• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

RP912

Banned
How can Mario 64 be overrated when it's still, to this day, the most complex platformer ever made?

People play broken ass Mega Man 1, it doesn't mean that it's good when Mega Man 2 was the better game.

Besides Super Mario Galaxy>>>>>Mario 64

2D platformers need more than charm and a level editor to be good.

Agreed but LBP actually brought back attention to a dying genre. Most games that came out was 3d based and etc, but LBP actually made platforming cool again despite it's shortcomings.

SM64 was really good when it came out

most games on the 64 aged terrrrrrrrriiiiibly, Goldeneye is barely playable in 2015

Well the WWE/WCW games are still good to this very games. Other than that I agree.

Ah now Super Mario 64, there's a game with character control on the complete opposite end of the spectrum to LBP, it's enjoyable just to simply jump and move around, I'd consider this sort of thing a huge factor in enjoying a platformer.
Which is fortunate because I'd say a lot of the level design is a bit plain these days but hey for its time they did damn well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SM 64
mario64ttch5u3w.gif

LBP
tumblr_marw2fu2NU1rhoueto1_500.gif

because I have an irrational hate for the wii and chose to ignore Galaxy because the console was so fucking bad, I agree
Pity. The Galaxy are like, objectively the best platformers ever.

I'm playing the Metroid Prime trilogy right now and they hold up incredibly well. The motion controls are good too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Best platformer of all time's probably Super Mario World. I realize lots of people feel 3 is better, but for me, World was IT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, I didn't finish Raw - did we legitimately get the PTP back? Is this actually happening?

RP912

Banned
Best platformer of all time's probably Super Mario World. I realize lots of people feel 3 is better, but for me, World was IT.

ughhhh....Mario World felt like a damn chore to finished. Mario 3 was bad shit insane. You had to play a level with a bunch of huge goombas trying to kill you. Plus Mario 3 had the better soundtrack than World. The thing that killed me about World is the horrible mansion levels that felt like a drag to play.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Macho Madness, I think that avatar is already in use by thewesker - just an FYI. Don't want you to get your posts mixed up.

It looked like it.

Excellent. Great theme, they were over as hell with their arm-draping dance, and it played to their strength.

Setting the table for Sasha Banks to literally be THE BOSS.

Thorakai

Now we shitting on the Wii O_O?

yall worst than TNA fans :(

I like the Wii. Remember all the talks about how the Wii would act like a gateway drug for casuals to get into Nintendo's "hardcore" offerings? Well that actually worked for me. It was a great system to experience a good chunk of Nintendo's old games with Gamecube support and the Virtual Console.

ughhhh....Mario World felt like a damn chore to finished. Mario 3 was bad shit insane. You had to play a level with a bunch of huge goombas trying to kill you. Plus Mario 3 had the better soundtrack than World. The thing that killed me about World is the horrible mansion levels that felt like a drag to play.
But Mario World had Star World.

RP912

Banned
I like the Wii. Remember all the talks about how the Wii would act like a gateway drug for casuals to get into Nintendo's "hardcore" offerings? Well that actually worked for me. It was a great system to experience a good chunk of Nintendo's old games with Gamecube support and the Virtual Console.

Pretty much. It was my personal nostalgia machine. Deadly Creatures is on my top ten list of Wii games.

Kaladin

Miz TV on the Fast Lane Pre-Show?

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel to put things together for this PPV aren't they?

Macho Madness, I think that avatar is already in use by thewesker - just an FYI. Don't want you to get your posts mixed up.

Excellent. Great theme, they were over as hell with their arm-draping dance, and it played to their strength.

Setting the table for Sasha Banks to literally be THE BOSS.

pretty sure macho madness is wesker

Super Mario World is the attitude era of Mario games. Commercially more successful, but it's complete rose tinted glasses territory and not nearly as technically proficient as the masterful Smackdown 2003 of Mario games: Galaxy 2.

Mario World > Mario 3. They're both good though. Just comes down to preference for me.

And in no universe is LBP better than Mario 64. I feel silly expecting more from D.Brine fans, but that's what I get, I suppose.

imBask

Banned
while were on topic with opinions about video games

A Link Between World is the 3rd best Zelda game ever made, behind ALTTP and OoT

RP912

Banned
while were on topic with opinions about video games

A Link Between World is the 3rd best Zelda game ever made, behind ALTTP and OoT

I never played a Zelda game. I tried with Majoro's Mask but my brother ended up beating the game for me since he's a huge Zelda addict.

Top Bottom