• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Gonzalez

Banned
I actually haven't watched the whole thing, but I did watch the music sketch segment hosted by Martin Short, and I thought that was awesome.

scabro

I actually think WWE might do a better job at fetishizing the past than SNL. What an awful anniversary show.

afdd16ad2a648a70f495c150f2d2dbb5.jpg

ill fetishize the past, if you know what im sayin

You have the worst taste in entertainment.

Nah son Sunny's got my back on this, you can't handle the one-two combo

Seriously I recommend it. Music, world, characterization, it's all there. All original. Telltale can stuff it. Remember Me was best in class in art direction and I expect the same from DONTNOD here.

Life is Strange was amaaaazing. Like, top flight stuff.

Let's fucking go.

Love the game. Played it the other day. I feel like my choices have more meaning in this than something like Walking Dead. Can't wait to play episode 2. I still need to play through episode 1 and choose different options than what I did.

Chloe was like the most FILTHY MILLENNIAL character though

Come on man, he probably didn't even hear a word she said. I bet he tuned out the whole thing.

Love the game. Played it the other day. I feel like my choices have more meaning in this than something like Walking Dead. Can't wait to play episode 2. I still need to play through episode 1 and choose different options than what I did.

I absolutely loved that they straight up let you rewind to check all the choices if you want to. Fuck it. Just let me pick.

I'll ask this in the OT for it too, but the thought I had was interesting to me; if you go back and keep changing your answers to make people happy in real life, are you really you? Cause getting shit wrong is part of life

Come on man, he probably didn't even hear a word she said. I bet he tuned out the whole thing.

I absolutely loved that they straight up let you rewind to check all the choices if you want to. Fuck it. Just let me pick.

I'll ask this in the OT for it too, but the thought I had was interesting to me; if you go back and keep changing your answers to make people happy in real life, are you really you? Cause getting shit wrong is part of life

Well beyond even the reaction of the immediate choice, I wonder how it affects later on events. Like if I didn't
tell the principal about Nathan would he show up in the parking lot? What would happen if I embarrassed Victoria instead of consoling her outside the dorm? How would it change things later at Chloe's house if her dad didn't recognize me from intervening at the school, etc
? That doesn't even go into the farther reaching possibilities going into later episodes. Also in the credits they showed
a guy in a trailer that I never saw in my playthrough, probably because of my choices

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You have the worst taste in entertainment.

Nah son Sunny's got my back on this, you can't handle the one-two combo

Seriously I recommend it. Music, world, characterization, it's all there. All original. Telltale can stuff it. Remember Me was best in class in art direction and I expect the same from DONTNOD here.

Yep. Telltale can stick it, brother. Life is Strange is actually worth playing.

Chloe was like the most FILTHY MILLENNIAL character though

For sure. I'm supposed to believe this unique little snowflake has a domineering stepdad who busts her ass for everything, yet she has blue hair, tattoos, and beer bottles in her room. But oh no, don't let him see she has a friend. What? Fuck Millenial Couches

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The one thing I did not fuck with was the circle of life. I let big girl get hit on the head, I let the bird die. But knowledge? I was on a quest for knowledge. No page left unturned. But don't fuck up the circle of life.

Alucard

Banned
Let me just say that shopping for a house is damn hard. Between being disappointed by seeing things in person that don't match the pictures, or going "WTF" to some prices, it's a clustermuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let me just say that shopping for a house is damn hard. Between being disappointed by seeing things in person that don't match the pictures, or going "WTF" to some prices, it's a clustermuck.

Are you using a Realtor or looking for a FSBO?

Yep. Telltale can stick it, brother. Life is Strange is actually worth playing.

For sure. I'm supposed to believe this unique little snowflake has a domineering stepdad who busts her ass for everything, yet she has blue hair, tattoos, and beer bottles in her room. But oh no, don't let him see she has a friend. What? Fuck Millenial Couches

IMO, Telltale nailed Walking Dead but haven't improved since. Their action sequences are ass. Life is Strange, at least so far, focuses just on dialogue and story, which I feel.they nailed.

And lol Chloe, The All-Millenial Girl

The one thing I did not fuck with was the circle of life. I let big girl get hit on the head, I let the bird die. But knowledge? I was on a quest for knowledge. No page left unturned. But don't fuck up the circle of life.

Ooh that's a good thought. I may play that way from now on. I helped the girl, but never saw the bird thing?

How do you even save that bird on the window? I tried doing different things, but couldn't figure it out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just doing open houses and looking at online listing for now. Probably gonna go through a realtor at some point. All of this is new to me and my wife. First house. Gotta get informed.

Are you using realtor.com? They've made great strides recently making sure their data is accurate, but it also depends on how hands-on your local MLS is with their data custodians.

I actually think WWE might do a better job at fetishizing the past than SNL. What an awful anniversary show.
Had a few laughs but really no different than Vince trotting out Hulk and Ric Flair every two months for a Raw Reunion for pity cheers. Think I might have liked a clip show instead.

Good luck on your search Alucard.

Just doing open houses and looking at online listings for now. Probably gonna go through a realtor at some point. All of this is new to me and my wife. First house. Gotta get informed.

I strongly recommend a realtor. If you have any friends or family in the area ask if they know of anyone good. My realtor knew a couple of great deals and got some things I wouldn't have even thought to ask for, like the housing company paying for closing costs. He did keep pushing me to get something a little more expensive, which now looks like it would have been smart. But this was when the economy was bad and I was worried about making the payments.

Just doing open houses and looking at online listings for now. Probably gonna go through a realtor at some point. All of this is new to me and my wife. First house. Gotta get informed.

Good luck, man. I know looking for our first house was rough, we looked for over a year, but the second we walked into the house we live in now we were like "This is it. This is our house." When you find your house, you'll know.

Edit: And on the topic of Wrestling...

Ric Flair said:
I appear on WWE programming about eight or nine times a year now. I think I could offer more and I think the management would like to use me more but it is about the others that have to follow me that they have to consider as well. I can be a very tough act to follow. I can still be active and will be for many more years to come, but they also have to take into account the other superstars at the same time.

Holy shit, Flair.

Alucard

Banned
Are you using realtor.com? They've made great strides recently making sure their data is accurate, but it also depends on how hands-on your local MLS is with their data custodians.

Realtor.ca on this end, and some Remax stuff since they seem to be really popular around these parts. Looking for 4 bedrooms minimum. (1 master, 1 office, 2 for kids) And a basement office, garage, storage space, backyard deck, and generally open space in the basement for a library and/or gaming/exercise room. We'll see. Looks like we're gonna have to spend minimum 300,000 to make this happen. Probably closer to 350,000.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I really don't mind waiting another year and saving up some more money for the down payment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Realtor.ca on this end, and some Remax stuff since they seem to be really popular around these parts. Looking for 4 bedrooms minimum. (1 master, 1 office, 2 for kids) And a basement office, garage, storage space, backyard deck, and generally open space in the basement for a library and/or gaming/exercise room. We'll see. Looks like we're gonna have to spend minimum 300,000 to make this happen. Probably closer to 350,000.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Jeezus, no wonder it's hard to find something. You're asking for a lot of stuff, but I guess a basement office might not be that weird up there?

Alucard

Banned
Jeezus, no wonder it's hard to find something. You're asking for a lot of stuff, but I guess a basement office might not be that weird up there?

My wife works from home, so an above-ground office with sunlight is essential. I don't need a lot of office space in the basement, but I'm self employed in addition to working for a company, so I'd just like a corner desk somewhere with a computer and writing space. Shouldn't be too hard to make it work. And yeah, super common over here.

I think I'm just gonna switch over to PC gaming and sell my PS4 and Xbox One. Better looking games and trainers are something I can get behind. One of the things I loved about having a modded PS3 is being able to download game patches for infinite life, infinite ammo, etc and that is going strong on PC with trainers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I need to do some research on market trends and expectations for the next 18 months. Up, down, or stable...I wonder how it's gonna go.

You're in Canada right? I'd imagine the housing market is already heading down due to how your economy is going.

Alucard

Banned
You're in Canada right? I'd imagine the housing market is already heading down due to how your economy is going.

Yeah, just doing some reading on it now, and it seems like a pretty good time to buy. There are also a ton of houses on the market around here, which should help to drive prices down. I'll do more research.

You need a whole basement office to write ROH reviews?

Just a corner somewhere would be enough. No ROH or wrestling reviews for me anymore. Done n done n happier for it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
D-Bry has an incredible power to berry faces that he loses to.

He first took out Shameless after that Mania Match.

Then he worked his magic on Big Dave who was berried so badly he had to slink off to Hollywood.

Now will he get Littler Sexy, Roman Reigns?!?

Top Bottom