• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't get it. Why are hundreds of people who haven't played the game telling someone who has played it...that he was wrong? What am I missing here?

This has been the case since the very first previews were sent out to the press. This game has an insane amount of white knights around it, even though by most accounts or seems a dull and empty shell of a game.

Nobody should want to pay full price for this game.

Showaddy

I could sort of understand the weird refusal to accept The Order might be bad if someone like Naughty Dog was making it but it's Ready At Dawn...All they've ever made is a handheld God of War game (as good as it was).

Edit: And I love my PS exclusives as much as the next guy but I'm really not hyped for this at all...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People always give Nintendo fans shit for various things but Sony really does have the most hardcore of fans. Fewer in number most likely but blind to any and all faults. This game was always a tech demo qte movie that would only fly in the launch period.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It started as a joke concept but it really has stuck with me the fact that Nathan Drake is a sociopathic mass murderer.

Thorakai

I always got the impression that The Order defense force just could not accept that a game that looks so good graphically can have gameplay so disappointing to bring the whole package down. Its the classic graphics vs gameplay that comes up a lot in system wars talk.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always got the impression that The Order defense force just could not accept that a game that looks so good graphically can have gameplay so disappointing to bring the whole package down.

Excellent way to put it. Especially considering every generation has one or two examples of this exact thing happening especially early on. It's much easier to make a game look amazing when there's almost nothing to it.

XenoRaven

PS4 is bad in terms of exclusives right now. It's going to get better soon, but you can bet your bottom dollar hardcore Sony fans are going to cling to whatever exclusives they think look decent.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So is just about every other wisecracking videogame action hero. What makes Drake stand out?

Great question. I guess coming from mainly playing the earlier Tomb Raider games which only had you killing people rarely and instead making rare ass animals extinct.

Showaddy

It started as a joke concept but it really has stuck with me the fact that Nathan Drake is a sociopathic mass murderer.

It's more that he's a super chill, funny dude in the cutscenes but has a kill count around the 1000 mark by the end of the game.

Unlike Joel who's a cunt in the cutscenes as well as a mass murderer in game.

Here's AJ hitting the Styles Clash from tonight's RevPro show, not only from the middle-rope but jumping backwards as well;

1UkVmKM.gif

My camera work is pretty shit-tier indie level, or CHIKARA in-house level. Sorry Bronson-senpai.

Here's AJ hitting the Styles Clash from tonight's RevPro show, not only from the middle-rope but jumping backwards as well;

1UkVmKM.gif

My camera work is pretty shit-tier indie level, or CHIKARA in-house level. Sorry Bronson-senpai.
Camera work still alot better than some of TNA episodes

scabro

1UkVmKM.gif

hahah did you not see the clash coming? theres like a full second delay in your reaction

Alucard

Banned

Goddammit, Bootaaaay. You're fired.

http://i.imgur.com/1UkVmKM.gif/img]

My camera work is pretty shit-tier indie level, or CHIKARA in-house level. Sorry Bronson-senpai.[/QUOTE]
Smartphone video?

AJ vs. Ospreay? How was that?

Really good, definitely one of Will's best performances and you could tell AJ was enjoying himself, he really kicked it up a gear. I'd say it's an early contender for UK match of the year.

Who is the best hoss of all time and why is it Terry Gordy?

Stan Hansen. Picking 'best hoss' is like splitting hairs when you get to Hansen/Brody/Murdoch/Gordy/Williams levels.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's hard to define a hoss because, to me, a hoss is someone who relies heavily on his size in a match. But he can't just be a giant. Like Andre isn't a hoss because he's too big to be a hoss. Adrian Adonis is built like a hoss but doesn't wrestle like one. Vader is too technical to be a hoss. Norton is built like a hoss and looks like a hoss but I see hosses as a mixture of brawler and power where as I see Norton as a mixture of power, brawler, and technical wrestling. Bam Bam is too acrobatic. Barbarian and Meng are solid choices also. I wouldn't call Warlord a hoss because he's too bulky. Yoko and Earthquake are more like giants. Like they're JUST above hoss but in the lower tier of giant.

Gordy, Morishima are good choices. Modern Takayama as well but I worry pre-stroke Takayama's too technical though he's always relied on his size.. But it's like you wouldn't call Kobashi a hoss, so it's hard to call Takayama a hoss.

But Gordy is the first face I picture when I see hoss. Him or Barbarian.
KveJIzF.gif

Can't be Dick Murdoch because who could see a hoss doing a kip-up?

A fun game to play in The Order thread is to see the dudes who photoshop out the black bars whenever they post a gif or screenshit.

Some on man. Even Sony isnt trying that hard to hide its flaws.

scabro

Oh I knew it was coming, but I'd had 3 double JD's & coke and a bunch of cider by that point, which should go some way to explaining my terrible reactions, lol.

Yeah.

just act like it was an artistic decision, and someone is sure to hire you sooner or later

UberTag

PS4 is bad in terms of exclusives right now. It's going to get better soon, but you can bet your bottom dollar hardcore Sony fans are going to cling to whatever exclusives they think look decent.
Bloodborne is almost here. But yeah, it's been a long wait for those early adopters to get rewarded by Sony proper. At least third-party teams have stepped up to fill the void.

Lorne Michaels - Vince McMahon
Chevy Chase - Ultimate Warrior
Jimmy Fallon - John Cena
Colin Jost - Roman Reigns
Bill Murray - Stone Cold
Seth Meyers - Triple H

who else you got?

Verendus

Banned
The Order is fine. It's a solid TPS. Keep the fanboy drivel out of WrassleGaf. It's like the only place where there is respite from that nonsense as it is. The sooner everyone grows up, and accepts people like different things, you'd have less of these issues. Even the embarrassing argument of which fanboys are worse has somehow made it here. They're all the same.

Top Bottom