• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Kaladin

Had the cable internet guys over today for the third time in a month because of an issue where the internet would go down on cold nights. Fingers crossed that it is finally fixed....I'm hopeful as the numbers on my modem that were high are now lower.....so yeah...here's hoping.

Sephzilla

I'm supposed to get a call from the local furniture place today confirming my delivery for tomorrow and so far no call, getting a little worried

Also something felt off for me in that Ziggler/Wyatt match. Like it was close to being really good, never quite got there and it felt like there was miscommunication.

It was sloppy in a few spots and Wyatt completely no selling the fameasser at the end was stupid as fuck.

Marvel

could never
I fucking love WrassleGAF

ZJbe594.gif
Me too.

RP912

Banned
I do wish that Bray could have a match at Fast Lane and following Raws where he runs through all of the mystical evil characters WWE's had over the years.

Bray vs. Demon Kane
Bray vs. Impostor Kane
Bray vs. Boogeyman
Bray vs. Papa Shango
Bray vs. Kizarny
Bray vs. Kevin Thorn
Bray vs. Gangrel
Bray vs. The ECW Zombie (RIP)

Bray in a gauntlet match with all of those wrestlers including all different versions of the Undertaker.

Bowser

I do think a Bray/Taker program will make for some compelling TV. I just wonder where Bray goes after Mania. I have a problem with his character...there's just no purpose to it. Guys like Rollins, Reigns, Bryan, Orton, you know they're gunning for the title / "face of the company" status. A guy like Brock is the superstar attraction, a guy who finds great pleasure in inflicting pain on others.

Bray's character just seems to exist in its own universe. I can't see him being a serious main event talent challenging for the title. I guess they could do a story where he equates the title to holding sway / influence over the "WWE Universe" and that's why he's going after the champ, but still, a bit flimsy logic.

Oh well, might as well enjoy the ride.

Sephzilla

I do think a Bray/Taker program will make for some compelling TV. I just wonder where Bray goes after Mania. I just have a problem with his character...there's just no purpose to it. Guys like Rollins, Reigns, Bryan, Orton, you know they're gunning for the title / "face of the company" status. A guy like Brock is the superstar attraction, a guy who enjoys beating others up and being "the Man".

Bray's character just seems to exist in its own universe. I can't see him being a serious main event talent challenging for the title. I guess they could do a story where he equates being the title to holding sway / influence over the "WWE Universe" and that's why he's going after the champ, but still, a bit flimsy logic.

I'm kind of hoping Bray/Taker will kind of solidify Bray's character and give him a solid purpose from here out. Bray's definitely been wandering around without a real solid motive ever since Cena.

Marvel

could never
I do think a Bray/Taker program will make for some compelling TV.

I'm not so sure personally, the match at the event will probably be ok but I've never really enjoyed Deadman 'Taker on the mic like at all. His best and most convincing shit was with ABA/Big Evil and that ship has long since sailed.

Bray will shine when it comes to the war of words each week and no doubt at least to me anyway make, Undy look a bit silly.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

RP912

Banned
We would have had a Bray's Den by now. Imagine Bray interviewing wrestlers ala Snakes Pit/ Piper's Pit. It would be glorious. Better that than him being involved in bullshit feud and being stuck in midcard hell.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do think a Bray/Taker program will make for some compelling TV. I just wonder where Bray goes after Mania. I have a problem with his character...there's just no purpose to it. Guys like Rollins, Reigns, Bryan, Orton, you know they're gunning for the title / "face of the company" status. A guy like Brock is the superstar attraction, a guy who finds great pleasure in inflicting pain on others.

Bray's character just seems to exist in its own universe. I can't see him being a serious main event talent challenging for the title. I guess they could do a story where he equates the title to holding sway / influence over the "WWE Universe" and that's why he's going after the champ, but still, a bit flimsy logic.

I think that's one reason why Bray vs Taker makes sense. It's separated, it's different, and in absorbing the Undertaker he can go places with his gimmick.

Striker

I kind of feel like Wyatt needs his family back though for a Taker feud.
I thought they were suppose to bring in the Ascension for him, ala Gangrel with Edge and Christian then the Hardy Boyz. Actually would be a benefit for both sides. I haven't watched Bray's work or matches and felt invested at all.

Watching the '92 Rumble this morning. Up to the Legion of Doom vs. Natural Disasters match. Hawk and Animal were so big. Why even try to compare those bozos from Ascension to them, lol.

zychi

Banned
Bray Wyatt losing to the Undertaker means nothing. Bray Wyatt being involved with the Undertaker will make him look like a huge deal for the next two months.

They need to make it look like Taker BARELY beats Bray. Otherwise it's just a waste of a match at WM. I'd honestly prefer Bray v Luke v Harper over Taker coming back. He looked old and tired last year, I can't imagine he needs to come back this year.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Personally I think it's adorable how much you guys <3 Stro. Reminds me of how I felt when Heel absorbed the essence of my good friend sien916.

RIP in peace, friend.

Catching up on the WWE universe&#8482;

- Big Show's presence outside during Raw's main event was actually neat, the suicide dive replay showing him legging it out the way of a potential Bryan dive was great, had some jolly laughter shots, ate a missile spear, didn't interfere, in 2015.

- Enjoyed Miz and Mizdow dissension, the gimmick has run its course

- Old man state be damned, I'm pumped for the Taker teasing.

- I think I enjoyed THE BIG GUY and Harper more than the main event, feed me more.

- Cole had to spout the stipulations of the Raw main event so often he might as well have said the same statement back to back at one point.

- HHH podcast was enjoyable, I preferred it to the Vince one where the main draw was in seeing just how out of touch Vince seemed with the current product, Trips and Austin kept me engaged throughout, fun insight from Haitch. I think he handled the questions well as to give enough info while still playing it safe.

- Constant Kane the underrated, so says the COO

- Bryan/Reigns is an intriguing match up potentially for the wrong reasons.

Catching up on the Wrasslegaf Universe&#8482;
- I got nothing

Sephzilla

I'm just kind of curious why Sunny gets touchy when anyone brings up Stro. Sunny doesn't get that way when Freckle or SoulPlaya get brought up.

Scottify

So, if Bryan beats Reigns at Fast Lane, perhaps it will lead to Rollins vs. Reigns at WrestleMania for the MITB case, then when Brock beats Bryan, Rollins will cash in. I could live with that scenario.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just kind of curious why Sunny gets touchy when anyone brings up Stro. Sunny doesn't get that way when Freckle or SoulPlaya get brought up.

They never came back.
*or make me money

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So, if Bryan beats Reigns at Fast Lane, perhaps it will lead to Rollins vs. Reigns at WrestleMania for the MITB case, then when Brock beats Bryan, Rollins will cash in. I could live with that scenario.

Can you guys stop asking for Seth-kun to put his briefcase up for grabs? It's almost like you're rooting against the future.

Scottify

Can you guys stop asking for Seth-kun to put his briefcase up for grabs? It's almost like you're rooting against the future.

Nah, I'm rooting for him to keep it. It would just make his WM match all that more interesting with briefcase on the line.

Top Bottom