• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Amiibos are rough, but thankfully I have no desire for them.

I paid a pretty steep scalper tax on a limited edition vinyl record this week, so I feel the pain of people going through that.

But I'm also done buying "STUFF" outside of music crap and clothes (okay a couple hundo for parts to fix up the motorcycle), saving up for some legit ass experiences this year like skydiving and maybe even some travel (I wanna see memphis wrasslin) if I can actually step away from the job for a few days.

jmdajr

215161632_vh4r5-l-2_20058.nphd.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You have zero commitment, friend. I thought you put me on ignore.

I'm very self aware. I think you meant to say, "You lack awareness of social realities."

I saw the jiff. It never confirmed you were being ignored. You got worked into a shoot!

wtf Space Dandy is from Shinichirō Watanabe

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME!

Because annie mae is stupid

Gun Valkyrie was a DOPE ASS GAME.

From Alvarez tonight:

WWE roster is getting pissed off that NXT wrestlers get to "wrestle" while they have to "entertain" on Raw and Smackdown. The WWE women are especially pissed off that they get 2 minute matches on Raw to set up 3 minute PPV matches, while women in NXT are blowing people away.

tumblr_nihjrzKK3s1r89qoso2_500.gif
Sports Entertainment is why my Father-in-Law did! I'm in the Wrestling business!

jmdajr

¡HarlequinPanic!;151916531 said:
Mannn, got a friend bummed about not getting a zelda 3ds, saying stuff like "I waited years for this"

No ya diddnnn'tttt c'mon~

Hey when you're still in elementary things like that matter.

I get the feeling Graves takes his punk and metal music extremely seriously and gets salty that she's using aspects of that in her gimmick. You know, "You're not using the devil horns correctly!!!" serious business.

Yeah, that sounds like a Graves Thing. Though maybe her using Lucky 13 doesn't help

Fox318

From Alvarez tonight:

WWE roster is getting pissed off that NXT wrestlers get to "wrestle" while they have to "entertain" on Raw and Smackdown. The WWE women are especially pissed off that they get 2 minute matches on Raw to set up 3 minute PPV matches, while women in NXT are blowing people away.

tumblr_nihjrzKK3s1r89qoso2_500.gif

For the women they have 5 people to blame.

Dunn
Vince
Hayes
Bellas.

Paige and Nattie could have a fucking kick ass mania match and storyline but nope. We have to push Cena's ladyfriend.

jred2k

For two people who quit WWE because they thought they could do better (and then realised they couldn't), the Bellas sure are given a lot of focus.

They put their hustle on with the PR shit. It might not make for good wrassles, but the WWE cares way more about someone fitting in on a red carpet than their work rate.

Side question for America GAF. How much do new 3DS games cost at retail in the States? Canada's dollar is shit and there is no way I'm paying over $50 for a handheld game(Majora's Mask). I just want to know how much they're putting the screws to us.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They put their hustle on with the PR shit. It might not make for good wrassles, but the WWE cares way more about someone fitting in on a red carpet than their work rate.

Side question for America GAF. How much do new 3DS games cost at retail in the States? Canada's dollar is shit and there is no way I'm paying over $50 for a handheld game(Majora's Mask). I just want to know how much they're putting the screws to us.

$40 usually.

I think they retail for 40-50 here?

The value proposition of handheld games actually keeps me away from the system, prices never seem to drop on those fuckers, and print runs are really limited. There is the eShop but...

Striker

For the women they have 5 people to blame.

Dunn
Vince
Hayes
Bellas.

Paige and Nattie could have a fucking kick ass mania match and storyline but nope. We have to push Cena's ladyfriend.
The Bellas had a better PPV match than AJ/Paige at a PPV not long ago. Then Paige-AJ had a super long feud that was forgetful outside the pseudo lesbian shit.

If the women really gave a shit about how they performed and how unfairly they're treated, they would do what Gail Kim did and quit. Or they can be like Beth Phoenix and lose to Kelly Kelly enough to also step away.

jred2k

The Bellas had a better PPV match than AJ/Paige at a PPV not long ago. Then Paige-AJ had a super long feud that was forgetful outside the pseudo lesbian shit.

If the women really gave a shit about how they performed and how unfairly they're treated, they would do what Gail Kim did and quit. Or they can be like Beth Phoenix and lose to Kelly Kelly enough to also step away.

I put a lot of the crapiness of that feud on AJ. She has been clearly coasting since she came back after Wrestle Mania. Her offence has looked terrible and she generally seems like she'd rather be anywhere else.

I wouldn't call the Bellas great, but you can tell they've been putting in time with trainers at NXT and want to be good.

Alucard

Banned
Sports Entertainment is why my Father-in-Law did! I'm in the Wrestling business!

I wonder how true it is that talent is "getting pissed." How many people specifically? It sounds a bit too general, but I'm sure there are some who are a bit frustrated or slightly annoyed that they don't get the same time as the developmental talent. Really though, who cares? They're probably getting paid more and have way more exposure.

imBask

Banned

our dollar is terrible right now :( the 2 for 1 shirt deal on the wwe shop gave me a total of about 52$ with shipping and taxes. I gave up

Striker

Bellas have been getting a lot of focus since the guest host deal. They're twins. Of course Vince likes them and wants them on TV/in stories.

I put a lot of the crapiness of that feud on AJ. She has been clearly coasting since she came back after Wrestle Mania. Her offence has looked terrible and she generally seems like she'd rather be anywhere else.

I wouldn't call the Bellas great, but you can tell they've been putting in time with trainers at NXT and want to be good.
Perhaps. AJ has this shitty way of selling where she gets bumped like a Mack truck hits her, then kicks out and regains energy like Cener does when he's on the count of 9.

Bellas aren't great but honestly I don't see it from the others either. Naomi is a super talented girl but she does diddly. Natalya goes from a Great Khali makeout buddy to farting to being something okay right now where she's with Kidd. Too many squandered pushes (Alicia 3:16 that lasted a few weeks then she disappears), stupid gimmicks (Emma), pushes often belonging to the same girls, etc.

I mean, I don't disagree. Compare her performance in the match to what she's been doing before - which is, jack shit. Everyone else had stronger performances, but i don't think that's a knock on Lynch here. It was a good as fuck match.

Have we ever had a Female Human Suplex/Submission Machine in WWE? The closest we had was Kharma. Even the Jumping Bomb Angels weren't in that mold. Maybe that's where Becky Lynch's niche is: a silent killer, a wrestling machine.

Updated EVOLVE Mania weekend line-ups;

EVOLVE 38 - March 26th;

. Non-Title: Drew Galloway vs 'Darewolf' PJ Black
. Biff Busick vs Tommy End

EVOLVE 39 - March 27th;

. Ricochet vs 'Darewolf' PJ Black
. Chris Hero vs Biff Busick
. Timothy Thatcher vs Tommy End

WWNLive Supershow - March 29th;

. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs Ricochet & Uhaa Nation
. Grudge Match: Chris Hero vs Timothy Thatcher

Daaaaaaaamn, both those Tommy End matches look fucking awesome. Hope Gabe offers a deal on buying all 3 iPPVs this year.

Showaddy

I wonder how true it is that talent is "getting pissed." How many people specifically? It sounds a bit too general, but I'm sure there are some who are a bit frustrated or slightly annoyed that they don't get the same time as the developmental talent. Really though, who cares? They're probably getting paid more and have way more exposure.

It does seem extremely general. I'm not sure how the guys at the upper end of the card could be pissed off but the lower card guys and female talent (who actually care for wrestling) are probably annoyed I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Updated EVOLVE Mania weekend line-ups;

EVOLVE 38 - March 26th;

. Non-Title: Drew Galloway vs 'Darewolf' PJ Black
. Biff Busick vs Tommy End

EVOLVE 39 - March 27th;

. Ricochet vs 'Darewolf' PJ Black
. Chris Hero vs Biff Busick
. Timothy Thatcher vs Tommy End

WWNLive Supershow - March 29th;

. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs Ricochet & Uhaa Nation
. Grudge Match: Chris Hero vs Timothy Thatcher

Daaaaaaaamn, both those Tommy End matches look fucking awesome. Hope Gabe offers a deal on buying all 3 iPPVs this year.

Kiiiiind of curious how PJ Black is gonna work out now. Looking forward to seeing Chris Hero getting bigger - should be a fun-ass match there. And yes, Tommy End, of course. You've got a soft spot in your heart for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know how much I love to see wrestlers laying their strikes in. Tommy's kicks are vicious. And yeah, excited to see what PJ Black can bring. I imagine he'll be pretty motivated.

I don't know why I didn't catch it the first time I looked but it'll be super interesting to see Black vs Galloway. What could have been...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wood is a fantastic texture. I want it on my walls, my floors, my car dashboard, everything. You know the saying.

"It looks good in wood."

DMczaf

Just bought a $11 power adapter for my god damn $200 device that did not come with anything to charge my god damn device.

God damn carny fucking Nintendo and WWE. WHY DO I GIVE BOTH OF YOU MONEY!

#GrownAssManProblems

Top Bottom