• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Sephzilla

Why isn't wrestlemania called Sports Entertainmentmania?

I'm 100% sure that Vince would change the name of WrestleMania if it wouldn't cause a PR nightmare. He prg scheme brets giving Mania a numeral based naming scheme because he became tied to the name WrestleMania *number* after that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also it's weird how many of you people go to Reddit, especially to watch a banned member post. Let him do his thing, it's not a big deal. He'll be home sometime later. Don't worry about it.

Bowser

hah oh shit

Then I guess who gives a shit? I thought they rebranded as "WWE" in everything. But who cares?

Can we discuss Raw? It looks like this is gonna be a pretty good Wrestlemania season.

It's weird, they decided to only refer to themselves as WWE in all aspects EXCEPT for legally:

Since 2011, the company has officially branded itself solely as "WWE", which is no longer an initialism, though the company's legal name was not changed.

XenoRaven

Also it's weird how many of you people go to Reddit, especially to watch a banned member post. Let him do his thing, it's not a big deal. He'll be home sometime later. Don't worry about it.
We're talking about a thread full of people that go out of their way to watch something they hate.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RAW has very slowly been transitioning to less wrestling and more angles. They still need to find the balance though of putting one good match in every hour though. I like it though.

Don't know how I feel about Bray and da Undataker yet.

Fox318

fHATWBE.png

It's not World Wrestling Entertainment. It's WWE. Big difference.

Hey, fuck this mindset. He's busting his ass trying to recoup some of the costs it's cost me to keep legitshook.com up and running. I appreciate it even if you don't.

Damn, must've missed the FnP ship.

Whatever happened to stro watching HBO Go though?

I visit Reddit a lot, but rarely delve into the comments on SquaredCircle anymore. I can't imagine stro could shit it up more than it already is.

If it gets legitshook some traffic, then great.

Sephzilla

Then I guess who gives a shit? I thought they rebranded as "WWE" in everything. But who cares?

When they tried to do it a few years ago it caused a small PR nightmare. And by that I mean everyone laughed at Vince because he was desperately trying to make his company look like anything but a wrestling company.

At times he seems fucking ashamed to be married to wrestling and at other times he feels like a 70 year old man who's acting like a 10 year old little kid who's still trying to impress his father.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Taker CAN put someone else over on his way out, it's great he will. It isn't the same spectacle of the Streak but there's still serious value in being Taker's opponent and Bray is a fucking badass, and I'd love seeing him in that match. I'll be more than interested in this.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm just glad Bray had a good match with someone not named Bryan or Cena. None of those Ambrose or Jericho matches worked at all and I love both of them in the ring.

Sephzilla

I just wish that Bray/Taker could be for The Streak. Bray could do so much more with it than Brock, to be honest.

Bray ends The Streak, then have Brock come to finish the job.

zychi

Banned
WWE the company is more than wrestling

WWE the name is forever attached to wrestling.

Dont name WWE films, WWE films, should have named it something else

If Vince does something else, like another football league, keep the WWE name away from it. XFL was a decent name for the era.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder:

NJPW World is doing February for free. If you haven't signed up, switch that shit to English and dive in:

sUC0hmX.png

XenoRaven

If Taker CAN put someone else over on his way out, it's great he will. It isn't the same spectacle of the Streak but there's still serious value in being Taker's opponent and Bray is a fucking badass, and I'd love seeing him in that match. I'll be more than interested in this.
I can't imagine a world where Taker goes out without a win. I'd love to be proven wrong though. Bray is a guy that could use the added mystique and credibility with a win over Taker, event though that prize has been slightly diminished after Brock.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just wish that Bray/Taker could be for The Streak. Bray could do so much more with it than Brock, to be honest.

Bray ends The Streak, then have Brock come to finish the job.

Thing is because of where Mania is next year they are hoping to make that match the final one, so I wouldn't be shocked if Taker won.

Marvel

could never
I'm just glad Bray had a good match with someone not named Bryan or Cena. None of those Ambrose or Jericho matches worked at all and I love both of them in the ring.

Yeah not only was a great match with someone different but he is once again looking stronk. I'm very pleased, let's hope it's a longterm plan and not just for old man 'Taker.

Sephzilla

WWE the company is more than wrestling

WWE the name is forever attached to wrestling.

Dont name WWE films, WWE films, should have named it something else

If Vince does something else, like another football league, keep the WWE name away from it. XFL was a decent name for the era.

This is definitely the mistake Vince keeps making. WWE Films shouldn't have been named WWE Films simply because the WWE name is so associated with wrestling. But instead of just naming it "Titan Films" or something in order to break the link to wrestling he seems to try and break the wrestling from the WWE name

Bowser

You can't really have Taker lose back to back Manias though, can you? I mean, if the guy is only going to come back for one match a year just to lose, what's the point? It would get old real quick right?

But having Bray lose to Taker (even in a hard fought match) probably doesn't do much for him now that Taker doesn't have the Streak. Bray would end up coming out on the losing end to the only two high profile feuds he'd have in Cena and Taker.

Just seems like a weird feud now that Lesnar broke the Streak IMO. I was always of the opinion that if they were going to have Taker lose the Streak, it should have been his last match.

Cagey

Banned
Bray Wyatt losing to the Undertaker means nothing. Bray Wyatt being involved with the Undertaker will make him look like a huge deal for the next two months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can't really have Taker lose back to back Manias though, can you? I mean, if the guy is only going to come back for one match a year just to lose, what's the point? It would get old real quick right?

But having Bray lose to Taker (even in a hard fought match) probably doesn't do much for him now that Taker doesn't have the Streak. Bray would end up coming out on the losing end to the only two high profile feuds he'd have in Cena and Taker.

Just seems like a weird feud now that Lesnar broke the Streak IMO. I was always of the opinion that if they were going to have Taker lose the Streak, it should have been his last match.

I guess we'll see what they do. I think that in retiring the "Undertaker" character it can be used beyond a match to enhance Bray's mystique. We'll see how it goes.

I do wish that Bray could have a match at Fast Lane and following Raws where he runs through all of the mystical evil characters WWE's had over the years.

Bray vs. Demon Kane
Bray vs. Impostor Kane
Bray vs. Boogeyman
Bray vs. Papa Shango
Bray vs. Kizarny
Bray vs. Kevin Thorn
Bray vs. Gangrel
Bray vs. The ECW Zombie (RIP)

Sephzilla

Bray is basically the only character that I think should be allowed to retire Undertaker, especially since Kane isn't Kane anymore.

Yup. Normally I'd say people should lose their retirement matches but he really, really shouldn't.

I'm inclined to agree. Taker is one of the rare people who shouldn't go out with a loss.

Also something felt off for me in that Ziggler/Wyatt match. Like it was close to being really good, never quite got there and it felt like there was miscommunication.

Also something felt off for me in that Ziggler/Wyatt match. Like it was close to being really good, never quite got there and it felt like there was miscommunication.

Bray Wyatt's not a very good wrestler. That's all.

It was sloppy in a few spots and Wyatt completely no selling the fameasser at the end was stupid as fuck.

Really annoyed me. I'm fine with Bray going over, but the finish was completely unearned.

Top Bottom