• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I love console Tekken character endings.

That movie still has some of the best action scenes in all of superhero movies. Movie should have been released as a twenty minute short of Superman destroying shit.

I liked Man of Steel a lot actually. Coming off Superman Returns, all I wanted was 2 hours of Superman wrecking mother fuckers. Mission accomplished, Zack Snyder.

wwe_black_7.png

wwe_black_5.png

wwe_black_4.png

wwe_black_1.png

Happy middle of Black History month, friends.
This is worse than NBA All Star Weekend.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Over 1,800 posts for that thread about The Order's length.

Christ.

Gaming side never ceases to amaze me.

The impressions thread has nearly 2,200 posts yet only 4 people have actually played it. The rest are just talking about what they saw on youtube.

I don't think it will ever happen, but WWE needs to cut down the number of PPVs they run. Having them monthly takes away any significance to them and makes them glorified TV shows.
Yet another thing NXT does better in addition to gender equality, racial diversity, and crowd participation, am I right?

Sephzilla

And Superman has questionable morality and kills a ton of people. Couldn't get into it.

Nolan Batman kills more people on screen than Snyder Superman. I've never understood this complaint with Man of Steel.

Yet another thing NXT does better in addition to gender equality, racial diversity, and crowd participation, am I right?

You are right.

NXT's more rare "special events" carry more hype to them than almost all of WWE's shows. WrestleMania only gets more hype because of the show's legacy (and because it's the only one left that gets a unique stage). Royal Rumble gets more hype because it's the only gimmick match WWE somehow hasn't ruined.

And Superman has questionable morality and kills a ton of people. Couldn't get into it.
I get where you're coming from but I honestly didn't think of any of those complaints when I was watching the movie, I was just enjoying watching cool Superman fight scenes unlike the previous snorefest Returns. I only thought of it after I read the internet backlash... Superman's always been destroying buildings and crap though, it doesn't seem like a thing that's specific to the movie.

scabro

I'm currently hooked on their Cinnabon Delights coffee with free Cinnabon Delights 4-pack deal. Plus, if I use the app to order I get a free Dorito taco.

you carny motherfucker

might as well have mentioned their 100% pure ground beef and high customer satisfaction

but those cinnabons are fucking bomb son

Jamie OD

I feel dumb for asking this given how often I use the term on my DDT blog but does the V some wrestling sites use for title defences (e.g. Okada's 8th defence is V8) mean Victory or Versus?

Edit: I've asked this elsewhere and the two answers I got so far is Version. I thought that at first but only because seeing V1 reminds me of Matt Hardy so I figured that couldn't be right.

Alucard

Banned
I get where you're coming from but I honestly didn't think of any of those complaints when I was watching the movie, I was just enjoying watching cool Superman fight scenes unlike the previous snorefest Returns. I only thought of it after I read the internet backlash... Superman's always been destroying buildings and crap though, it doesn't seem like a thing that's specific to the movie.

I didn't hate it, but I thought of the people he allowed to die, and I also hated the product placement that totally pulled me out of the mythical snowglobe world the movie was going for. I just kept being pulled out of the movie for these reasons and others. The movie didn't stick with me at all. If I never see it again, I won't care.

The amount of games I've beaten in the last 5 years that were longer than 10-12 hours can probably be counted on one hand. Most of them suffer pacing issues and I get bored pretty easily.

I'll take my 6-8 hour cinematic shooter, thank you.

The Order looks to be about 5 hours with one and a half to two hours of that being cutscenes, that's something entirely different

Folks I have to admit that I've sort of failed this community. A week ago I made a post implying that bean breath wasn't as smart as Jaden Smith. Here is the post in it's original unaltered state:

I have been considering this position and I've decided that in an effort to keep up with this thread's 24 hour content cycle I didn't full consider what I was saying and rushed that post to press without fully doing my research. I have since gone back and reviewed my files and come to the conclusion that bean breath is in fact just as smart as Jaden Smith.

I have redacted the offending post and in the future I will make better efforts to vet all of the information released to this thread. I humbly apologize to the members of this community and especially to bean breath for any harm my words may have caused.
Forgive and forget, just like our Lord Jesus Christ said, according to Strobogo.

Sephzilla

The game is 5-13 hours long depending on who you ask and what your agenda is.

For some reason this reminds me of the controversy regarding Metal Gear Rising's length. I remember people saying "you can beat this game in under 3 hours" which, for your first time through the game, is an absolute lie since your first time through the game you're not going to skip every cutscene, codec conversation, and know exactly where to go as fast as possible. I was always perplexed as to why people were straight out lying about that.

Top Bottom