• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Because they are oppressed like Daniel Bryan is oppressed by WWE.

Maybe Daniel Bryan realizes that his fans are the same fickle bunch that grow to loathe a performer proportionately to the length of time he holds a championship title and is deliberately asking to be kept just on the brink of the gold?

scabro

Old timey baseball gimmick would fit him like a glove. That isn't taken right?

i was thinking more along the lines of "typical socially awkward, low class, smark ass smark Full Sail University student", who crosses the line trying to get himself over in the crowd, and is thrust into the dark and frightening world of wwe developmental.

all he has to do is shave and cut his hair
p5ILX0U.jpg

Well that's a difficult thing to answer. To me, John Wick prides itself on showing the ruthless efficacy of its main character. John Wick wasn't out to hurt, just kill. No wasted motion. I particularly enjoyed how most of the kills were chest first, then headshot, because the chest is a bigger target but always double tap. Then there were the little things, like how when Wick was on top of the car pointing a shotgun at his target, he didn't jump off the car and risk slipping and losing his target, he shouldered the windshield and made his way down.

Also, whenever the movie went close combat, you could clearly see all the action, instead of this post Bourne shaky cam shit. If you feel the movie didn't satisfy some checklist you have for action movies, then that's fine. I know better then to try change someone's mind when they've made it up. But I loved John Wick, and I don't have to question if I have balls to know that.

Very well said.

Is John Wick the best pure striker in revenge action films?

One of the best. Chev Chelios and Frank Martin is up there as well.

Bryan Mills is a ham and egger.

Slizeezyc

becky lynch was the one who looked into a mirror and turned heel

unless sasha did that first and i forgot.

but sasha was never terrible. I dont remember ever specifically disliking her.

Sasha did do it first, which I think is why they had Becky do it too. Summer was the first one to devil talk in to Sasha's ear, then Sasha did it to Becky. If you don't remember that, maybe you also don't remember her being a nothing character that had no heat for a bit.

Yeah, I don't know where this "Sasha was terrible" crap came from either. Sasha was always talented from the start of her NXT run. She just didn't have a gimmick.

Just a bunch of Charlotte fans trying to bring The Boss down to the level of the Randy Orton of Divas.

I called her the best thing going today in NXT! I love Sasha. She was legit bad though for a stretch of time before going heel and finding her groove.

Carnby

Well that's a difficult thing to answer. To me, John Wick prides itself on showing the ruthless efficacy of its main character. John Wick wasn't out to hurt, just kill. No wasted motion. I particularly enjoyed how most of the kills were chest first, then headshot, because the chest is a bigger target but always double tap. Then there were the little things, like how when Wick was on top of the car pointing a shotgun at his target, he didn't jump off the car and risk slipping and losing his target, he shouldered the windshield and made his way down.

Also, whenever the movie went close combat, you could clearly see all the action, instead of this post Bourne shaky cam shit. If you feel the movie didn't satisfy some checklist you have for action movies, then that's fine. I know better then to try change someone's mind when they've made it up. But I loved John Wick, and I don't have to question if I have balls to know that.

Check lists?

Imaginary currency used in coin slots to open secret doors? *check*

God awful Marilyn Manson song played in multiple sceens? *check*

Does the Manson song rhyme "guns" with "guns" with "guns" and "runs"? *check*

Cast entirely made of has been actors and never were's? *check*

380 people die the same exact way? *check*

Stylized subtitles for no reason? *check*

The worst motivation ever in the history of revenge movies? *check*

Death Wish 3 is better? *check*

Edit: I do appreciate your reasoning.

Ithil

Yeah, I don't know where this "Sasha was terrible" crap came from either. Sasha was always talented from the start of her NXT run. She just didn't have a gimmick.

Just a bunch of Charlotte fans trying to bring The Boss down to the level of the Randy Orton of Divas.

No, she was pretty fuckin bad. I thought it even back then, her matches were really weak, and she was seriously bad in any promo or backstage segment. Even when she first turned heel she was still bad. She clicked once the focus shifted to her and she figured out that gimmick.

Even then she only started putting on good matches in the last maybe six months.

jmdajr

Jupiter Ascension wasn't that bad. Overly ambitious but falls short.

It wasn't fucking terrible. At least not to me.

Edit:John Wick is incredible.

Check lists?

Imaginary currency used in coin slots to open secret doors? *check*

God awful Marilyn Manson song played in multiple sceens? *check*

Does the Manson song rhyme "guns" with "guns" with "guns" and "runs"? *check*

Cast entirely made of has been actors and never were's? *check*

380 people die the same exact way? *check*

Stylized subtitles for no reason? *check*

The worst motivation ever in the history of revenge movies? *check*

Death Wish 3 is better? *check*

Edit: I do appreciate your reasoning.

Your argument is now hinging on whether or not death wish 3 was the one with the remote soccer ball or not.

I also liked when john wick killed the muscle man pool boy.

DMczaf

I gotta stop clicking on that 3DS charger thread. Fuck these people defending this anti-consumer bullshit!! AHHHHH!

*looks at his $11 charger* Fuck you too!

I'm finally watching Zayn/Owens. So far this isn't the first degree murder-squash some have made it out to be. Owens gleeking on Zayn was great.

I gotta stop clicking on that 3DS charger thread. Fuck these people defending this anti-consumer bullshit!! AHHHHH!

I know how you feel. It infuriates me every time I see someone whine about the new 3DS not coming with a charger like it's the end of the world. Oh wait.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Straight carny to happily purchase an upgrade and pay an additional 11 dollars just to use the damn thing. Ninty premium bullshit for aged hardware.

dream

Everything in the ipod line from the time they made the first Windows compatible ipod until the iphone did not come with a wall charger.

Well, yeah. They came with a USB cable because they were devices that charged and connected to your computer via USB. Not at all comparable.

Everything in the ipod line from the time they made the first Windows compatible ipod until the iphone did not come with a wall charger.
The 3DS comes with a cable to sync and charge from a laptop/desktop computer?

I can understand not including a charger if it came with some double A batteries or something.

Top Bottom