• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Early playthroughs are calling it a movie. Watch on youtube?

If I might nerd out about a game for a moment, I grabbed the 1st episode of Life is Strange and I've just started not too long ago from this post.

Shibata.gif

I see you.

Heel

I would be if I can play from a whatever. If I need to buy something though let me know...

Haven't tried it, but I think I can just give out a code for people to put into their browser. I guess we could give it a spin and see what happens.

only one person has to buy it, you just connect to the game on your browser

it's really fun but it's not as fun if your not actually in a room with friends or at least on skype with them

Preview of WrassleGAF game night after a few drinks.

Alucard

Banned
On ROH TV this week:

123014phillysixman.jpg

Promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1DGSlrhwtw

-Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jimmy Jacobs (a fan of Ciampa)
-Hanson vs. The Romantic Touch (filler match)
-Moose vs. Michael Elgin (Could be harmless)
-AJ Styles and The Young Bucks vs. Matt Sydal, Cedric Alexander, and ACH (match got great reviews)

Looks like another action-packed show. 4 matches is a bit much for ROH. Feels like they're trying to do the Lucha Underground formula by having more content in an hour, when I think they're best-served by sticking to 2-3 segments or longer matches per show.

Sephzilla

I was giving The Order 1886 the benefit of the doubt until it actually came out, but 5h is really, REALLY short

5 hours is short if there's no replay value to it. And since it's a cinematic single player third person shooter, I doubt there is any replay value. I was okay with Metal Gear Rising having a short campaign because it had a ton of replay value and unlocks and shit.

On ROH TV this week:

Looks like another action-packed show. 4 matches is a bit much for ROH. Feels like they're trying to do the Lucha Underground formula by having more content in an hour, when I think they're best-served by sticking to 2-3 segments or longer matches per show.

No spoilers but given the way everything went timing wasn't an issue. Also, I was pretty impressed by Elgin - Moose. Moose is still miles from good but he's coming along nicely.

Folks I have to admit that I've sort of failed this community. A week ago I made a post implying that bean breath wasn't as smart as Jaden Smith. Here is the post in it's original unaltered state:

bean breath isn't smart enough to come up with "If A Book Store Never Runs Out Of A Certain Book, Dose That Mean That Nobody Reads It, Or Everybody Reads It"

I have been considering this position and I've decided that in an effort to keep up with this thread's 24 hour content cycle I didn't full consider what I was saying and rushed that post to press without fully doing my research. I have since gone back and reviewed my files and come to the conclusion that bean breath is in fact just as smart as Jaden Smith.

I have redacted the offending post and in the future I will make better efforts to vet all of the information released to this thread. I humbly apologize to the members of this community and especially to bean breath for any harm my words may have caused.

jmdajr

Folks I have to admit that I've sort of failed this community. A week ago I made a post implying that bean breath wasn't as smart as Jaden Smith. Here is the post in it's original unaltered state:

I have been considering this position and I've decided that in an effort to keep up with this thread's 24 hour content cycle I didn't full consider what I was saying and rushed that post to press without fully doing my research. I have since gone back and reviewed my files and come to the conclusion that bean breath is in fact just as smart as Jaden Smith.

I have redacted the offending post and in the future I will make better efforts to vet all of the information released to this thread. I humbly apologize to the members of this community and especially to bean breath for any harm my words may have caused.

A Love Letter To Plywood

Hasney

It's super rare for me to replay anything. Lucky to even play shit once.

Still, I can understand people not wanting to pay that price for a short game. I wouldn't. I can't justify it.

But mad? nope.

Yup, there's enough games out there. I'm just glad I finally have a version of Rayman Legends I can play without touch screen bullshit on the Vita and Wii U. That will last modified lots of hours.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The amount of games I've beaten in the last 5 years that were longer than 10-12 hours can probably be counted on one hand. Most of them suffer pacing issues and I get bored pretty easily.

I'll take my 6-8 hour cinematic shooter, thank you.

Striker

I don't think it will ever happen, but WWE needs to cut down the number of PPVs they run. Having them monthly takes away any significance to them and makes them glorified TV shows.
Monthly PPV's are fine. They need to stick to 12.

Problem is there's 5+ hours of content each week consisting of the same guys. You see the same matches.

Rusev vs. Cena should be top billing, but you know they'll wrestle again a month later.

jmdajr

The amount of games I've beaten in the last 5 years that were longer than 10-12 hours can probably be counted on one hand. Most of them suffer pacing issues and I get bored pretty easily.

I'll take my 6-8 hour cinematic shooter, thank you.

I've enjoyed all the Call of Duty and Halo campaigns for what they are.

scabro

Speaking of kideos, I just purchased The Jackbox Party Pack. If it's possible, would WrassleGAF be interested in a game night, perhaps after The Monday Night RAW? From what I understand, anyone can play with their cell phone or laptop. That could be quite fun.

have you forsaken nerdchat, friend?

jmdajr

Monthly PPV's are fine. They need to stick to 12.

Problem is there's 5+ hours of content each week consisting of the same guys. You see the same matches.

Rusev vs. Cena should be top billing, but you know they'll wrestle again a month later.

They need real jobbers back. I mean you see them every once in awhile but could probbaly use more.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man of Steel is honestly "Everyone is stupid: The Movie"

-Jonathan Kent
doesn't want his son to save him from a fucking tornado despite the fact that Clark has demonstrated superpowers in public already by that point and Clark could probably move so fast nobody would even notice what happened

-Jonathan Kent is also worried that if people find out Clark is an alien they'll take him away and do whatever to him despite the fact that it's clearly obvious even as a child that nobody would be able to arrest/stop Clark even if they wanted to.

-Lois Lane clearly finds out who Superman is and finds out aliens fucking exist and decides to not tell anyone because it might hurt Clark's feelings.

-General that-one-guy-from-the-Matrix-sequels sends drones to follow and find out where Superman lives despite the fact that the military fucking sees Superman at Mama Kent's house earlier in the movie and they could probably figure out who Superman is and where he lives through that.

-Nobody fucking notices a guy who looks exactly like Superman showing up at the Daily Planet despite the fact that Superman is big fucking news since he just showed up to save the world.

-General Zod's world engine shows up in New York Metropolis and people dont immediately start evacuating despite Zod already threatening the planet once.

-Why doesn't General Zod just terraform Mars?

A lot of these are just classic Superman tropes though, I won't hold them over the fire for those. Jonathan Kent's death just makes me shake my head every time I think about it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
5 hours is short if there's no replay value to it. And since it's a cinematic single player third person shooter, I doubt there is any replay value. I was okay with Metal Gear Rising having a short campaign because it had a ton of replay value and unlocks and shit.

There is absolutely zero reason to play the game again unless you fucking love it.

Resident Evil is the king of short single player campaign with tons of reasons to come back to it. It would be a nine out of ten. MGS as a series also has plenty of reasons to come back, maybe a six or seven. This game is about a one, you might need to play it again to get some collectables if you want an easy Platinum trophy.

Can you find the show where sXe is in the locker room and Perry Saturn walks by, nude, with his penis swinging around? I've been telling people about that for years, but the lack of evidence on the Internet is making me wonder if I made this up.

Any idea what year or PPV # this might have happened? Sounds like something ~2003 if it's sXe and Perry Saturn.

I was going through VHS tapes awhile ago and found a ton of Impact from when they first started on FSN. Its mildly interesting but fairly hard to watch as everything is a 3 minute jobber squash match and you come to the realization of how many guys they dropped the ball on for WWE/WCW castaways.

Monty Brown is the best example. He may not have been the best wrestler in the world but he was so charismatic and fun to watch during squash matches. He could also be carried to a good match with Jarrett or placed in a fun brawl. It's sad they thought the guy who played in two Superbowls than became a wrestler was less media friendly than old WWE wrestlers.

Even in the opening shows I've seen so far (weeks 1-6) Monty Brown, AJ Styles and Ron Killings are instantly the best things on the show. The Johnsons suck. America's Most Wanted have a strange love/hate relationship going on, with Harris totally hating Storm's corny cowboy gimmick.

Review a Wai had an awesome review of early TNA involving the heel group of Sports Entertainment Xtreme.

Plus in early TNA you get AJ Styles with a chainsaw calling the disco inferno an anti-gay slur.

If I had the time and energy I'd review and GIF the shows, but I'm no Strobogone.

Kaladin

So is the best TNA match still Austin Aries vs Bobby Roode with Aries first title win?

It had the best hype, build up and delivery. Roode was an amazing heel champ and Aries was the guy to beat him. Shame they fucked his title run, but doesn't that always happen?

Some fighting games have decent story modes.
I love console Tekken character endings.

A lot of these are just classic Superman tropes though, I won't hold them over the fire for those. Jonathan Kent's death just makes me shake my head every time I think about it.
That movie still has some of the best action scenes in all of superhero movies. Movie should have been released as a twenty minute short of Superman destroying shit.

Anth0ny

Holy hell what an ending to Raw! Sid/Bret in the steel Cage for the title, and both Taker and Austin have to basically team up with their wrestlemania opponents if they want a title shot at mania. Sid wins after Taker slams the door on Bret, and after the match Bret goes fucking berserk (uncensored too since I didn't see this on the network) Hell Mcmahon practically transforms calling him a dirty rotten son of a bitch and everyone beats the shit out of each other to end RAW. The segment really built up mania. Overall, the March 17 1997 RAW was very enjoyable, especially that last segment. Next up, Wrestlemania 13!!!

And if you don't like it, tough SHIT

Now that's how you sell a Wrestlemania. One of my favorite Raw segments ever.

Sephzilla

Superman's always had a bit of selective stupidity in their characters but Man of Steel cranks it up to kind of a preposterous extreme I think.

So is the best TNA match still Austin Aries vs Bobby Roode with Aries first title win?

It had the best hype, build up and delivery. Roode was an amazing heel champ and Aries was the guy to beat him. Shame they fucked his title run, but doesn't that always happen?

I think most people will say Daniels/Joe/Styles triple threat series, and that one match that got a Big Dave Meltzer FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR rating.

Kaladin

I think most people will say Daniels/Joe/Styles triple threat series, and that one match that got a Big Dave Meltzer FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR, FIVE STAR rating.

I actually think Aries / Roode topped that. You had the hype and it was the right guy at the right time. It just worked on all angles like the Punk vs Cena story did.

Verendus

Banned
I'm not talking about the length, I was talking about the enjoyment. Batista matches are always fun, and replaying games you enjoyed is also fun.
I like you Beef. You're a good guy. I'm going to take your name and put it right here, in BatistaGAF.

Right alongside Sunny, Chamber, Hasney, Cagey, Marvel, DM, Stro, Bean, Jmdajr, imbask, Duncan, Carnby, Sandman, Pepsi, and many, many others.

Does fighting and sports games count?
WWE 2K15.

I don't think any match has happened since that's both both better in ring and the story/circumstances around it. One of the few times TNA actually pulled the trigger on a young talent at their hottest and not months later when they've cooled significantly. I'd probably pick a different older match as the best though.

RBH

So I may have the opportunity to go to this ROH show in Atlanta on Saturday:

022115_Atlanta_Poster_REVISED_WEB.jpg

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Saturday, February 21st, 2015
North Atlanta Trade Center
1700 Jeurgens Court
Norcross, Georgia 30093

Doors open 6:30pm / 7:30pm Bell Time

Matches Signed

*MAIN EVENT*
2 OUT OF 3 FALLS TAG TEAM ARMAGEDDON MATCH
The Briscoes vs. The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven) w/ Maria Kanellis

First Time Singles Match
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. ROH World Tag Team Champion, Bobby Fish

Delirious vs. Matt Sydal

Roderick Strong vs. ROH World Tag Team Champion, Kyle O'Reilly

ACH vs. Moose

6-MAN MAYHEM MATCH
ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION JAY LETHAL VS. HANSON VS. CEDRIC ALEXANDER VS. MICHAEL ELGIN VS. TOMMASO CIAMPA VS. JIMMY JACOBS

They've got 1st row tickets for $60 on the ROH website now......

Top Bottom