• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

JavyOO7

Man, Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero was in slow motion at times on this 1/18 NJPW show. But there is interesting back story between the two. They had a mask vs mask late last year. Atlantis won. Poor Guerrero lost his mask... /sad

Xater

Total Divas is trash TV but it definitely has it moments.

Brie puking on Nikki was great. Can that please happen every time she says Bella Brand?

I now think Alicia is the cutest sweetest girl of the bunch.

The whole Nattie story was weird. They never explicitly said what the fuck is going on with her father and I wad just trying the whole episode to puzzle it together. That was either very badly done or her family didn't really want it to be clear. By the end you know though with the drug counselor showing up.

Anyone remember Rikishi's bad man theme when he turned, lol? It was just too much of a drastic change for people take to seriously even if you take away the I did it for the Rock crap.

Reminds me a little of what they did with R-Truth but he handled it a lot better and was more entertaining.

Hasney

They just got rid of Truths theme entirely and it kind of worked when he came to the ring and just spouted a bunch of crazy.

Total Divas is trash TV but it definitely has it moments.

Brie puking on Nikki was great. Can that please happen every time she says Bella Brand?

I now think Alicia is the cutest sweetest girl of the bunch.

The whole Nattie story was weird. They never explicitly said what the fuck is going on with her father and I wad just trying the whole episode to puzzle it together. That was either very badly done or her family didn't really want it to be clear. By the end you know though with the drug counselor showing up.

People still watch Total Divas? That's hilarious.

I feel like a right mug for pre-ordering The Order a few weeks ago - I knew the gameplay looked uninspired, but if the story and setting are compelling that should be enough to make up for it, but now it's come out that the game can be completed in five hours? Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires releases on the same day and I also have it pre-ordered, but I know that there's a guaranteed 60+ hours of gameplay there and it's also half the price. The Order seems like such a cynical release, coming at a time when the PS4's light on exclusives and people are looking for something to play. The graphics look amazing, but that's not going to cut it if your single player game with limited re-playability is over with in five fucking hours.

Wrestling related, the New Japan Cup looks OK. Out of all the first round matches I'm probably looking forward to Makabe/Honma the most, if only because it'd be cool to see Honma beat his GBH team-mate. Kojima/Shibata should be really good as well.

Xater

I feel like a right mug for pre-ordering The Order a few weeks ago - I knew the gameplay looked uninspired, but if the story and setting are compelling that should be enough to make up for it, but now it's come out that the game can be completed in five hours? Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires releases on the same day and I also have it pre-ordered, but I know that there's a guaranteed 60+ hours of gameplay there and it's also half the price. The Order seems like such a cynical release, coming at a time when the PS4's light on exclusives and people are looking for something to play. The graphics look amazing, but that's not going to cut it if your single player game with limited re-playability is over with in five fucking hours.

Wrestling related, the New Japan Cup looks OK. Out of all the first round matches I'm probably looking forward to Makabe/Honma the most, if only because it'd be cool to see Honma beat his GBH team-mate. Kojima/Shibata should be really good as well.

I have played the Order at Gamescom and it's the blandest thing ever gameplay wise. Would not recommend. And of course it's short. With all those pretty graphics there are not much resources left to make a lot content.

Hasney

Eh, lots of people like story above gameplay these days, but I just need both. They've clearly focused on one end of the spectrum and having it be really short so their story doesn't drag on. I'll probably grab it when it hits $30.

Some people are calling it lazy, but I disagree with that. It's clearly just focused in areas I don't look for in a game.

Man, Mio Shirai's retiring. Joshi wrestling can't catch a break at present.

Also, the new Idlewild album is pretty great, friends. Ah, nostalgia. Feels like '97. You know what else was pretty cool in '97? Most shooters were 15-20+ hours long.

Xater

Eh, lots of people like story above gameplay these days, but I just need both. They've clearly focused on one end of the spectrum and having it be really short so their story doesn't drag on. I'll probably grab it when it hits $30.

Some people are calling it lazy, but I disagree with that. It's clearly just focused in areas I don't look for in a game.

If I want a good story I watch a movie or read a book. Gameplay trumps all.

It's obviously a hugely subjective thing, but I have no objection to 'playing' an interactive story, even if the actual gameplay is standard or uninspired. I do have an objection to paying full price for something that can be completed so quickly, so more fool me I guess.

*edit, has it been a month since the Ramble yet? Sick of this Breeze cunt and his annoying face.

I have played the Order at Gamescom and it's the blandest thing ever gameplay wise. Would not recommend. And of course it's short. With all those pretty graphics there are not much resources left to make a lot content.
Strangely, the short length makes me more attracted to it than otherwise. If the game doesn't have anything more to provide, I don't really want it propped up with filler.

Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in the actual game part of it. I thought it was pretty meh to okay when they first introduced it and my thoughts haven't changed.

Hasney

Cesaro is tweeting about how he wants Vince to get cancer so he's either fired or hacked, possibly both.

You forgot the other possibility: Work. They've been wanting to do something with Cesaro like that seemingly, not to this level, but even the aborted face turn to Heyman and trying to get a fake organic face turn with the Cesaro Section plants.

NCiJOoU.png

EDIT: Actually leaning more towards hack with the newer ones

1zCL8Uk.png

Rapstah

All of it just sounds like stuff a British wrestling fan thinks Cesaro would write in this situation. WWE is terrible at worked shoots.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cesaro @WWECesaro · 43s 43 seconds ago
Ok I'm not Cesaro, but I think Cesaro needs to be pushed. This company pushes lackluster talents that nobody cares about.

And we're done here.

Glad he posted this, because ffs that's a sure-fire way to get a talent heat for no good reason.

Browny

Banned
Is this where we're pretending we'd totally look at the back of her hair instead?
Yes.

No. But she does have lovely hair. In such a hot and humid atmosphere, the curls have nice form, her hairspray must have good hold and control.

I like the guy's intake of breath as he looks down.

I caved and skipped around a playthrough just to get a feel for what the game is actually like, and it was the best decision I could've made. It's not worth $60 to me, and the length of the game isn't even my biggest issue.

Aiii

So not worth it
In Total Divas, Rikishi is a bum dad that doesn't even show up to his son's wedding.

In Total Divas, Jim Neidhart is a guy that has fubar'ed his brain so badly he can't even hold a simple conversation because his mind can't focus on anything.

One of these seems less likely than the other.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These Order threads are going to be magical, friends. We gon eat.

Also Boots I guess you didn't learn your lesson on preorders!

Hasney

I'd be moire interested in The Order if I did more than just shoot people. I noticed last year that I was so burnt out on FPS/TPS that I didn't actually finish any.

Top Bottom