO @TripleH will make his announcement at the beginning of #Raw this evening.

Nice. Then I can take a three hour nap and wake up for the interview!

edit: I kid though. I must see Reigns. He's reached Sin Cara level. I know something is bound to go wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly kind of surprised DC Comics hasn't come down on them for calling it the "Superman Punch".

...do you want to contact DC's legal team and see if we can get it shut down? I'm honestly curious if we could.

Depends on how you feel about Bryan

You took it out of context. The analysis was more about Bryan as compared to Reigns and there's nothing to indicate Bryan isn't a better choice. But they'll never pick him. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Here's some more quotes

The problem with Bryan is that when he comes out with his size and the way he looks is that someone with a producer eye is simply going to think he can’t be the guy.

When Bryan breaks into mainstream, whether it was apprehending a robber or his chant being a part of the San Francisco Giants World Series win, the company ignored it on their own programming.

Sephzilla

...do you want to contact DC's legal team and see if we can get it shut down? I'm honestly curious if we could.

If WWE isn't directly profiting on the term "Superman Punch" then I don't think there's anything they could do. But I'm not even remotely close to an expert on these kind of things.

Top Bottom