• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

women on the main roster have been treated like shit for as long as I can remember, the fans are trained to not care about them, though one of the good things about the PG era is they're not sexually exploited anymore

except that they almost always resort to some sort of pseudo lesbian shit in their matches.

Xater

It really is a travesty what they've done to the women on the main roster. They have women who can work and they just shut them down. Paige, AJ, Nikki to an extent, Summer, Emma, Alicia. All of them could put on good to great matches and they don't get the chance. I think the women in NXT are better than most of them, but I do think the main roster women for the most part are good.

Speaking of which, what happened to Tamina? She had that ACL injury and was supposed to be back around the end of the year. We haven't heard from her since.

Problem is for everyone that can somewhat work they have another one that is terrible. basically all the women they called up just for the looks and had like only a couple of months in developmental.

I do understand the frustration of the women though. It is a shame what they have done to that part of the main roster.

Problem is for everyone that can somewhat work they have another one that is terrible. basically all the women they called up just for the looks and had like only a couple of months in developmental.

I do understand the frustration of the women though. It is a shame what they have done to that part of the main roster.

I disagree. The only ones who outright cannot work are Cameron, Eva, and Rosa. The rest can go to some degree. Passable at the very least and really great at the best.

MC Safety

I don't want to see the Bellas at all. That shit on Smackdown on commentary was awful.

Every two seconds on Total Divas: Blah, blah, blah, Bella brand. It's like the low point of man's existence listening to these vapid women obsess over their merchandise.

Oddly, Total Divas is totally watchable aside from the Bellas.

I had never heard the story about how Ken Anderson became Ken Kennedy. Apparently he was forced to change his name by Vince because "Vince said he hates Ole Anderson so your last name can't be Anderson".

Every two seconds on Total Divas: Blah, blah, blah, Bella brand. It's like the low point of man's existence listening to these vapid women obsess over their merchandise.

AHHHH!! Why would you say those two words together!? I want to rip my ears off every time I hear "Bella Brand." If you made s drinking game out of taking a shot every time one of them said that you'd be dead before the show was half over.

Yeah it's crazy how much progress the Bella's have made, especially Nikki. They were complete and utter shit just two or three years ago.

Too bad they both learned how to cut promos and bury your opponent from John Cena.

I saw a few of those NXT spoilers, only ones about the people used, and

3lVOtOu.gif

I'm sure it'll all be cool in the end, but srsly wat
OH SHIT

AND THE NEWS WITH
RHYNO
OH SHIT YES

DREAM MATCH.

Best part about TD is crazy ass Natalia. Which is the total opposite from her role in Countdown... she sucks in those, second only to the Miz.

Speaking of women, the main event of the next SHINE show looks awesome. The whole event will probably be great as always, but the main event looks especially great.

Hasney

I didn't see the full spoilers in one post, so here are DEM NXT SPOILERS. Really hot shit in terms of direction.

Dark match: Chad Gable def. Mike Rallis

Week 1:

- Show opens with a pre taped promo with William Regal saying that Kevin Owens doesn't run the place and that Owens will fight Adrian Neville in a non title match.

- Kevin Owens comes out for a promo saying he never lied about who he was and that everything he did was for him and his family. He said Sami Zayn is the past and he is focusing on the future and Finn Balor

- Rhyno def. Elias Sampson

- Backstage promo with Finn balor when Rhyno walks by and looks at him.

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady (w/Carmella) def. The Vaudevillains. Before the match, Enzo and Cass tell the Vaudevillains they have had their opportunities at the Tag Titles, now Enzo and cass are focused on getting theirs. After the match, Blake and Murphy talk trash to Enzo and Cass and tell Carmella that she can leave those two sewer rats and join them.

- Backstage promo with Adrian Neville talking about his match with Kevin Owens.

- CJ Parker comes out to the ring, upset that he wasn't on Takeover. He says NXT is over and he's shutting it down. He takes yellow caution tape and starts wrapping it around the ring. The tron starts to flicker and this leads to Solomon Crowe coming from the crowd and laying out CJ.

-Sasha Banks def. Blue Pants in a non title match

- Kevin Owens def. Adrian Neville in a non title match. Fantastic match. Make sure you see it.

Week 2:

- Hideo Itami def. Bull Dempsey. Tyler Breeze attacks Hideo after the match, but Hideo makes a comeback.

- The Lucha Dragons def. Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan when Jordan walks out on Tye.

- After the match, Tye is in the ring and says he won't leave until Jordan comes back out. He doesn't care who is in the next matchm he will fight them too. Out comes Baron Corbin.

- Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger

- Becky Lynch def. Bayley

- Finn Balor def. Brian Kendrick. Kevin Owens comes out for commentary but leaves halfway through. He comes back after the match and throws Riley over the announce table.

Week 3:

- Tyler Breeze def. Adam Rose

- Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy def. Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins

- Baron Corbin def. Tony Briggs. During the match, Kevin Owens comes out and stands over Alex Riley the entire time. Owens dumps a bottle of water on Riley and Riley has to be held back by Jason Albert. Riley storms off the set.

- Solomon Crowe def. Bull Dempsey

- Sasha Banks def. Charlotte in an NXT Women's Title Match. Another fantastic match. Charlotte got a standing ovation as she left.

Week 4:

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady def. the Lucha Dragons

- Alexa Bliss def. Carmella

- Alex Riley def. CJ Parker. Kevin Owens comes out after the match and says he's going to end Alex's in ring career.

- Tyler Breeze def. Hideo Itami

Notes:

- Building was not 100% full, although that's not unusual the night after a Takeover special.

- The crowd popped huge for all of the returning faces.

- Before the final match of the night, they held a raffle for a replica NXT title signed by all of the participants from NXT Takeover: Rival. The raffle was won by a kid fighting several disabilities. Ric Flair presented him with the belt and the crowd gave him a standing ovation. Good stuff.

- Blue Pants had a tron video and music, although it was just Colin's singing of The Price is Right song.

- Outside of his name being mentioned by Kevin Owens in the first segment, there was no other mention of Sami Zayn to the live crowd.

- NXT returns to Full Sail on February 18 for another TV taping.

It's sad that Ivelisse will probably never get another shot in NXT. She's the best in the world right now in terms of women in the ring, and the gimmick she plays in Shine would be a great addition to the NXT roster. She's just a killer. Goes out and gets shit done. The MMA stuff she incorporates into her work is so good. WHY MUST YOU BE SO HARD TO WORK WITH IVELISSE?

the women's 4 way title match was the best match on the recent nxt special with no qualifications.

i don't even KNOW if the likes of the bellas are capable of doing that, although from what i understand paige definitely is and when she first came up she got a little bit of decent play up there but was quickly put through the 'Diva' sausage machine.

what's stopping them from treating the women's division in WWE like they do in NXT? i mean nobody gives a shit what is going on with the women's matches in WWE. once every few months they get to go for longer than 5 minutes and it's always a better use of time.

i get that the WWE is a sexist, racist and homphobic company but is this really the main reason for it? if there's awareness to make NXT the way it is, are the people behind WWE just completely oblivious?

there's an audience to cater to with good women's matches where right now there is just a break in the show which already has an hour of commercials.

watching sasha banks i always think - she's actually really good at the ring work, but her gimmick is pretty close to a standard Divas gimmick as it is and you just know when she goes up she'll keep that and lose all the stuff that makes me interested in watching her matches and it's a depressing thought.

the women's 4 way title match was the best match on the recent nxt special with no qualifications.

i don't even KNOW if the likes of the bellas are capable of doing that, although from what i understand paige definitely is and when she first came up she got a little bit of decent play up there but was quickly put through the 'Diva' sausage machine.

what's stopping them from treating the women's division in WWE like they do in NXT? i mean nobody gives a shit what is going on with the women's matches in WWE. once every few months they get to go for longer than 5 minutes and it's always a better use of time.

i get that the WWE is a sexist, racist and homphobic company but is this really the main reason for it? if there's awareness to make NXT the way it is, are the people behind WWE just completely oblivious?

there's an audience to cater to with good women's matches where right now there is just a break in the show which already has an hour of commercials.

watching sasha banks i always think - she's actually really good at the ring work, but her gimmick is pretty close to a standard Divas gimmick as it is and you just know when she goes up she'll keep that and lose all the stuff that makes me interested in watching her matches and it's a depressing thought.

Pretty much, yeah. Vince has been down on women's wrestling ever since Medusa trashed the title on Nitro. That's why women didn't wrestle regularly on WWE programming for a while after that and were mostly valets. Then the problem was exacerbated by Big Johnny hiring a bunch of models who couldn't work, and on top of that Kevin Dunn is a sexist piece of shit who is in Vince's ear all the time. At this point he goes against what Hunter wants out of spite because he knows as well as everyone else that Hunter and Steph will fire him the moment they get the chance.

NXT is run by progressive thinkers. WWE is run by a 70 year old man and his sexist, racist, homophobic yes-men.

what was the last REALLY good women's match on the main roster? Beth Phoenix vs Eve?

Natalya vs. AJ. It was on Main Event in March of last year. Really awesome. As a technical match, it was better than Charlotte/Natalya. Longest women's title match match since about 1987. The crowd completely bought into it by the end. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Here it is on the Network. Great match.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31516557

I didn't see the full spoilers in one post, so here are DEM NXT SPOILERS. Really hot shit in terms of direction.

Week 2:

- Finn Balor def. Brian Kendrick. Kevin Owens comes out for commentary but leaves halfway through. He comes back after the match and throws Riley over the announce table.

Week 3:

- Baron Corbin def. Tony Briggs. During the match, Kevin Owens comes out and stands over Alex Riley the entire time. Owens dumps a bottle of water on Riley and Riley has to be held back by Jason Albert. Riley storms off the set.
Fuck yes. Easily worth the $10 for the month to see this go down.

Striker

Too bad they both learned how to cut promos and bury your opponent from John Cena.
That's AJ more than other Diva.

Naomi is fairly good from what I've seen. Probably the best of any other female I have watched on the main roster. Paige may have been great on NXT but she is bleh so far. Shitty feud both storyline and match wise with the supposed great performer in AJ. Awesome finisher, though. Emma probably is good too but you'd never know.

Hasney

Fuck yes. Easily worth the $10 for the month to see this go down.

Don't forget this:

Week 4:

- Alex Riley def. CJ Parker. Kevin Owens comes out after the match and says he's going to end Alex's in ring career.

I don't see how Owens ending his career will be a heel move though

Vylash

Natalya vs. AJ. It was on Main Event in March of last year. Really awesome. As a technical match, it was better than Charlotte/Natalya. Longest women's title match match since about 1987. The crowd completely bought into it by the end. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Here it is on the Network. Great match.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31516557
christ that was great, crowd was super hot and lost their shit when Natalya kept setting up for the sharpshooter

That's AJ more than other Diva.

Naomi is fairly good from what I've seen. Probably the best of any other female I have watched on the main roster. Paige may have been great on NXT but she is bleh so far. Shitty feud both storyline and match wise with the supposed great performer in AJ. Awesome finisher, though. Emma probably is good too but you'd never know.

Yeah, get that shit outta here. AJ has proven on multiple occasions that she is a great performer. Paige is great but isn't given time. Same with Emma. Naomi isn't technically good at all, but she's athletic as hell so she stands out more.

AJ/Paige didn't work for multiple reasons. One was the awful booking and another is that they just don't have chemistry in the ring as much as you'd think. Sometimes that happens. Doesn't mean either woman is bad.

Got home last night to find that my internet was out, so I had to watch NXT on my phone like a FUCKING PEASANT.

Regardless, incredible show. Everything except for the tag match (and the Bull/Corbin match I skipped) was good at worst. Great #1 Contenders match, amazing Women's Title match, and grade A storytelling in the main event. Loved the KO finish. And dat selfie stick.
Owens would look a lot better if he weren't breaking down in tears.
I was totally fine with that, as it suits his "better life for my family" thing. Also because he immediately switched into maniacal laughter.

Yeah, get that shit outta here. AJ has proven on multiple occasions that she is a great performer. Paige is great but isn't given time. Same with Emma. Naomi isn't technically good at all, but she's athletic as hell so she stands out more.

AJ/Paige didn't work for multiple reasons. One was the awful booking and another is that they just don't have chemistry in the ring as much as you'd think. Sometimes that happens. Doesn't mean either woman is bad.

No current woman wrestler on the NXT or WWE roster is "great." Maybe Charlotte, Natalya, Paige, and Becky Lynch are good.

can you point me to some examples? Not doubting her potential to be great but i can't remember a single match where i said "AJ put on an incredible show"
Promo wise she's the best no doubt.

Go watch the Natalya match I linked to earlier. That is the biggest example. Her matches with Kaitlyn were also pretty good. She worked some NXT matches in late 2013 that were really good as well.

dakun

Go watch the Natalya match I linked to earlier. That is the biggest example. Her matches with Kaitlyn were also pretty good. She worked some NXT matches in late 2013 that were really good as well.

ok i just watched the match with Natalya. AJ was good no doubt but alot of that match was about Natalya imo.
I think my biggest problem with AJ is that apart from her submission moves her offense isn't really convincing enough. And that might be because she's really small compared to the rest of the roster which is why they make her do submission moves more often than with other girls.
But it leaves most of the real offensive work throughout the match to the other participant which i thought never reflected well on her.

I still think that Natalya is the best of the bunch right now. I can totally see them giving her the title when Charlotte moves up so they can feud.

Alucard

Banned

Dark match: Chad Gable def. Mike Rallis

Week 1:

- Show opens with a pre taped promo with William Regal saying that Kevin Owens doesn't run the place and that Owens will fight Adrian Neville in a non title match.

- Kevin Owens comes out for a promo saying he never lied about who he was and that everything he did was for him and his family. He said Sami Zayn is the past and he is focusing on the future and Finn Balor

- Rhyno def. Elias Sampson

- Backstage promo with Finn balor when Rhyno walks by and looks at him.

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady (w/Carmella) def. The Vaudevillains. Before the match, Enzo and Cass tell the Vaudevillains they have had their opportunities at the Tag Titles, now Enzo and cass are focused on getting theirs. After the match, Blake and Murphy talk trash to Enzo and Cass and tell Carmella that she can leave those two sewer rats and join them.

- Backstage promo with Adrian Neville talking about his match with Kevin Owens.

- CJ Parker comes out to the ring, upset that he wasn't on Takeover. He says NXT is over and he's shutting it down. He takes yellow caution tape and starts wrapping it around the ring. The tron starts to flicker and this leads to Solomon Crowe coming from the crowd and laying out CJ.

-Sasha Banks def. Blue Pants in a non title match

- Kevin Owens def. Adrian Neville in a non title match. Fantastic match. Make sure you see it.

Week 2:

- Hideo Itami def. Bull Dempsey. Tyler Breeze attacks Hideo after the match, but Hideo makes a comeback.

- The Lucha Dragons def. Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan when Jordan walks out on Tye.

- After the match, Tye is in the ring and says he won't leave until Jordan comes back out. He doesn't care who is in the next matchm he will fight them too. Out comes Baron Corbin.

- Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger

- Becky Lynch def. Bayley

Week 3:

- Tyler Breeze def. Adam Rose

- Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy def. Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins

- Solomon Crowe def. Bull Dempsey

- Sasha Banks def. Charlotte in an NXT Women's Title Match. Another fantastic match. Charlotte got a standing ovation as she left.

Week 4:

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady def. the Lucha Dragons

- Alexa Bliss def. Carmella

- Tyler Breeze def. Hideo Itami

Notes:

- Building was not 100% full, although that's not unusual the night after a Takeover special.

- The crowd popped huge for all of the returning faces.

- Before the final match of the night, they held a raffle for a replica NXT title signed by all of the participants from NXT Takeover: Rival. The raffle was won by a kid fighting several disabilities. Ric Flair presented him with the belt and the crowd gave him a standing ovation. Good stuff.

- Blue Pants had a tron video and music, although it was just Colin's singing of The Price is Right song.

- Outside of his name being mentioned by Kevin Owens in the first segment, there was no other mention of Sami Zayn to the live crowd.

- NXT returns to Full Sail on February 18 for another TV taping.

Ehhh. That first week sounds great the rest sounds like a mixed bag.

Alucard

Banned
Paige and AJ just don't work well together which really sucks

I can't stand Paige. Watched her on Main Event this week, and her favourite thing to yell in her annoying screamy voice is "This is my house!" And then pseudo lesbian shit in the ring. Ugh.

The Divas division has virtually zero faces. Just "girls being girls" in the eyes of Vince.

Xater

I can't stand Paige. Watched her on Main Event this week, and her favourite thing to yell in her annoying screamy voice is "This is my house!" And then pseudo lesbian shit in the ring. Ugh.

The Divas division has virtually zero faces. Just "girls being girls" in the eyes of Vince.

Paige has regressed when she was called up.

Top Bottom