• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

New japan cup 1st round

Makabe vs Homna
Ibushi vs gallows
Kohima vs Shibata
Yano vs tanahashi
Yoshi hashi vs Yujiro (loooool)
Okada vs fale
GOTO vs nagata
Anderson vs naito

If Daniel Bryan doesn't win, crowds are going to shit all over everything the night after Fastlane. He isn't as over as he was last year at this time, but he's still the most over guy they have. Daniel Bryan winning the belt at Mania would be even better if Lesnar leaves. Give Rusev a win over Cena and he could claim he deserves a world title shot and have that go as a feud, you could have a Seth Rollins feud, a heel turn Roman Reigns feud, etc. Roman on top is blah.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually don't know if D-Bry is more over than Reigns anymore. He is with the internet. Reigns does better at house shows at that really matters.

JavyOO7

So, RAW is WAR March 10 1997. Not a good show. A good LOOKING show definitely, best camera placement and shots of any RAW of seen yet of that year. The show itself was just a way to give the wrestlers scheduled for mania a bump. LOTS of Jobber matches. Lawler and Heyman face off was fun though I'll give it that. Next week, Hart and Sid in a steel cage for the WWF title!

I dunno shit, crybaby!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reigns is better in the ring than either Batista or Cena were when they were pushed to the belt. Better than Nash as well.

I actually don't know if D-Bry is more over than Reigns anymore. He is with the internet. Reigns does better at house shows at that really matters.

From all reports I've seen from house shows, DB is more over or equally over. Look at the disparity at how they are pushed though.

Reigns is better in the ring than either Batista or Cena were when they were pushed to the belt. Better than Nash as well.

Cena had a better character and was genuinely one of the most over people on the roster though when he got the push to the top. He was extremely over in the rapper thuganomics gimmick. He also showed a ton of personality. Reigns better in ring at this point than Cena was then? Debatable, but I remember John Cena having some really good matches early on that Reigns hasn't come close to yet. He also had a more diverse moveset. Reigns is 3 moves and a bland personality.

Heel

USw5niv.png

It's a wrap. It's a wrap. Once he gets in his rhythm you might as well pull out your videophones cause he's gonna be knocking in shoots at a proficiency that you've never seen.

He needs the last rack.

Nah, nah he's done.

kirblar

If Daniel Bryan doesn't win, crowds are going to shit all over everything the night after Fastlane. He isn't as over as he was last year at this time, but he's still the most over guy they have. Daniel Bryan winning the belt at Mania would be even better if Lesnar leaves. Give Rusev a win over Cena and he could claim he deserves a world title shot and have that go as a feud, you could have a Seth Rollins feud, a heel turn Roman Reigns feud, etc. Roman on top is blah.
Crowd wouldn't shit on Seth winning. Well, they might, but it'd be the right kind of heat.

Hasney

It's hard to accept, but it's true. Nash and Cena were better promos though.

Nah, Nash had already had a good couple of matches. Batista had a classic with Benoit before the Rumble in 2005 which I'm hoping FastLane does for Reigns even if it is a little late and Cena had great matches all over Smackdown.

Sure, a lot of that was other people helping them along the way, but I'd rather watch either of those 3 guys rise than Reigns. We're feeling the effects of Big Johnnys talent policy where he only hired about 2 guys who could actually go in the ring.

He doesn't have the subtle mannerisms that made Batista seem so cool in late '04 to '05, and he isn't anywhere near as good a worker as Cena was even in '05. Nash is the best comparison, and even he failed as THE GUY, and that was with a far lower bar to reach than now.

Are those all-natural, baby?

Nope - she was pretty flat in ECW.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
i like balors work, his in ring ability is great his body paint makes him unique i just dont like his entrance lol

What is the story behind Rikishi? He was a huge name during the peak of wrestling popularity but a successful push and world title run never seemed to come his way. I recall rikishi being almost as popular as the undertaker and guys like angle and maybe as popular as the rock. What happened?

Hasney

What is the story behind Rikishi? He was a huge name during the peak of wrestling popularity but a successful push and world title run never seemed to come his way. I recall rikishi being almost as popular as the undertaker and guys like angle and maybe as popular as the rock. What happened?

I doubt his push would have lasted regardless, but the angle where he ran over Austin for The Rock was ridiculous. Even more so when they decided to hotshot HHH into the angle as the mastermind behind it.

Aiii

So not worth it

HAHAHAHAHA HE PUT HIS ASS IN ANOTHER GUYS FACE GODAMMIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA HE IS FAT AND HE IS DANCING GODDAMMIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In short, he worked for Vince McMahon.

He was just a crazy-over guy who was good enough and over enough to slot into a low-end main event slot whenever needed. Given that he was probably 15 years into his career by that point and over 100 pounds over his usual weight, he had a great run. His early 2000 stuff was just incredible - he was legitimately one of the most over acts in the company and it felt like they made a new main eventer...and then Hunter beat him.

JavyOO7

Cool mask. And I could swear he has some special lenses to make his eyes like that. Something similar to Stardust. This show has been pretty fun so far.

acf34e9658.jpg

Anth0ny

"I did it for the Rock" was their attempt at his big push. It obviously didn't work. I don't think anyone took him seriously as a character. He was a big, charismatic dude who put his huge ass in everyone's face, not a title contender.

I guess wrestling was more popular then as well so he was really over due to all the pop culture buzz. Im pretty sure I can ask most people my age if they know who is and they will say that guy with the huge ass from a long time ago in wrestling. What a strange career. To be so well known but not really been much more than comic relief.

He was just a crazy-over guy who was good enough and over enough to slot into a low-end main event slot whenever needed. Given that he was probably 15 years into his career by that point and over 100 pounds over his usual weight, he had a great run. His early 2000 stuff was just incredible - he was legitimately one of the most over acts in the company and it felt like they made a new main eventer...and then Hunter beat him.
For real literally everyone knows who rikishi is. He is more known than Daniel Bryan haha

Anth0ny

I guess wrestling was more popular then as well so he was really over due to all the pop culture buzz. Im pretty sure I can ask most people my age if they know who is and they will say that guy with the huge ass from a long time ago in wrestling. What a strange career. To be so well known but not really been much more than comic relief.

While a good performer, he was definitely a beneficiary of the Attitude Era. The product was so fucking hot at the time. Sable is more well known than Daniel Bryan. Too Cool. Crash Holly. The Godfather and his "hos". The list goes on and on. Raw was doing 6.0-7.0 ratings in 99-2000!

I'll never forget MSG exploding during Royal Rumble 2000 when Too Cool and Rikishi were in the ring and they did that dance. Everyone was so over.

GreedZen

Banned

I've always wondered if people got paid extra to have Rik put his as on their faces. Vince probably said I run the joint and took it, so what makes you special.

This weeks Total Divas hasn't been bad so far. Hopefully the Natty arc doesn't stink it up.

Whooaaa, Brie just vomited on Nikki. Didn't even look like a work.
I'm guessing Wade broke up with Fox because he got tired of her hair hats.

Anth0ny

I need one about Nintendo's decisions with the Wii U and then it can be retired.

there will absolutely be 1000 of them by the end of the week

Hasney

Work has just sent out an email saying our Twitter account has hit a milestone "and to put it into context, The Chuckle Brothers have less followers".

Now there's some great context!!

Top Bottom