• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
yEZaXRQ.jpg

Do they hate their knees or something?
I like how he's still referred to as 'Triple H'.

gurudyne

Wrasslegaf, my house has turned heel on me. Came home from work yesterday, ready to watch NXT: Takeover: Rival: The Sami Zaynining. Came in ten minutes late but still caught the majority of the opening match. Very nice. Then I caught the Bull-Corbin and Dragon-Cowboys matches in their entirety and this is what's tipping me off that this house has it in for me. It's only after those matches that a foul odor comes up from the basement. Headed downstairs and found a puddle of shit water slowly spreading through my laundry room. Ended up calling city sewage and the late night local rotorooter to get the shit cleaned up. Missed all three of the last matches but (and I admit it was optimistically stupid of me to have left the stream going in the hopes of sitting down to catch a full match) somehow I managed to walk by the TV just in time to see who won each match.

Thankfully, the plumbing was fixed pretty easily (and relatively cheaply with no lasting damage!) and I was able to shower down and grab some couch for the replay. Made it through the show matches and right as Neville-Balor begins, my piece of shit router craps out. Didn't get it back up until the end of that match, which was spoiled for me yet again. Made it through the rest of the show and the clock strikes midnight. Try to go back to watch Neville-Balor, but router's out again and it's late/I'm tired. I GTS, wake up and try again, but it's too late--my subscription's expired. No Neville-Balor for me. And apparently it was the best match of the night.

More salt in the wound: router's still fucked (it's lost network connectivity three times in the time it took me to write this post) and I have to take it 30 miles out of my way tomorrow to get it replaced in the middle of the workday.

On the bright side, that was a damned fine women's match (all hail the Boss) and a great main event.

One other thing: saw some people in here earlier comparing the King of Lean's comments on Becky Lynch to JBL's commentary. I think that's unfair. Graves calls Becky a poser and actually says that she's a bad human being--but he never says that she's an inferior athlete. The worst he says is that she's unproven or opportunistic, riding the coattails of the Boss. I think that's a great way to build up some heel heat for her--even the heel commentator thinks she's a shitty person!--and gives her cardboard-flat rocker-chick gimmick some depth.

Fox318

Sports is what your father watched.

And sports is one of the few things propping up cable tv.

For as good as some cable shows are the big TV deals are to channels with live unscripted sports. WWE can market themselves as a hybrid of both in a good way.

UFC can't guarantee that every fight is going to be good. WWE should be able to do that at a higher percentage than any sport could possible do.

Fox318

Sandy wishes he was jobbing to Cena these days.

His interview on the Jericho podcast either shows he is trying to be a politician like Cena or he has just accepted that he will never be at the top of the card and that the belt doesn't matter.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
His interview on the Jericho podcast either shows he is trying to be a politician like Cena or he has just accepted that he will never be at the top of the card and that the belt doesn't matter.
What did he say

I dont want to have to listen to Jericho try and pretend he's sociable.

Fox318

What did he say

I dont want to have to listen to Jericho try and pretend he's sociable.
Its a good interview. Sandow talked about his time in Puerto Rico.

He just talked about how he knew he wouldn't have the belt and he wants it to mean something if he ever got it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wtf is going on with these
old stars
on nxt?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Its a good interview. Sandow talked about his time in Puerto Rico.

He just talked about how he knew he wouldn't have the belt and he wants it to mean something if he ever got it.
Ah. Well at least he's making the best with what's he got.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for that spoiler, A-La-Carte.

EDIT: Well, thanks for editing it out.

Cagey

Banned
Bryan and Reigns are potentially fun as an odd couple tag team.

Can they win the WWE championship together? Both pin Lesnar.

Wtf is going on with these
old stars
on nxt?

Kendrick has been around before. They bring him in some times to work with the guys at the PC. So they probably used him because he was there. As for Rhyno, I really don't know. It doesn't make any sense. I don't know why someone would be excited for Rhyno in 2015. But to each their own I guess.

rrc1594

Well guys I just hit a turning point in my life. In my 21 of years living I thought Vince started with Austin. Now I see Austin was being a dick, and stunned Vince for no reason. IT WAS AUSTIN ALL ALONG

Dante

Kendrick has been around before. They bring him in some times to work with the guys at the PC. So they probably used him because he was there. As for Rhyno, I really don't know. It doesn't make any sense. I don't know why someone would be excited for Rhyno in 2015. But to each their own I guess.

I Actually think it wouldn't be the worst idea to pair Rhyno with Bull in a tag team the tag team division needs more teams

Well guys I just hit a turning point in my life. In my 21 of years living I thought Vince started with Austin. Now I see Austin was being a dick, and stunned Vince for no reason. IT WAS AUSTIN ALL ALONG

Austin was always starting shit with Mcmahon. It's just that no one liked Mcmahon after the screwjob

Cagey

Banned
Only if you want all your wrestlers to be Big Show and Mark Henry. Is that you want?

Look at Rollins - he's cross fit mad and I expect he probably covers that ground each week no danger

Cardio kills gains. There are two types of people: people who get gains, and people who we're unsure if they lift. These are facts.

Rusev knows what's up.

NXT is really overdoing the whole "both wrestlers reluctantly shake hands after the match" thing. The one with Sasha and Dee Snider made me cringe.

deceased.

Top Bottom