• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching this weeks RAW on 1.5x speed since I read through GAF during the show I just didn't have chance to watch it. I have come to a conclusion. Everyone's music (including the RAW theme) sounds better at 1.5 speed. Try it and give me your thoughts Wrasslefans!

It puts the show at about 2 hours, which makes EVERYTHING better.

I know when Stro reviewed his WCW shows, he did them at 1.5x to sometimes 2x

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know, Russo likes to talk like he is a successful TV writer. He's never written anything other than wrestling tv. His track record there isn't great (viewed as a whole). He's just trying to con his way to continuef relevance at this point.

I dunno pal:

Co-Executive Producer (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Executive Producer (Law and Order: Special Victims Unit)
Executive Producer (TNA Impact!)

There's a lot more.

Kaladin

Boss theme?

Viva La Raza...
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal

Mamacita, I got the passion that sat for long
Dos mujeres fall in love with the lacking charm
One woman isn't enough amigo
siempre recojiendo mas mujeres por que soy un latino
Hey, I'm tougher than tough calling you buff cause
I lie I cheat I steal
I lie I cheat I steal
I don't care if you don't like me, Everybody wants to fight me
Can You feel It?
Hey, oyelo clarowe i aint the one you want to meet
no ay nada mas caliente
i'm too hot for you
Latino heat

I can't be weak
coming from the streets at the ghetto
at the end of the week I get to keep your dinero
your fast asleep
when I sneak in your casa
your life sucks 'cuz your bankrupt
and I'm laughin'
You can't trust me ese, 'cuz I'm latin'

I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal

Boss theme.

okryda8duve.gif

In all seriousness, I can see where the Goto haters are coming from, in that there's so many more guys that deserve title shots more than him. Okada obviously, but also Shibata, Ibushi, and Naito have all gained higher IWC praise recently than Goto has. He was primed for a run a few years back, but in typical NJPW fashion they pulled him out at the last minute and plugged Tanahashi back in there.

They might give him a 2-3 month pity reign like they gave Nakanishi and Makabe, but I doubt he'll ever get a long run with the gold, if he ever gets it in the first place.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was joking about Russo's producer credits, by the way. Just wanted you all to go "he WHAT?" and look up on IMDB.

It puts the show at about 2 hours, which makes EVERYTHING better.

I know when Stro reviewed his WCW shows, he did them at 1.5x to sometimes 2x

An excellent point. Also it means Cole et al speak faster and therefore I'm listening to their AWFUL commentary for less time. I never thought I'd feel like Booker was the strongest member of that team.

In all seriousness, I can see where the Goto haters are coming from, in that there's so many more guys that deserve title shots more than him. Okada obviously, but also Shibata, Ibushi, and Naito have all gained higher IWC praise recently than Goto has. He was primed for a run a few years back, but in typical NJPW fashion they pulled him out at the last minute and plugged Tanahashi back in there.

They might give him a 2-3 month pity reign like they gave Nakanishi and Makabe, but I doubt he'll ever get a long run with the gold, if he ever gets it in the first place.

I'm a big fan of Goto's in-ring work, even if he is too stoic for his own good, but I think part of the reason I struggle to give much of a shit about him is because I don't see New Japan ever giving him a run at the top, unless it's a short pity reign as you suggested.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Goto's last big push was prematurely stuffed due to injury?

I'm a big fan of Goto's in-ring work, even if he is too stoic for his own good, but I think part of the reason I struggle to give much of a shit about him is because I don't see New Japan ever giving him a run at the top, unless it's a short pity reign as you suggested.

I think his stoicism hurts him a lot though. He doesn't have the high flying capabilities of Ibushi or Naito, the stiff-ass strikes of Shibata, or the charisma of Tanahashi, Nakamura, or Okada (or at the very least the charisma Gedo adds to Okada). He's just kinda there. He's an extremely loyal, capable, and consistent performer and works well in tags or as a quick challenger for a title defense, which is part of why I like him so much is that he's just as good in the ring as any of NJPW's top names. I also think Gedo and Jado like playing up the fact that he's never been IWGP champ. But even I'll admit he can be quite generic.

I thought Goto's last big push was prematurely stuffed due to injury?

It was thought he would win the 2013 G1 and face Okada at the Dome for the title which would be his big win, but he got injured and Naito got the spot instead. But that was mostly Bootaay and I hypothesizing. It's never been confirmed if Goto was set to win the tournament.

His bigger push was in late 2010 when everything looked like he we was going to face Kojima at Wrestle Kingdom V for the title, but he lost to Tanahashi and Kojima himself, and Tanahashi got the shot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goto needs a more in-your-face gimmick. He's already pretty pandering towards ancient Japanese culture. Get that man a fan and a little stool to sit on, and sip out of a bowl before the match and then THE EMPEROR, HIROOKI GOTO, can go to WAR.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goto needs a more in-your-face gimmick. He's already pretty pandering towards ancient Japanese culture. Get that man a fan and a little stool to sit on, and sip out of a bowl before the match and then THE EMPEROR, HIROOKI GOTO, can go to WAR.

Wrestling and Romance IS pretty great.

Dante

Wait, What's this news about Vince Russo getting involved with Lucha Underground? I just heard them mention it on The Law.

From Alvarez tonight:

WWE roster is getting pissed off that NXT wrestlers get to "wrestle" while they have to "entertain" on Raw and Smackdown. The WWE women are especially pissed off that they get 2 minute matches on Raw to set up 3 minute PPV matches, while women in NXT are blowing people away.

tumblr_nihjrzKK3s1r89qoso2_500.gif

I remarked about this after Paige and Emma's great match on the very first NXT special in February 2014. I remember telling some people if Paige and Emma really want to get called up to WWE because they would never, ever be allowed to have matches like that up there.

Lo and behold. Paige's matches never go longer than 5 minutes. Emma got saddled with Santino's comedy bullshit and is buried forever after getting arrested anyways.

Shall we do a favorite five wrestling podcasts?

I think that might be both fun and informative.

Wrestling Observer/Figure 4 podcasts
Pro Wrestling Super Show
The various PTBN reaction or roundtable shows w/ the PWO guys
Wrestling Culture
Titans of Wrestling
Where the Big Boys Play

Oh my God please bring Steiner to NXT in some way shape or form. I would pay a lifetime subscription for a suit wearing steiner to constantly shit on corbin/dempsey/everyone

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying watching the episode of GWF that's on WWE Network. Has The Ebony Experience, aka Harlem Heat before they were Harlem Heat. I grew up on GWF so it's dope to see all these old stars. Jesus christ they're a lot fatter than I remember. Time has spoiled me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just want a Steiners documentary. That's all I want. From their amateur wrestling to Rick starting off with the Varsity Club, Scott wrestling, going to Japan, going to WWF, going to WCW, splitting off.

and of course, the ribs that they could talk about on camera.

and I don't want to see 'WAHHH here's Dean Ambrose talking about the Steiners! Here's Rollins talking about them! Wahhhh' Countdown bullshit.

Paracelsus

They can wrestle on NXT because their tenure there is short and they still don't know if they have long-term value for RAW. Once it's confirmed they do, their moveset will also be nerfed for the flagship shows.

Top Bottom